Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:51 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Cerakote in Western WA 

Hi Guys,

Looking for a shop to custom cerakote my new build - thinking of doing something along the Star Wars theme. I have a Ascend Armory receiver set with Fortis stock and BAD hand guard.

Want to be able to walk in and talk to the person rather than sending via USPS somewhere so local shops are best.

Thank you.

Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:37 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Black Hammer Arms. That is all you need to know!

Send a p.m. To Dreadi. He will take care of you. Great work and he will treat you right.

So, when does that "Old enough to know better" shit kick in???
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Last edited by Traut on Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:13 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

did you even try the search function??

Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:15 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

cmica wrote:
did you even try the search function??

Newer guy, Chris. Might be looking for personal recommendations, which we both can give without sorting through a search?

So, when does that "Old enough to know better" shit kick in???
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:18 pm

Do you want NIC (the manufacturer) certfied? MAD Custom Coating in Poulsbo. A bit of a wait time though.
Southridge Arms and Refinishing in Edgewood also does Cerakote but isn't factory certified.
Dreadi at Blackhammer Arms is highly recommended by everyone who has done business with him. Hard to argue with that.

A few other places in the area, but one is owned by a lying piece of cheating shit I won't ever spend a dime with. sorry asshole, cheat on your wife after you said you two broke up and you can eat a bag of dicks. "Oh yeah, your shotgun is soaking in acetone right now." Uh huh, three weeks later I get it back in the exact same condition I gave it to you, still coated with the same grease. Or what happened to that CZ of my buddy? Pissed off because his girlfriend wouldn't date your bitch ass? So half the slide is bead blasted, and a big ass stripe down the frame. Pettiness or just pathetic work?
Others I've not seen their work. So you'll have to look in the review section.

Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:51 pm

SBRNow wrote:
Hi Guys,

Looking for a shop to custom cerakote my new build - thinking of doing something along the Star Wars theme. I have a Ascend Armory receiver set with Fortis stock and BAD hand guard.

Want to be able to walk in and talk to the person rather than sending via USPS somewhere so local shops are best.

Thank you.

A lot of guys won't do copyrighted materials, that should be a primary question

~~~

Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:40 am

Capn Blood wrote:
SBRNow wrote:
Hi Guys,

Thank you.

A lot of guys won't do copyrighted materials, that should be a primary question

~~~

That's a good point. Especially bigger companies that don't want to risk a lawsuit. It kind of depends on how close of a theme is meant. Having an all white gun with black accents, or black with white accents would likely be fine. Having anything that is copyrighted though might cause problems. A lot of precedent has been set with neither Lucas nor Disney suing people and companies for using SW based designs.

Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:55 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If you saw the cottage industry that makes Disney crap on Etsy, you’d realize that Disney doesn’t care about small potato things like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:29 am
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

edogg wrote:
If you saw the cottage industry that makes Disney crap on Etsy, you’d realize that Disney doesn’t care about small potato things like this.

I have danced with the Mouse....don't provoke him...

1911 Pistolsmithing
Firearm Refinishing
GLOCK Certified Armorer
CMMG Authorized Dealer
NEMO Arms Authorized Dealer
http://www.blackhammerarms.com
http://www.facebook.com/blackhammerarms
https://www.instagram.com/blackhammerarms/

Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:37 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

See, I’ve always thought that the mouse would just kick everyone’s asses. But they seem to turn a blind eye to Etsy stuff. My wife buys Disney junk from there like I buy ammo...

Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:41 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

https://www.brand-x-customs.com/

Brandon is a great guy to deal with. He hasn't been very active on the board but he is still doing the work. He has always had a quick turn around for me. He is up in Everett

Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:51 pm

Thanks Guys. I've been looking at MAD Custom Coating but want to see if they actually have a storefront - Have reached out to them via website but has not gotten any reply.

Regarding the copyright issue - I'm just doing distressed white and contrast with black. No logo, etc... so should not be an issue.

Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:37 pm

Unicorn wrote:
Do you want NIC (the manufacturer) certfied? MAD Custom Coating in Poulsbo. A bit of a wait time though.
Southridge Arms and Refinishing in Edgewood also does Cerakote but isn't factory certified.
Dreadi at Blackhammer Arms is highly recommended by everyone who has done business with him. Hard to argue with that.

A few other places in the area, but one is owned by a lying piece of cheating shit I won't ever spend a dime with. sorry asshole, cheat on your wife after you said you two broke up and you can eat a bag of dicks. "Oh yeah, your shotgun is soaking in acetone right now." Uh huh, three weeks later I get it back in the exact same condition I gave it to you, still coated with the same grease. Or what happened to that CZ of my buddy? Pissed off because his girlfriend wouldn't date your bitch ass? So half the slide is bead blasted, and a big ass stripe down the frame. Pettiness or just pathetic work?
Others I've not seen their work. So you'll have to look in the review section.

Wow, and here I thought you were the mature one of the group. While you did manage to bring up a few facts, you certainly missed the mark on others. Oh wait, but you assumed you knew everything... Ahh fuck it, it's been years. You have fun carrying that baggage around, my boy.

P: (360) 972-2955

Certified Cerakote Applicator
Custom Firearm builds
Firearm Sales/Special Orders
Ammo/parts Sales

Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:17 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Fun times.

I have to recommend Black Hammer. Of the guys I've had Cerakote over the years he's the one guy not satisfied if there is a little nib or flaw in the coating. And let's face it. Unless the guy is a complete drunken aas this is what distinguishes the cream at the top.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:32 pm

SBRNow wrote:
Thanks Guys. I've been looking at MAD Custom Coating but want to see if they actually have a storefront - Have reached out to them via website but has not gotten any reply.

Regarding the copyright issue - I'm just doing distressed white and contrast with black. No logo, etc... so should not be an issue.

They sort of do, but it's out in BFE Poulsbo. They were incredibly responsive when it was just the 4 or 5 of them before they got big. Now they are the OEM coater for a couple of companies in the area and have a pretty big backlog. They do great work though. It's just takes patience to finally get through to them.

Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:32 pm
Reply to topic   [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next