Switch to full style
Let's talk about guns!
Post a reply

One year amnesty for "other firearms"?

Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:15 pm

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2408889185839312&id=819753411419572

Added screen shot from the book of faces

Last edited by 1811GNR on Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: One year amnesty for "other firearms"?

Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:22 pm

Good!!!! Now can we have this on AKs and Semi Auto Handguns?

Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:29 pm

zombie66 wrote:Good!!!! Now can we have this on AKs and Semi Auto Handguns?
We can if they are frames and receivers.
"I'd like to purchase the slide from that CZ pistol please".
"I see you have a CZ frame there. I'd like to purchase that."

Not so much: "will you drill the rivets out of that AK parts kit and separate it from the receiver please?"

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:38 pm

So it will just take a bit of work when we get home with our parts......”Some assembly required” with a picture of a screwdriver and hammer on the box of an Arsenal SLR-107.

Re: One year amnesty for

Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:19 am

You guys can thank me for this last minute change. I had not planned on it and did not have budget for it but I went and made some purchases last week in advance of the 1st due to changes in last few weeks with regard to "other" classified items. Now turns out those purchases were not "needed". Mind you if I had NOT bought them, then things would stay as they were last week. Murphy is my best buddy and likes to make sure I am fully in compliance with his laws... :frust:

J/K. This is good news all around and I thank those involved for getting this changed for the immediate future.

Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:39 am

Everything I have for sale or trade will be sold/transferred as "other". Extra parts will come with it.

Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:48 am

AR15L wrote:Everything I have for sale or trade will be sold/transferred as "other". Extra parts will come with it.

:rofl9: :ROFLMAO:

Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:55 am

AR15L wrote:Everything I have for sale or trade will be sold/transferred as "other". Extra parts will come with it.

So, you are still "Intending" to sell them a complete firearm, just in parts of phases. Guess what? You should read the RCW. Still going to jail.

Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:13 am

Massivedesign wrote:
AR15L wrote:Everything I have for sale or trade will be sold/transferred as "other". Extra parts will come with it be available.

So, you are still "Intending" to sell them a complete firearm, just in parts of phases. Guess what? You should read the RCW. Still going to jail.

That better?

Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:31 am

AR15L wrote:
Massivedesign wrote:
AR15L wrote:Everything I have for sale or trade will be sold/transferred as "other". Extra parts will come with it be available.

That better?

Depends if you like it to go in dry or very dry.

Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:44 am

I have an unused lower for sale. I bought it at the LGS. When I bought it, it was classified as "other". I have not assembled it. Now, I want to go a different direction so I intend to sell it.
Someone wants to buy it for future use. They don't know whether or not it will become a pistol or rifle. They are buying it as an "other".
Is that so hard to understand?

Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:08 pm

AR15L wrote:I have an unused lower for sale. I bought it at the LGS. When I bought it, it was classified as "other". I have not assembled it. Now, I want to go a different direction so I intend to sell it.
Someone wants to buy it for future use. They don't know whether or not it will become a pistol or rifle. They are buying it as an "other".
Is that so hard to understand?

I don't think anybody is questioning the OTHER part of it. But if you are attempting to sell something with the INTENT of bypassing the requirements of 594 or 1639 then you can be in deep shit. Sell your stripped lower (even if it has been assembled before), and they can go buy the parts they need to make it complete.

Or, do like the rest of us do, and just do what you want to do, without premeditating "hypotheticals" on the open web.

Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:47 pm

So did this actually happen?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:46 pm

edogg wrote:So did this actually happen?

As a FFL, I haven't seen anything from WA DOL yet.

Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:12 am

JPL wrote:
edogg wrote:So did this actually happen?

As a FFL, I haven't seen anything from WA DOL yet.

I have seen nothing from DOL either.
Post a reply