Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:22 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Gun shop Wait Times 

Brads Guns & Ammo wrote:
Ok, so the current wait time is 10 business days. Which is actually 14 calander days. I would love it if local PD would just respond in the proper amout of time. I mentioned 20 days for people that just don't get a response. The reason is because I actually had an incident where I let a customer pick up a pistol after 10 business days, that still hadn't received a response from the local PD. About 4 days later, after the guy already had the pistol, I received a "Denial" response. Even though I had followed the rules I felt terrible that I had given the guy a pistol. Local PD told me to try and get the guy to bring the pistol back or they would have to go retrieve it. They told me even though I was following the law I should not have given the guy the pistol until they responded.
I will not make my regular customers, that have bought from me before and always get a "proceed" wait more then 10 business days. Only people that are new, and don't get a response. This is just to start and my policy may need to change after we see how things go after July.

Thank you for posting this. I was actually going to finish up my pre-July 1 ordering this weekend and 3 of the 5 pistols on my list would have been from you. I’ve purchased 4 pistols from your store in the past year since moving here because your pricing is good. None of my remaining or future purchases will be made from you.

If you want to be an activist, that’s fine, but I’m not going to help fund it.

Thu May 16, 2019 6:31 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

nevadatransplant wrote:
Brads Guns & Ammo wrote:
Ok, so the current wait time is 10 business days. Which is actually 14 calander days. I would love it if local PD would just respond in the proper amout of time. I mentioned 20 days for people that just don't get a response. The reason is because I actually had an incident where I let a customer pick up a pistol after 10 business days, that still hadn't received a response from the local PD. About 4 days later, after the guy already had the pistol, I received a "Denial" response. Even though I had followed the rules I felt terrible that I had given the guy a pistol. Local PD told me to try and get the guy to bring the pistol back or they would have to go retrieve it. They told me even though I was following the law I should not have given the guy the pistol until they responded.
I will not make my regular customers, that have bought from me before and always get a "proceed" wait more then 10 business days. Only people that are new, and don't get a response. This is just to start and my policy may need to change after we see how things go after July.

Thank you for posting this. I was actually going to finish up my pre-July 1 ordering this weekend and 3 of the 5 pistols on my list would have been from you. I’ve purchased 4 pistols from your store in the past year since moving here because your pricing is good. None of my remaining or future purchases will be made from you.

If you want to be an activist, that’s fine, but I’m not going to help fund it.

I'm not a fan of the 20-day wait policy, as my previous posts indicate, but I believe this is a gross mischaracterization of both Brad and his business. The only activism I believe can rightly be attributed to him is pro-2A activism, which we should celebrate. If you have a problem with his policies, you are free to express them, as others (and I) have, but please do so without insinuating he is something that he is not. Brad is a 2A supporter and ally - of this I am sure.

Thu May 16, 2019 6:51 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

10, 20, 30 days. It still ends up being a two trip deal. All of it is BS

Brad is a stand up guy and has good points. He's found a decent policy in a flawed system. There's no activism in that

Thu May 16, 2019 7:06 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Im not looking to stir things up in a bad way but but following the "law" in a way that one "feels" is a better idea (20 day wait instead of 10) is NO diferrent than places like Dicks deciding that 21 years of age is better than 18 for a rifle purchase.

18 was the LAW but Dicks felt that 21 was better. They got NO support from the pro 2A crowd.

10 days is the LAW, so how does waiting 20 make a person pro 2A??

Thu May 16, 2019 7:46 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RocketScott wrote:
He's found a decent policy in a flawed system.

Was Dicks 21 yo policy decent? :popcorn:

Thu May 16, 2019 7:47 pm
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

Thanks for asking- yes, I follow the letter of the law to the best of my knowledge. In short, LE gets 10 business days to reply, then I transfer the firearm. The only exception is if I suspect something is not right with the customer...which is extremely rare.

Thu May 16, 2019 7:51 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin
Site Admin

3584ELK wrote:
Thanks for asking- yes, I follow the letter of the law to the best of my knowledge. In short, LE gets 10 business days to reply, then I transfer the firearm. The only exception is if I suspect something is not right with the customer...which is extremely rare.

Thank you. :thumbsup2:

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Thu May 16, 2019 8:28 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Old Growth wrote:
Im not looking to stir things up in a bad way but...

Oh, cool, we can have a discu...

Old Growth wrote:
RocketScott wrote:

So now you're comparing Brad's to Dick's?

I've been to Dick's, I've seen Dick's, I used to buy Dick's. Brad's is not Dick's

Thu May 16, 2019 9:07 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

I’ll keep buying from you, Brad!

Thu May 16, 2019 9:13 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

DGM33 wrote:
I’ll keep buying from you, Brad!

I will too!

Thu May 16, 2019 9:53 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This thread has veered from the subject. Put yourself in Brads shoes OG. I totally get where you are coming from, but that's his Livelihood at stake here and i can respect his decision to do business the way he feels he has too.

We as legal Gun owners and Sellers should never have been put in this position by the State. They have violated the State and Federal Constitution and are responsible for this mess, not an FFL who is trying to make a Living and avoid any Legal issues.

I agree the 10 wait and then release is clear, but i will not ostracize a good Man for making a decision i may not agree with.

So lets get back to the thread subject here and post policies FFL's have for transfer after the Law takes effect. I think we only have two in this whole multi page thread.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Fri May 17, 2019 12:32 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

How about letting people post what they want to post?

This is in General Discussion, and people are giving their opinion.

You reference the OP, and it's a generic "Gun Shop Wait Times..."

If you want 'Gun Shop's Wait Times', specific to each shop, perhaps start your own thread?

Most all here love Brad, and have for awhile...some may not like the new policy, and some may understand the policy everywhere may change.

To stifle discussion doesn't help anyone, including Brad, who was able to explain his position because of this thread.

Fri May 17, 2019 12:44 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

NWGunner wrote:
How about letting people post what they want to post?

This is in General Discussion, and people are giving their opinion.

You reference the OP, and it's a generic "Gun Shop Wait Times..."

If you want 'Gun Shop's Wait Times', specific to each shop, perhaps start your own thread?

Most all here love Brad, and have for awhile...some may not like the new policy, and some may understand the policy everywhere may change.

To stifle discussion doesn't help anyone, including Brad, who was able to explain his position because of this thread.

I'm not sure if you are directing that towards my reply above yours since you didn't quote me, but i am making that assumption.

This was the purpose of Arisaka's thread Steve, to discuss "Gun shop wait times" for transfer, so i won't be posting my own thread. It wasn't posted by Arisaka to debate, just info. See his frustration with the way the thread has degraded?

Arisaka wrote:
MadPick wrote:
Regardless of whether each of us like's Brad's 20-day policy for new buyers, I want to thank him for making his policy KNOWN. That's huge right now.

Based on what I know right now, which is:

- If I buy a gun from Brad after July 1, I'll definitely receive it either 10 days (if he knows I'm legal) or 20 days (if he doesn't know me) after the sale.
- If I buy a gun from someone else after July 1 . . . well, right now I don't know anybody's policy for sure, except that some will never give you the gun until they hear back from law enforcement.

That's an easy win in the Brad column, in my book. thumbsup

Which is exactly why I made the original post. The purpose of the thread was not to dog Brad, who is a great guy. The purpose was to create a thread where everybody could input the practices of their own LGS. That way we could all know what each gun shop was going to do, and make our shopping decisions accordingly.

But the thread immediately got derailed into bitching about Brad, and nobody posted the practices of other gun shops.

Madpick you can go ahead and delete this thread

I don't have any influence on what People post, that's on the poster and the Mods.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Fri May 17, 2019 1:45 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

usrifle wrote:
This thread has veered from the subject. Put yourself in Brads shoes OG. I totally get where you are coming from, but that's his Livelihood at stake here and i can respect his decision to do business the way he feels he has too.
We as legal Gun owners and Sellers should never have been put in this position by the State. They have violated the State and Federal Constitution and are responsible for this mess, not an FFL who is trying to make a Living and avoid any Legal issues.
I agree the 10 wait and then release is clear, but i will not ostracize a good Man for making a decision i may not agree with.
So lets get back to the thread subject here and post policies FFL's have for transfer after the Law takes effect. I think we only have two in this whole multi page thread.

In his shoes, I would follow the law as written. No MORE, no less.

Do you drive around going 10mph under the speed limit since it could be safer than the written speed limit/law?

You dont have to agree with my opinion, but failing to see the point Im making is not being very open minded.

Quote:
i can respect his decision to do business the way he feels he has too.

Can you respect my decision as a consumer to NOT want to do bizz with certain shops that enforce laws/waiting periods that DON'T exist?

It has nothing to do with a person, their prices, their customer service, or their LOYAL support group to me. It comes down to their ability to follow the LAW.

Fri May 17, 2019 9:43 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RocketScott wrote:
Old Growth wrote:
Im not looking to stir things up in a bad way but...

Oh, cool, we can have a discu...
Old Growth wrote:
RocketScott wrote:

So now you're comparing Brad's to Dick's?
I've been to Dick's, I've seen Dick's, I used to buy Dick's. Brad's is not Dick's

Not comparing the two as BIZZs or people.

Im comparing the idea of a POLICY that is NOT state law. I was comparing the example of policy (not law) change and the hypocrisy that follows.

Dicks chose to enact a policy of raising the age to what THEY thought was a safer limit than the LAW did. Our group chose not only to NOT support them but to openly boycott them. Is that OK behavior?

Now when another bizz chooses to enact a policy of EXTENDING the waiting period to what THEY think is a safer time/term than the LAW, that is acceptable?

Would it have been different if Dicks was a supporting/active vendor here?

Its not acceptable to me. Im not singling out ANY one shop. Whether its in Bonney Lake or in federal way or Vancouver, I will not buy or transfer if they state they will hold until they get a proceed, not just the 10 days.

I am expected to follow the law, I expect the vendor to also. Thats not a complicated request.

Im done defending my beliefs here. This is my last post in the thread.

I think a TON of remaining silent agree and feel the same as I do. I can only hope the remaining shops we have left can listen to the message being sent.

Fri May 17, 2019 9:59 am
Reply to topic   [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next