Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:24 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Gun shop Wait Times 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Brads Guns & Ammo wrote:
Ok, so the current wait time is 10 business days. Which is actually 14 calander days. I would love it if local PD would just respond in the proper amout of time. I mentioned 20 days for people that just don't get a response. The reason is because I actually had an incident where I let a customer pick up a pistol after 10 business days, that still hadn't received a response from the local PD. About 4 days later, after the guy already had the pistol, I received a "Denial" response. Even though I had followed the rules I felt terrible that I had given the guy a pistol. Local PD told me to try and get the guy to bring the pistol back or they would have to go retrieve it. They told me even though I was following the law I should not have given the guy the pistol until they responded.
I will not make my regular customers, that have bought from me before and always get a "proceed" wait more then 10 business days. Only people that are new, and don't get a response. This is just to start and my policy may need to change after we see how things go after July.

I see your point but doesn't this just mean that the "new, improved common-sense because we wanted to do something" law will put more guns out to those who should not have them than the previous instant-check system did?

I mean, not every gun shop is going to wait for the response like you.

Sat May 11, 2019 7:31 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Brads Guns & Ammo wrote:
...They told me even though I was following the law I should not have given the guy the pistol until they responded.

This is the dumbest bunch of horseshit I've heard in a long, long time. (Not directed at you, Brad.)

If the LE agencies can't turn responses around within the legislated timeframe, then either change how they respond or change the law. Don't suggest that a denial of rights because the system is broken is anywhere near a reasonable solution. Citizens shouldn't take it in the shorts just because gov is fucked up.

Sat May 11, 2019 7:34 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

mislabeled wrote:
Brads Guns & Ammo wrote:
...They told me even though I was following the law I should not have given the guy the pistol until they responded.

This is the dumbest bunch of horseshit I've heard in a long, long time. (Not directed at you, Brad.)

If the LE agencies can't turn responses around within the legislated timeframe, then either change how they respond or change the law. Don't suggest that a denial of rights because the system is broken is anywhere near a reasonable solution. Citizens shouldn't take it in the shorts just because gov is fucked up.

Agreed. Brad didn’t fuck up in that situation ... the law enforcement agency that didn’t get the background check completed in a timely manner is the one that fucked up.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sat May 11, 2019 8:13 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

They should alternatively allow use of an existing card that shows "I already passed a bcg"...
Oh, wait...

Sat May 11, 2019 10:16 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

mislabeled wrote:
Brads Guns & Ammo wrote:

That's what I was thinking when I read that.
WTF?
It's apparent that a portion of the population is not worried about our Natural Rights.

Sat May 11, 2019 11:52 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PMB wrote:
mislabeled wrote:
Brads Guns & Ammo wrote:

WTF?
It's apparent that a portion of the population is not worried about our Natural Rights.

I'm pretty stubborn. I would tell the cops to pound sand and go ahead and do THEIR job and go take the gun back. You did your part. Toss the burden back to LE and the State. Let them flounder and show how fucked up the system they've created is. This will help in a call for repeal.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Sat May 11, 2019 2:08 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

PMB wrote:
mislabeled wrote:
Brads Guns & Ammo wrote:

WTF?

I dicked around when I bought a Carry Optics pistol from a member here using WCA for the transfer....I didnt get back to WCA till like 3 weeks after they called and told me to come get it....I was on
I-5 driving back from a Marysville match and traffic sucked. I wanted to go home so I called them.

I was told then that after 30 days I'd have to re-apply for the transfer.,....which I'm sure would have included fees.

I took 405 and got the pistol.

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Sat May 11, 2019 2:23 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:
heymagic wrote:
Wa,gov is about 500,000 transfers behind I've heard. NICS doesn't ever have to answer a request. Delayed forever isn't much different in reality than denied. If gubmint makes a law we have to wait 10 days then the other 1/2 the story should be they must respond in that 10 day period also. This is stuff Olympia doesn't even consider or care about. They put all the burden and discomfort on LEO , FFL and purchasers.

Hang in there Brad , you have always seemed to be a great guy in my mind.

Here is what we need to do. In the first week of July, go to a gun store and buy a gun.. Flood the system. Also, take a buddy and sell him a gun, then an hour later, have him sell you a gun. Flood the system. Thousands of gun owners (which is a small percentage) doing this would break the whole system.

I’m in. rehv arms or brads here I come!

Sat May 11, 2019 8:01 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

There are some FFL's that will not release a gun unless they get a proceed, no matter how long it takes. If it goes over 30 days you have to resubmit. I had a customer that was buying a used gun that he wanted very badly and didn't care how many times he had to apply (twice) he was going to wait it out.

Mon May 13, 2019 9:51 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Maybe we should have a thread with a list of gun shops that are known to uphold the LAW and a list of ones that are on a justice crusade and holding guns forever.

I am a legal owner that has a valid permit. I had my permit renewal held "hostage" by offices that were not doing their job in a timely manner. Im not interested in buying a gun and having it held hostage by a private dealer because a GOV employee is not doing THEIR job in a timely manner.

I will take my bizz elseware.

Mon May 13, 2019 9:58 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Old Growth wrote:
Maybe we should have a thread with a list of gun shops that are known to uphold the LAW and a list of ones that are on a justice crusade and holding guns forever.

I am a legal owner that has a valid permit. I had my permit renewal held "hostage" by offices that were not doing their job in a timely manner. Im not interested in buying a gun and having it held hostage by a private dealer because a GOV employee is not doing THEIR job in a timely manner.

I will take my bizz elseware.

Truth!
If the business DOESN'T or WON'T follow the law as written then they deserve to go out of business.

Mon May 13, 2019 10:04 am
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

Believe me I am super stressed out about how all this new stuff is going to effect my business. I have a feeling business is going to be slow after July 1st. At least at the begining. I talked to Pierce county and they did tell me they are going to hire anther person (hopefully more) to deal with the increased workload. I'm going to see how it all pans out the first couple weeks and adjust from there. Like I siad my regulars or even someone that has bought from me before don't have to worry because I already know they can pass and so I will just wait the 10 business days and release. I definitely don't want people to start saying "Don't go to Brad's, he holds guns forever". I wish I could just do a NICS check while people wait, and send them home right then, with a smile on there face. But the state has other plans for now.

17008 Forest Canyon RD E
Lake Tapps, Wa. 98391

Tue May 14, 2019 5:30 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Brads Guns & Ammo wrote:
Believe me I am super stressed out about how all this new stuff is going to effect my business. I have a feeling business is going to be slow after July 1st. At least at the begining. I talked to Pierce county and they did tell me they are going to hire anther person (hopefully more) to deal with the increased workload. I'm going to see how it all pans out the first couple weeks and adjust from there. Like I siad my regulars or even someone that has bought from me before don't have to worry because I already know they can pass and so I will just wait the 10 business days and release. I definitely don't want people to start saying "Don't go to Brad's, he holds guns forever". I wish I could just do a NICS check while people wait, and send them home right then, with a smile on there face. But the state has other plans for now.

You can always follow the law and release the gun after the TEN days that the state has to do their job.

Tue May 14, 2019 7:57 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Old Growth wrote:
Brads Guns & Ammo wrote:

You can always follow the law and release the gun after the TEN days that the state has to do their job.

Agreed, make LE do their job, and if they can't, it's on them to fix it. Don't punish customers for the .gov's incompetence.

Tue May 14, 2019 8:43 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Guns4Liberty wrote:
Old Growth wrote:
Brads Guns & Ammo wrote:

Agreed, make LE do their job, and if they can't, it's on them to fix it. Don't punish customers for the .gov's incompetence.

Exactly this, it’s not your problem Brad that they don’t get back to you within 10 days that’s their problem. They should figure out a way to make the system more efficient. Also if enough LE complain of people getting guns then getting a deny it’ll push these liberals to do a single point of contact system that speeds up the process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tue May 14, 2019 8:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next