Switch to full style
Let's talk about guns!
Post a reply

Gun shop Wait Times

Fri May 10, 2019 6:35 pm

Although the law says a 10-day wait is all you need to do as an FFL come July 1, I suspect many shops will wait longer. Was at Brads Guns yesterday, and he is planning to wait 20 days. Anybody hear from other shops?

Re: Gun shop Wait Times

Fri May 10, 2019 6:38 pm

20 days?! That’s effed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fri May 10, 2019 6:46 pm

Arisaka wrote:Although the law says a 10-day wait is all you need to do as an FFL come July 1, I suspect many shops will wait longer. Was at Brads Guns yesterday, and he is planning to wait 20 days. Anybody hear from other shops?

Did he say why?

Fri May 10, 2019 7:13 pm

I heard some shops have to mail the paperwork in, and wait for it to be mailed back. Plus the backlog...

Fri May 10, 2019 8:47 pm

Ok, so the current wait time is 10 business days. Which is actually 14 calander days. I would love it if local PD would just respond in the proper amout of time. I mentioned 20 days for people that just don't get a response. The reason is because I actually had an incident where I let a customer pick up a pistol after 10 business days, that still hadn't received a response from the local PD. About 4 days later, after the guy already had the pistol, I received a "Denial" response. Even though I had followed the rules I felt terrible that I had given the guy a pistol. Local PD told me to try and get the guy to bring the pistol back or they would have to go retrieve it. They told me even though I was following the law I should not have given the guy the pistol until they responded.
I will not make my regular customers, that have bought from me before and always get a "proceed" wait more then 10 business days. Only people that are new, and don't get a response. This is just to start and my policy may need to change after we see how things go after July.

Sat May 11, 2019 5:14 am

I like that policy, Brad. thumbsup

Sat May 11, 2019 5:35 am

Wa,gov is about 500,000 transfers behind I've heard. NICS doesn't ever have to answer a request. Delayed forever isn't much different in reality than denied. If gubmint makes a law we have to wait 10 days then the other 1/2 the story should be they must respond in that 10 day period also. This is stuff Olympia doesn't even consider or care about. They put all the burden and discomfort on LEO , FFL and purchasers.

Hang in there Brad , you have always seemed to be a great guy in my mind.

Sat May 11, 2019 5:55 am

heymagic wrote:Wa,gov is about 500,000 transfers behind I've heard. NICS doesn't ever have to answer a request. Delayed forever isn't much different in reality than denied. If gubmint makes a law we have to wait 10 days then the other 1/2 the story should be they must respond in that 10 day period also. This is stuff Olympia doesn't even consider or care about. They put all the burden and discomfort on LEO , FFL and purchasers.

Here is what we need to do. In the first week of July, go to a gun store and buy a gun.. Flood the system. Also, take a buddy and sell him a gun, then an hour later, have him sell you a gun. Flood the system. Thousands of gun owners (which is a small percentage) doing this would break the whole system.

Sat May 11, 2019 7:01 am

Massivedesign wrote:
heymagic wrote:Wa,gov is about 500,000 transfers behind I've heard. NICS doesn't ever have to answer a request. Delayed forever isn't much different in reality than denied. If gubmint makes a law we have to wait 10 days then the other 1/2 the story should be they must respond in that 10 day period also. This is stuff Olympia doesn't even consider or care about. They put all the burden and discomfort on LEO , FFL and purchasers.

Here is what we need to do. In the first week of July, go to a gun store and buy a gun.. Flood the system. Also, take a buddy and sell him a gun, then an hour later, have him sell you a gun. Flood the system. Thousands of gun owners (which is a small percentage) doing this would break the whole system.

This will be painful, especially for folks waiting on a piece they truly want... but I'm IN!

Want to set the date? July 2nd? (the REAL Independence day) Even buying a stripped lower will suffice.

Sat May 11, 2019 7:06 am

What’s the mechanism to then make them FIX it? What if that’s the plan? Get it good and effed up and leave it that way?

Sat May 11, 2019 7:08 am

Massivedesign wrote:

Nothing would make the dems happier than thousands of people denied their firearms.

Sat May 11, 2019 7:09 am

Brads Guns & Ammo wrote:Ok, so the current wait time is 10 business days. Which is actually 14 calander days. I would love it if local PD would just respond in the proper amout of time. I mentioned 20 days for people that just don't get a response. The reason is because I actually had an incident where I let a customer pick up a pistol after 10 business days, that still hadn't received a response from the local PD. About 4 days later, after the guy already had the pistol, I received a "Denial" response. Even though I had followed the rules I felt terrible that I had given the guy a pistol. Local PD told me to try and get the guy to bring the pistol back or they would have to go retrieve it. They told me even though I was following the law I should not have given the guy the pistol until they responded.
I will not make my regular customers, that have bought from me before and always get a "proceed" wait more then 10 business days. Only people that are new, and don't get a response. This is just to start and my policy may need to change after we see how things go after July.

Thank you for the clarification Brad! I’m on board with that!

Sat May 11, 2019 7:12 am

Chains wrote:What’s the mechanism to then make them FIX it? What if that’s the plan? Get it good and effed up and leave it that way?

I'm pretty sure that IS the plan.

When they go into these things, they aren't as stupid as they want you to think. (Or as smart as they want what they think is their target audience, to think.)

They know it is going to cause problems for gun owners and sellers.

They may know exactly what those problems will be. They might just have a vague idea what the problems will be. They may only have a hope, and absolutely no idea what the problems will be.

But rest assured, causing problems for legal, law-abiding gun owners, and gun sellers is EXACTLY their plan.

Sat May 11, 2019 7:20 am

Brads Guns & Ammo wrote:Ok, so the current wait time is 10 business days. Which is actually 14 calander days. I would love it if local PD would just respond in the proper amout of time. I mentioned 20 days for people that just don't get a response. The reason is because I actually had an incident where I let a customer pick up a pistol after 10 business days, that still hadn't received a response from the local PD. About 4 days later, after the guy already had the pistol, I received a "Denial" response. Even though I had followed the rules I felt terrible that I had given the guy a pistol. Local PD told me to try and get the guy to bring the pistol back or they would have to go retrieve it. They told me even though I was following the law I should not have given the guy the pistol until they responded.

Well stated Brad.
I had a very similiar incident happen a couple years ago.

Sat May 11, 2019 7:20 am

Arisaka wrote:

Thank you for the clarification Brad! I’m on board with that!

I realize that Brad is running a business and he has to do things a certain way but that doesn't mean we have to be happy about it. I mean, this is what the D's wanted. Break us down little by little. Sure, they ask for the moon each time but by settling for just a little always means they are getting what they want. On their way to total disarming.
This needs to be changed back to the old system. OR do like some... ignore the hell out of it. :wink05:
Pretty soon the liberty tree will not only get watered, it will get flooded in anti's blood.
Post a reply