Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:58 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Large Gun Collection Seizure in CA 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Interesting backstory on the properties that Cynthia Beck owns:

https://www.yolandaslittleblackbook.com/blog/2018/05/18/cynthia-beck-abandoned-malibu-mansion-28012-sea-lane/

She's a recluse, so it wouldn't surprise me if she had no interest in what was going on at this house. Could just be that grounds keeper Willy had something going on the side, maybe

Tin foil hat time - I've seen commentary about how this coincides with a recent ruling on the fast and furious operation by the judiciary committee, which is now controlled by (D). At this point it's not crazy to think that they would find a goat to take the fall. It's a long game but I don't see any political advantage pursuing this. (D) block is short sighted and probably have no idea what FAF is/was

Sat May 11, 2019 12:13 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Is there a public db that allows us to learn if he was a home based ffl?

Sat May 11, 2019 10:21 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

quantsuff wrote:
Is there a public db that allows us to learn if he was a home based ffl?

http://www.fflregistry.com/index.php

Don't know if just his name will get a result. May have to locate his business name or searhc the ATF's "Current Licensee" PDF file/list.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Sat May 11, 2019 11:15 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Man arrested after 1,000 guns found at Los Angeles home is charged

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/man-arrested-after-1000-guns-found-at-los-angeles-home-is-charged/ar-AAEoiZR?li=BBnbfcL

Quote:
A man arrested after federal law enforcement officers found more than 1,000 guns at a home in one of the richest areas of Los Angeles has been charged with 64 felony counts, the Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office said.

Quote:
Saenz was charged with 23 counts of possession of an assault weapon, 17 counts of transfer of handgun with no licensed firearms dealer, 15 counts of unlawful assault weapon/.50 BMG rifle activity, seven counts of possession of a short-barreled rifle or shotgun, and two counts of possession of a destructive device, the Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office said in Monday's statement.

If convicted, he faces a maximum sentence of 48 years and eight months in state prison, the DA's office said.

Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:49 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

I think its more disturbing he collected mid/late 90's Suburbans.

Maybe he had a thing for shitty factory paint jobs.

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:35 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

At least one 4" blue Python or Diamondback tossed in the pile. Note that many of the guns were unboxed by the cops and the boxes discarded in two pickup trucks. I would think that would damage collector value of many of those guns. Nice.

Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:01 am

By the time this comes to trial all the good stuff will have disappeared to officers personal collections. Look at the charges. This guy has stuff that was legal bebore commimefornia changed the law and because he had so much of it he was overwhelmed. You or I would have moved it out of the state to a secure site bit by bit.

Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:47 am
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

WaJim wrote:
I think its more disturbing he collected mid/late 90's Suburbans.

Maybe he had a thing for shitty factory paint jobs.

Aren’t those Astro vans?

Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3