Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:34 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 13165 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 840, 841, 842, 843, 844, 845, 846 ... 878  Next
 What did you do today in the world of firearms? 

Needle nose vise grips might be able to get a purchase on it.

I'm assuming it's loctited, or were you just doing a test fit?

Tue Jun 06, 2023 11:53 am

ViniVidivici wrote:
Needle nose vise grips might be able to get a purchase on it.

I'm assuming it's loctited, or were you just doing a test fit?

It did have the factory past loctite on it. I could probably heat it up with the tip of a soldering iron to break it loose.

Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:48 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Did a bunch of rimfire shooting on Sunday, plus tried some Underwood +P in my NAA Guardian .32ACP. Had two FTE/stovepipes in the first 6rnd mag. Not sure if it's too hot and the extractor is skipping off the rim, or maybe there's just not enough dwell with a fast 55gr bullet to move the slide. Fired great with cheapo 71gr FMJ though. I probably just need a ~70gr defensive load for this gun and forget the exotic stuff. I've heard most good .32ACP defensive ammo is European.

Tried cleaning the baffle sections of my Spectre II with regular nutshell media. Doesn't really work. Moving up to SS pins.

Tue Jun 06, 2023 2:17 pm

Stumbled across Real Avid's Speed Stand portable cleaning stand... wondering if it might also make an expedient benchrest for testing in addition to a cleaning tool.

What have YOU done to defend your gun rights against the idiots in DC and Olympia today?

Tue Jun 06, 2023 4:10 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

mmalleck wrote:
Fixed a butt plate on my 1966 Marlin 99 M1....

That's some nice work, Mark! And beautifully documented, too. :thumbsup2:

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Tue Jun 06, 2023 5:43 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
mmalleck wrote:
Fixed a butt plate on my 1966 Marlin 99 M1....

That's some nice work, Mark! And beautifully documented, too. :thumbsup2:

Thanks - I've got some made-in-the-USA needle files coming, so I can clean up the checkering (hopefully).

Tue Jun 06, 2023 5:52 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Went to the range today. It was Glocks-R-Us.

I dropped a minus connector in my Glock 17 Gen 1 reproduction. So far I dig it. Lighter.

I also shot my 29 and just purchased 30 slide. It's got me wanting a 20/21 again.

The 29 has a large dot Ameriglow on the front sight. I really like it. As my eyes get older it appreciates the bright orange front sight.

Decided I'm going to have to switch to a large dot bright orange front sight for my other Glocks.

I also found out that my Magpul Glock 17 magazine comfortably holds 18 rounds.

I need to load up some plinking 38 special rounds for my trooper. Need to mix it up.

Studying for my Liberal Arts degree at Evergreen College.

YouTube taught me, just like everybody else.

Thu Jun 08, 2023 4:05 pm

Aren't those Ameriglos great? Similar here for preference, Ameriglo Bold orange square w/ tritium front. They just POP in all light conditions.

Yellow dot front for optic equipped guns. Same awesomeness.

Thu Jun 08, 2023 5:48 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I feel like they pop more than the HiViz fiber optic front sight I bought for one of my Glock 22s.

I want a red dot, but not least oking forward to the slide machine cost and red dot. :(

Why does shit have to be so expensive. LoL

Thu Jun 08, 2023 6:23 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Replaced my PWS FSC47 on my PAP M92 with MI Blast Can in preparation for tomorrow's work....

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Thu Jun 08, 2023 7:43 pm

stompah wrote:
I feel like they pop more than the HiViz fiber optic front sight I bought for one of my Glock 22s.

I want a red dot, but not least oking forward to the slide machine cost and red dot. :(

I hear ya!

Best bang for the buck to mount an optic for a Glock 19 is a PSA Dagger slide. Complete w/ internals for around 120.

AIM Surplus stripped slides are great too, stripped for around 140. Got one on my side right now, as usual.

Thu Jun 08, 2023 9:51 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

ViniVidivici wrote:
stompah wrote:

I hear ya!

Best bang for the buck to mount an optic for a Glock 19 is a PSA Dagger slide. Complete w/ internals for around 120.

AIM Surplus stripped slides are great too, stripped for around 140. Got one on my side right now, as usual.
Its about the same to cut the stock slide as to buy an aftermarket slide. Decisions...

Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:19 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

After almost a year I finally traded off a new pair of HKS PY-A speed loaders that I acquired last year. Come to find out they were for a Colt and not a Smith and Wesson. Straight up trade for HKS 10 with each of us paying our own shipping ($4.95). :thumbsup2:

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Fri Jun 09, 2023 7:20 am

stompah wrote:
ViniVidivici wrote:
stompah wrote:

I hear ya!

Its about the same to cut the stock slide as to buy an aftermarket slide. Decisions...

Yep, I did that thought experiment myself.

In the end, I decided I like options, so went aftermarket, so as to be able to keep the stock slides as they are, for various reasons.

And that way the gun's not deadlined while I wait for the turnaround either.

I think also, on the first one, it was more of a "proof of concept" and training/learning situation, to see if I really could get good use out of the MRDS concept.

Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:01 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

ViniVidivici wrote:
stompah wrote:
ViniVidivici wrote:
stompah wrote:

I hear ya!

Yep, I did that thought experiment myself.

In the end, I decided I like options, so went aftermarket, so as to be able to keep the stock slides as they are, for various reasons.

And that way the gun's not deadlined while I wait for the turnaround either.

I think also, on the first one, it was more of a "proof of concept" and training/learning situation, to see if I really could get good use out of the MRDS concept.

This gun is going to solely be a range gun. And I'm itching for a Glock 23 to replace my 29 as my carry gun. Oh I want a 20/21 too.

Why, oh why doesn't money grow on trees?

Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:52 am
Reply to topic   [ 13165 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 840, 841, 842, 843, 844, 845, 846 ... 878  Next