Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:03 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Has 6943 Achieved any of it's goals??? Seriously. 

I'm doing some research on the effects of 6943.

And my questions are:

Has it achieved any of it's stated goals? (And I'm not really looking for a bunch of rants, statistics more than opinions. Has anyone seen anything about it's effect on "gun violence?") (And I do believe gun violence is up in King county, which sets up an interesting question: why? And who is doing the shooting and where do their guns come from?)

How much has it cost the State Partol to implement the law, both in actual dollars and use of manpower who could be doing someting else. Did state give any money to WSP to implement?

How much has it cost local law enforcement to implement? Both in terms of actual dollars and manpower costs? Did they get any money from the state? (And how do local sheriffs see this. I know some hate the law, others tolerate it 'cause they have no choice. Do any like it?_

I'm not looking for stats on Red Flag laws or storage requirements, mostly the change from NICS to local LEO. (And does anyone know the precise procedure local sheriffs are using to vet purchases and purchasers. If all they are doing is calling NICS and nothing more, I'll ask the question we asked a couple of years ago...Why?

What else should we be examining in terms of trying to demonstrate whether the law works and whether the cost is worth it?

(And I will be contacting local law enforcement to ask these questions, plus the 2nd Amemdment foundation. Anyone else I should talk to?)

Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:09 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sounds like all good questions.
Maybe you can get some of us to check with our locals for you.
That would expand your base.
Let me know...

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Proverbs 27:12 -- “A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.”
Need Long term Food or Survival Supplies, I have extras, Grab the Supplies_Available.pdf. Prices Quoted are close to my actual cost:
https://backupcomputing.workplace.datto.com/filelink/6af06-883bf7e-31d469c0e1-2
Link corrected 1/30/2021.

The prudent Wagunner trains and prepares to defend themselves and their families, friends, and neighbors. They also are prepared to feed, shelter, and provide aid as well.
Danger is coming and may already be here, how prepared are you? Click the link above for lots of good info to get started.

Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:43 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

6943?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:07 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

What is 6943?

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:08 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

I assume you're talking about Initiative 1639 . . . ? Remember 594 too, which was even more damaging in my opinion.

Redcoat3340 wrote:
I'm not looking for stats on Red Flag laws or storage requirements, mostly the change from NICS to local LEO. (And does anyone know the precise procedure local sheriffs are using to vet purchases and purchasers. If all they are doing is calling NICS and nothing more, I'll ask the question we asked a couple of years ago...Why?

My understanding is that in addition to the NICS check, they are also doing a mental health check.

The law also requires that this check be re-run every year . . . I'm pretty damned sure they aren't doing that yet. Imagine how overwhelmed our law enforcement would be if they were?!

Of course, many of our local law enforcement agencies have proven in recent months that they don't give a shit about following the law themselves, at least when it comes to processing CPL applications. So maybe they aren't particularly worried about other firearm laws either.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:13 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Crime is up.

Gun use in crimes is up in metro areas/Seattle.

Those bullshit laws have helped nothing. They did NOT listen to law abiding gun owners when we were CLEARLY telling everyone listening such laws do nothing except harass gun owners.

Now they think the cure is more gun CONTROL.

So what WAS their goal? Achieved? Stated? - NO! Hidden goal? Of course.

No shut up and do as you are told.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:21 pm

Whatever the heck 6943 was - if it was one of those "gun safety" things foisted upon us by Seattle/King County voters, or the Dems they elected, then yes it is achieving its goals - all of which are to screw with lawful gun owners. Nothing what-so-ever to do with crime or criminals. Message ends...

Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:25 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

6943!Image

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:19 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
My understanding is that in addition to the NICS check, they are also doing a mental health check.

The law also requires that this check be re-run every year . . . I'm pretty damned sure they aren't doing that yet. Imagine how overwhelmed our law enforcement would be if they were?!

Correct on the both points.
As to the second point, they explicitly said they're not doing it yet; there's no possible legal way for them to do it until the state background check system is up, and even then the cost will be sky high. It's especially pointless when they already have a database of all firearms you have, and if you are ineligible the court that makes you ineligible will order you to surrender your firearms.

Sauce: https://ofm.wa.gov/sites/default/files/ ... _Final.pdf
Quote:
The Department of Licensing (DOL) is developing recommendations for a system to perform annual rechecks of past pistol and SAR transfers, as required by RCW 9.41.139. At the time of this report, it is unknown what process will be recommended to accomplish this task. If this responsibility incorporates local LEAs in performing rechecks for the eligibility status of previous firearm transfers, it could potentially add hundreds of thousands of checks to the growing workload of local LEAs.

Given the cost of a SPoC system and the state's budgetary woes, this legislative session seems like a good time to nix the whole idea and just go fully to NICS checks. Anyone have the ear of a legislator who might be interested in sponsoring legislation to do that?

Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:21 pm

OF course it has accomplished its goals!

This had nothing to do with Safety or security it had everything to do with controlling the peasants and generating revenue. You cannot legally sell your own property without going through the officially sanctioned brokers and paying another fee to check with a system that is so woefully underfunded that it has been labelled inept. They do not care about you or your safety and they take whatever common sense you bring forth to them and cancel you for not being woke so no one would listen to you anyway. George Orwell would be shocked that his books were a blueprint and not a list of warnings.

Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:34 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I've heard several people say they are no longer purchasing certain firearms (even handguns) after 1639 was passed, so yes, it has achieved its intended purpose.

https://www.firearmspolicy.org/

See their progress on the WA mag ban:

https://www.firearmspolicy.org/sullivan

Sun Oct 31, 2021 1:49 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

I have done well over a hundred gun trades and sales off this board and TOS.
But the passage of 594 and the other stupid laws took all the fun out of it. Have about 50 guns I'd like to sell, but there is too much fucking around involved for me to even bother.
Good thing I already have about everything me or the kids will ever need.

Sun Oct 31, 2021 3:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]