Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:06 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 SKS magazine pops out 

Sooo,, My Norinco SKS , 30 rnd Magazine pops out while shooting ,I have two of them , One sks does not while using the same magazine . The Magazine catch on the one that pops is Slightly worn , so I ordered one on ebay , I watched the Video , its easy to replace , and tips out there ? Because , it also looks like its looser in the slide part of the trigger assembly, What part is worn I don't know , but , In my Mind I will change it and if thats it , then Im done , However , it appears if the magazine clip part that engauges , If it was 30thousandths or about , ?? longer it would also work as a fix , Im going to try to find the OEM , One in the basement ' And finally , Where is all the cheap ammo? ,7.62x39 I got some for 35 cents a round , Of course the good ole days are long gone , I bought these so long ago , That I paid 79 $ for it , the Mosins 99$ then in a couple months 150$ , Lookingback I should have bought 10,000 rounds and 20 of each , What fun us has been over the years to take my son out and Blow 1,000 rouds on a weekend, camping on the forest roads ,at any rate that was 2012, and he is in college , So Im back again on Waguns , looking for the cheap ole rounds and rifles to shoot so many rounds , Any Ideas for inexpensive shooting ?

Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:50 am

The days of inexpensive shooting are long gone. If you reload it is only less expensive if you can get or make components.

Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:06 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

tacomahardwoodfloor wrote:
Sooo,, My Norinco SKS , 30 rnd Magazine pops out while shooting ,I have two of them , One sks does not while using the same magazine . The Magazine catch on the one that pops is Slightly worn , so I ordered one on ebay , I watched the Video , its easy to replace , and tips out there ? Because , it also looks like its looser in the slide part of the trigger assembly, What part is worn I don't know , but , In my Mind I will change it and if thats it , then Im done , However , it appears if the magazine clip part that engauges , If it was 30thousandths or about , ?? longer it would also work as a fix , Im going to try to find the OEM , One in the basement ' And finally , Where is all the cheap ammo? ,7.62x39 I got some for 35 cents a round , Of course the good ole days are long gone , I bought these so long ago , That I paid 79 $ for it , the Mosins 99$ then in a couple months 150$ , Lookingback I should have bought 10,000 rounds and 20 of each , What fun us has been over the years to take my son out and Blow 1,000 rouds on a weekend, camping on the forest roads ,at any rate that was 2012, and he is in college , So Im back again on Waguns , looking for the cheap ole rounds and rifles to shoot so many rounds , Any Ideas for inexpensive shooting ?

If it was me oi would go back to the factory mag. The 30's are notorious for malfunctioning. I to remember buying them cheap along with chinese,east german makarov's for 99.00 each and if you bought 5 you got the for 89.00 ea
But I regress back to sks the only ones that really worked fairly well were the converted ones that took ak mags. "Cowboy companion" ranchers friend those were two of the names. There were 2 or 3 different versions but out of those the best one had a ak 47 mag catch

Maybe if you can find one of the 20 round steel fixed mags that might work better for you.

Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:09 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]