Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:07 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 13165 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 774, 775, 776, 777, 778, 779, 780 ... 878  Next
 What did you do today in the world of firearms? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Bilgetroll wrote:
What is the advantage of a separate policy vs. adding to your home policy, other than that then your HO insurance company doesn't know you're a gun guy?

Usually riders and inclusions in homeowner's policies are very limited and overpriced.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:14 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I got orientated and my mag card at CSC Today. Nice range!

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:15 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Bilgetroll wrote:
What is the advantage of a separate policy vs. adding to your home policy, other than that then your HO insurance company doesn't know you're a gun guy?

Declared value. No bitching about replacement costs, or verifying ownership.

Mine was a rider, and was pretty inexpensive. Like $40/yr for 6 grand in protected assets. My renters insurance only covered a certain amount of firearms/jewelry/etc... and had quite a few separate categories that would max out pretty quickly. Something like $1500 in firearms, 1k$ in jewelry,1k in collectibles, etc.

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:39 pm

TechnoWeenie wrote:
Bilgetroll wrote:

Declared value. No bitching about replacement costs, or verifying ownership.

Mine was a rider, and was pretty inexpensive. Like $40/yr for 6 grand in protected assets. My renters insurance only covered a certain amount of firearms/jewelry/etc... and had quite a few separate categories that would max out pretty quickly. Something like $1500 in firearms, 1k$ in jewelry,1k in collectibles, etc.

These are good points, thanks.

LOL at the $1500 coverage. "Congratulations sir we've agreed to replace half of your favorite FN49. Would you like the front half or the back half? Sorry about all the rest of your stuff."

Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:25 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Just got my jet funnel for my usp expert!
Quick install and a big thanks to the member for 3 9mm jf mags ya know who you are ;)
I have 6 mags now. But still looking for 2 more locally.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:59 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Picked up my Heritage Barkeep from Brads (record time for me, 6 business days!).

Attachment:
20210624_141828.jpg

Little .22 Single Action fun gun, but the stock grips are all wrong for this type of pistol.

So I fixed it...

Spoiler: show
(Note: It only comes with a .22LR cylinder. I got the .22 WMR cylinder direct from Heritage along with the new grip.)

Attachment:
20210624_143109.jpg

Fits my hand so much better.

Attachment:
20210624_143317.jpg

And really compliments my centerfire Single Action!

Attachment:
20210624_143456.jpg

Now I just need to make holsters for them...

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:57 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

^ Hell yeah, good job on that grip replacement. Those original grips are hideous on that gun!

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:08 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Got a box of cleaning goodies from Midway.

Trying out a couple new products
Kano Dryphite Graphite Gun Lube
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1014751593?pid=960498

KG-3 Gun Cleaner/Degreaser
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/101475251?pid=558855

Lucas CLP
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1017783948?pid=864238

Also restocked Lucas Gun Cleaner and Shooter's Choice Polymer Safe Quick Action Scrub which are some of my favorites.

Interested to see how some of these compare to my old standbys:
- Kano Dryphite vs Hornady One Shot
- KG-3 vs Lucas Gun Cleaner and BoreTech C4 Carbon Remover
- Lucas CLP vs BreakFree

Sorry guys I realize it's not all motor oil but that's just not my thing :bigsmile:

Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:09 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

After months of research and debate of going with a factory built bolt gun or having one built I decided on the Christensen Arms Ridgeline 6.5cm. Ordered one up and it will be here by July 5th. Also ordered a Xtreme Hardcore gear 20moa rail for it. Now looking at bipods. Already have a Leupold VX5HD 3-15x56 that I’ll be topping it with. Pretty excited for this one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:14 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Itchin4Fishin wrote:
After months of research and debate of going with a factory built bolt gun or having one built I decided on the Christensen Arms Ridgeline 6.5cm. Ordered one up and it will be here by July 5th. Also ordered a Xtreme Hardcore gear 20moa rail for it. Now looking at bipods. Already have a Leupold VX5HD 3-15x56 that I’ll be topping it with. Pretty excited for this one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No doubt that will be a remarkable rifle! Congrats!

Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:42 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

JACKPOT!

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:41 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ordered some ammo online. Plain old 9mm 124gr FMJ was a bit of $18 per box of 50 not too bad. Subsonic ammo still pretty spendy. Bought a couple boxes each as we're heading up to visit family in Kaufman County outside Dallas for the 4th. Passing on some of my pistol skills to my stepdaughter and her husband. Last trip I had them shoot my revo with half the charge holes loaded. Voila instantly able to see flinching when they dropped the hammer on empty chambers.

So working with them to train out their flinch response and smooth, steady trigger pull to maintain sight alignment through the whole pull.

Also cleaning a pile of guns today. For rimfire firearms and also centerfire revos consuming a steady diet of lead bullets I am shifting to use of BoreTech Rimfire Blend cleaning solution. Specially formulated to remove carbon residue, lead, and wax with good reviews online. Trying it out for the first time this weekend, so far with good results. In the past I've always relied on mechanical means for lead removal, mostly by wrapping a bronze brush in bronze wool to oversize the brush and jamming through the revo barrel. I've never given much credence to chemicals for lead removal so we'll see how this works out in the long run.

For centerfire pistols consuming a diet of FMJ rounds using BoreTech Eliminator or BoreTech C4 Carbon Remover along with their special purpose Copper Remover solution.

We'll see how it goes. I also use Wipe-Out products in the past, particularly on longer barreled single shot handguns for metallic silhouette.

Sat Jun 26, 2021 1:05 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pablo wrote:
billycee wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:
KeystoneCowboy wrote:
Pvanderzee wrote:
GeekWithGuns wrote:
Pvanderzee wrote:
Didn't do fuckall anything fun, but finally went and made an organized, serialized spreadsheet of guns and significant accessories (scopes, weaponlights, extra slides, barrels, etc). Next comes pictures and a conversation with my insurance agent.

Recently did that also. Made a spreadsheet list along with serial numbers and pictures. Have a copy at home and a copy on USB thumb drive in the safe deposit box. Great to have for any theft, fire, or other situation that requires replacement or any need to report guns to police as stolen.

We insure through Lockton Affinity available as an NRA benefit. They seem to be an insurance broker contracting with underwriting companies to provide coverage.

It was a bit startling to actually see it all on a list.
Like, I thought I knew what I had. I can see it when I open the safe, after all. But to see it all on paper is...different.
I think there's >$2k in just pistol magazines. Hard to insure those, but worth a shot at asking.
I'm sure you had a similar experience. Or not. Maybe I'm just that disorganized.

My wife set me up with an Excell sheet a while back. Always email myself a copy. Should keep a flash drive as well, good idea. I did not account for accessories other than those attached to the firearm though. Maybe I should.

My insurance included all accessories, including optics, lights/laser, holsters, and even ammo.

Do these policies also cover suppressors? Also for the guys with policies, are they a completely separate policy or is it a Rider that’s attached to your HO policy? Thanks, Bill

The policy covers SBR's. Probably suppressors too.

TOTALLY Separate. Eastern Insurance. https://www.easterninsurance.com/insurance-quotes/personal-insurance/historic-firearms

Thanks Pablo, much appreciate the link.

Bill

Sun Jun 27, 2021 12:17 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Stumbled across a old flyer that my dad had been given from stans gun shop in seattle way back.
Thought i would share it's from Golden state arms. Same importer who brought polytech Ak's in before they marked them as such.

Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:51 am

Holy cow. $75 Garands, $4 Luger mags. I see a picture of a SVT-40 mag but not a price.

Interesting to note that Luger mags were 5.6% the price of a Garand back then and that's about what they cost now, meaning they were never not expensive.

Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:41 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13165 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 774, 775, 776, 777, 778, 779, 780 ... 878  Next