Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:55 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 13165 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 773, 774, 775, 776, 777, 778, 779 ... 878  Next
 What did you do today in the world of firearms? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

^^^ One of the big issues with trading your only fishing boat for guns is that you lose all credibility for claiming the loss of your guns in a tragic boating accident :ROFLMAO:

Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:55 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

GeekWithGuns wrote:
^^^ One of the big issues with trading your only fishing boat for guns is that you lose all credibility for claiming the loss of your guns in a tragic boating accident :ROFLMAO:

Boat went down with guns. Total tradegy.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:05 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Didn't do fuckall anything fun, but finally went and made an organized, serialized spreadsheet of guns and significant accessories (scopes, weaponlights, extra slides, barrels, etc). Next comes pictures and a conversation with my insurance agent.

zombie66 wrote:
Mikey is a Bossy Bottom.....

Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:24 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pvanderzee wrote:
Didn't do fuckall anything fun, but finally went and made an organized, serialized spreadsheet of guns and significant accessories (scopes, weaponlights, extra slides, barrels, etc). Next comes pictures and a conversation with my insurance agent.

Recently did that also. Made a spreadsheet list along with serial numbers and pictures. Have a copy at home and a copy on USB thumb drive in the safe deposit box. Great to have for any theft, fire, or other situation that requires replacement or any need to report guns to police as stolen.

We insure through Lockton Affinity available as an NRA benefit. They seem to be an insurance broker contracting with underwriting companies to provide coverage.

Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:12 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

GeekWithGuns wrote:

You ain’t wrong man…. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:34 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I moved a few of my EBR’s to count loaded magazines, as suspected, I could use a few more!!! :bigsmile:

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:39 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

GeekWithGuns wrote:
Pvanderzee wrote:

Recently did that also. Made a spreadsheet list along with serial numbers and pictures. Have a copy at home and a copy on USB thumb drive in the safe deposit box. Great to have for any theft, fire, or other situation that requires replacement or any need to report guns to police as stolen.

We insure through Lockton Affinity available as an NRA benefit. They seem to be an insurance broker contracting with underwriting companies to provide coverage.

It was a bit startling to actually see it all on a list.
Like, I thought I knew what I had. I can see it when I open the safe, after all. But to see it all on paper is...different.
I think there's >$2k in just pistol magazines. Hard to insure those, but worth a shot at asking.
I'm sure you had a similar experience. Or not. Maybe I'm just that disorganized.

zombie66 wrote:

Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:56 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pvanderzee wrote:
GeekWithGuns wrote:
Pvanderzee wrote:

Like, I thought I knew what I had. I can see it when I open the safe, after all. But to see it all on paper is...different.
I think there's >$2k in just pistol magazines. Hard to insure those, but worth a shot at asking.
I'm sure you had a similar experience. Or not. Maybe I'm just that disorganized.

My wife set me up with an Excell sheet a while back. Always email myself a copy. Should keep a flash drive as well, good idea. I did not account for accessories other than those attached to the firearm though. Maybe I should.

Nemo Omen
JM Marlin 39M
Tikka T3 Tactical(.308)
BAR(.308)

Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:15 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

KeystoneCowboy wrote:
Pvanderzee wrote:
GeekWithGuns wrote:
Pvanderzee wrote:

My wife set me up with an Excell sheet a while back. Always email myself a copy. Should keep a flash drive as well, good idea. I did not account for accessories other than those attached to the firearm though. Maybe I should.

I didn't bother getting into VFG's/AFG's, rail covers, iron sights, etc. Just big-ish ticket items. Generally the serialized ones, like the optics and lights, and made a notes collumn if there's anything special about it, like "Bobro mount" or "extra barrel" etc.

zombie66 wrote:

Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:15 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

KeystoneCowboy wrote:
Pvanderzee wrote:
GeekWithGuns wrote:
Pvanderzee wrote:

My insurance included all accessories, including optics, lights/laser, holsters, and even ammo.

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:21 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:

My insurance included all accessories, including optics, lights/laser, holsters, and even ammo.

I also have reloading equipment in my Eastern policy

Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:19 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:
KeystoneCowboy wrote:
Pvanderzee wrote:
GeekWithGuns wrote:
Pvanderzee wrote:

Do these policies also cover suppressors? Also for the guys with policies, are they a completely separate policy or is it a Rider that’s attached to your HO policy? Thanks, Bill

Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:57 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

billycee wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:
KeystoneCowboy wrote:
Pvanderzee wrote:
GeekWithGuns wrote:
Pvanderzee wrote:

Do these policies also cover suppressors? Also for the guys with policies, are they a completely separate policy or is it a Rider that’s attached to your HO policy? Thanks, Bill

The policy covers SBR's. Probably suppressors too.

TOTALLY Separate. Eastern Insurance. https://www.easterninsurance.com/insurance-quotes/personal-insurance/historic-firearms

Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:06 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

^^^ Thank you for the link Pablo :thumbsup2: My Lockton Affinity policy is coming up for renewal so I'll take a look into this provider as well.

Wed Jun 23, 2021 5:40 am

What is the advantage of a separate policy vs. adding to your home policy, other than that then your HO insurance company doesn't know you're a gun guy?

Wed Jun 23, 2021 5:26 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13165 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 773, 774, 775, 776, 777, 778, 779 ... 878  Next