Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:38 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Are we still able to own and use crank handles? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Barfly wrote:
haha, both would be pointed the same direction. Think of opposed meaning top rail to top rail, magwells pointing opposite directions...with D60s in them. :thumbsup2:

Ah, that makes more sense. I'd still personally be nervous about the question of whether the trigger press was the movement of the crank, but at least it's a slightly more logical firearm... except, where would you put optics?
1811GNR wrote:
The reason the binary trigger manufacturers won't sell their triggers to Washington residents is because the state defines a machinegun as being able to fire 5 or more rounds per second, so, 300 rounds per minute, among the other usual definitions

Sent from my SM-T878U using Tapatalk

Close, but not quite. Binary triggers are illegal because Washington considers it a machinegun if it fires more than one round per press rather than more than one round per action of the trigger. And no one wants to go toe-to-toe with Bob Ferguson based on an argument that the second shot of a binary trigger is still a trigger press, just a press actuated by the trigger itself rather than a press of a finger.
shaggy wrote:
Wa state does have a unique description of a machine gun

"(19) "Machine gun" means any firearm known as a machine gun, mechanical rifle, submachine gun, or any other mechanism or instrument not requiring that the trigger be pressed for each shot and having a reservoir clip, disc, drum, belt, or other separable mechanical device for storing, carrying, or supplying ammunition which can be loaded into the firearm, mechanism, or instrument, and fired therefrom at the rate of five or more shots per second."

So if i read this right, as long as a gun fires 299 rounds a minute or less it isnt considered a MG by state definition?

I would stick with the five rounds per second. Which is almost any semiautomatic, making the only requirement that stops semis from being machineguns is the "trigger be pressed for each shot" language.
Funnily enough, if you used one of those California maglocks to permanently affix a magazine to a pre-1986 registered machinegun lower, it would arguably be legal based on the "separable" requirement.

Tue May 04, 2021 7:28 pm
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

You mean like this? This is the prototype. Have the blue prints. Don't know if there is enough interest to go into production. I will try to learn how to load a video it the operational check.

Attachment:
From old laptop 3989.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue May 04, 2021 8:34 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

thguns wrote:
You mean like this? This is the prototype. Have the blue prints. Don't know if there is enough interest to go into production. I will try to learn how to load a video it the operational check.

Attachment:
From old laptop 3989.jpg

Something along those lines. Cool. :thumbsup2:

Wed May 05, 2021 7:55 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product ... ?a=1104846

Sun May 09, 2021 6:06 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

snozzberries wrote:
https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/10-22-crank-operated-gatling-gun-kit-2-tone?a=1104846

Yes, that, but in .223 :bigsmile:

Mon May 10, 2021 1:35 pm
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2