Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:41 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 I had an actual AD today 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

martin248 wrote:
I hope you don't monkey with the Glock trying to fix it! Instead, investigate the reason why is discharged. I think you should perhaps call Glock CS and get them involved as well.

You should go back and read more carefully, it's not a factory Glock so it's not their problem,

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:59 pm

usrifle wrote:
martin248 wrote:
I hope you don't monkey with the Glock trying to fix it! Instead, investigate the reason why is discharged. I think you should perhaps call Glock CS and get them involved as well.

You should go back and read more carefully, it's not a factory Glock so it's not their problem,

I think it's still important to come to know how it failed. Since the OP could reproduce it safely with just brass--what went wrong?

Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:44 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

martin248 wrote:
usrifle wrote:
martin248 wrote:

I think it's still important to come to know how it failed. Since the OP could reproduce it safely with just brass--what went wrong?

It wasn't reproduced safely with brass....it still had a primer strike.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:23 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

usrifle wrote:
martin248 wrote:
usrifle wrote:
martin248 wrote:

I was able to reproduce the malfunction safety without a projectile lol

He who does not punish evil commands it to be done. --- Leonardo DaVinci

When its time to go in:
That place of steel and stone. I pray that you will keep me safe, so I will not walk alone. Help me to do my duty, please watch me on my rounds.
Amongst those perilous places and slamming steel door sounds. God, keep my fellow Officers well and free from harm. Let them know I'll be there too, whenever there's alarm.
Above all when I walk my beat, no matter where I roam. Let me go back whence I came, to family and home

Author unknown.

Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:25 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

mash man wrote:
usrifle wrote:
martin248 wrote:
usrifle wrote:
martin248 wrote:

I was able to reproduce the malfunction safety without a projectile lol

Exactly the point i was making. He just hasn't read enough of the thread to know what's going on.

I'm betting you have a striker protrusion problem. If you have the two fired pieces of Brass, do they have pin wipes on the primers?

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:28 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I do not have them anymore.

He who does not punish evil commands it to be done. --- Leonardo DaVinci

When its time to go in:
That place of steel and stone. I pray that you will keep me safe, so I will not walk alone. Help me to do my duty, please watch me on my rounds.
Amongst those perilous places and slamming steel door sounds. God, keep my fellow Officers well and free from harm. Let them know I'll be there too, whenever there's alarm.
Above all when I walk my beat, no matter where I roam. Let me go back whence I came, to family and home

Author unknown.

Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:31 pm

usrifle wrote:
martin248 wrote:

I understand he built it from parts.

My point stands.

It's useful to know how was why it failed.

Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:38 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

martin248 wrote:
usrifle wrote:
martin248 wrote:

My point stands.

That’s like asking Chevy to help find out why a wheel fell off a NASCAR car.

Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:21 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:
martin248 wrote:
usrifle wrote:
martin248 wrote:

My point stands.

That’s like asking Chevy to help find out why a wheel fell off a NASCAR car.

Indeed. When the malfunction occurred, the only part of this Frankenglock that was "Glock" was the frame. It isn't their responsibility, nor should it be. Shouldn't be too hard to figure out if you're mechanically inclined, especially if you have a complete Glock of the same type and generation to monkey with. There aren't many moving parts in that design.

zombie66 wrote:
Mikey is a Bossy Bottom.....

Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:29 pm

Fine, don't call them, but the way a Glock is designed there are multiple design failures that have to occur for this to happen. At the least, both the drop safety and the furingi pin safety had to fail in ways they shouldn't.

With out of spec parts you should get tap, rack, click, not tap bang.

I am curious to know how it was possible for the firing pin to protrude without the trigger being pulled. The striker shouldn't have even been in the channel.

Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:28 am
Reply to topic   [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4