Switch to full style
Post here if you are in need of a specific service, or have a job opening to advertise.
Post a reply

VP9 front sight removal

Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:25 pm

I need some help with the front sight removal of a VP9.

A XS big dot currently sits on it and I'm trying to replace it with a Dawson FO sight.

I tried, hammering it, pressing it out with a sight tool, with a vise, and even heated up with a heat gun. This thing won't budge. Looking for someone that might be able to take these off without damaging the slide.

Re: VP9 front sight removal

Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:50 pm

Let me do some quick research. I may be able to help you.

Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:32 am

Did you get the sight out yet? What type of sight tool are you using? I've had some difficult to remove front sights before but most have come out without too much effort using a "universal sight tool" I got on Amazon.

Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:49 am

FreedomFries wrote:Did you get the sight out yet? What type of sight tool are you using? I've had some difficult to remove front sights before but most have come out without too much effort using a "universal sight tool" I got on Amazon.

Welcome to WaGuns!

:wagwoot:

Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:07 am

Yep! I finally got it out. Nothing worked on it. I tried the sight tools, pressing it with it on a vise, big ol' hammering, put a heat gun to it for about 10 minutes to try and loosen the locktite. I finally gave up and cut it out with a dremel. Hope I don't have to change these sights for awhile.
Post a reply