Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:51 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Need Chimney Sleeve/ Fireplace repair 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Anyone here in the Fireplace Maintenance Industry? Or know of someone who is?

We need a Chimney Sleeve and a Fireplace Flue as well some other minor maintenance.

After a 400$ power bill over a 2 month billing cycle the wife and I decided maybe it is time to possibly use our fireplace for more than just a decorative wall.....

Thanks in advance

Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:42 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

https://m.yelp.com/biz/eds-chimney-serv ... ke-terrace

Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:42 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

https://www.a1chimneysweep.net/
These guys replaced our wood stove last year. All good.

NRA Range Safety Officer
NSSF Member
SAF Defender's Club - Life member
US Navy - 1976-1982

Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:49 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

None of that stuff is cheap.....you can look at a stainless liner.... $200 a month isn't horrible but between wood and liner costs and hassle its gonna be awhile to break even.

What kind of heat ya have now ? Electric? If its forced air may consider going from electric to gas as its a much more efficient conversion but again will take awhile for payback but you won't have the added expense and hassle as with wood

Did the stove install stuff for a couple years, call me

Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:49 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have a section of double wall and a cap I just removed from my house. Get me some dimensions and I can see if it will work. It’s practically new stuff.

"I'm Hub McCann. I've fought in two World Wars and countless smaller ones on three continents. I led thousands of men into battle with everything from horses and swords to artillery and TANKS! I've seen the headwaters of the Nile, and tribes of natives no white man had ever seen before. I've won and lost a dozen fortunes, KILLED MANY MEN! And loved only one woman, with a passion a FLEA like you could never begin to understand. That's who I am. NOW, GO HOME, BOY!"

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones". Albert Einstein 1947

Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:54 am

A fireplace over on the West side forget it with all the silly clean air fools running around. If you want to cut your electric heat bill and you do not have natural gas there really are two choices. Pellet stove or water source heat pump. My parents put in a water source heat pump about five years ago and wished they had done it fifteen years sooner instead of staying with oil heat. They had their oil tank pumped and we filled it with sand so the residual oil left in the tank aint going no where.

I have had 300 dollar electric bills here heating this trailer when my pellet stove was broken and I was waiting for a part. I go through a ton and a half each year usually.

Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:46 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

hartcreek wrote:
A fireplace over on the West side forget it with all the silly clean air fools running around. If you want to cut your electric heat bill and you do not have natural gas there really are two choices. Pellet stove or water source heat pump. My parents put in a water source heat pump about five years ago and wished they had done it fifteen years sooner instead of staying with oil heat. They had their oil tank pumped and we filled it with sand so the residual oil left in the tank aint going no where.

I have had 300 dollar electric bills here heating this trailer when my pellet stove was broken and I was waiting for a part. I go through a ton and a half each year usually.

I'll hit just about 2 tons on a 2400sqf house, only heat we use after I ditched the wood stove 10 years ago.

Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:45 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

those 90% efficiency woodstoves, which I think are the only legal option for a wood burning stove, run about $5-6K. What's a pellet stove cost?

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:21 pm

I will be picking up a 24k btu back up pellet stove since the cabin and my place use the same size for 1k. Just gonna store it in my loft so when something happens the family does not have to worry as the smaller ones are harder to find.

Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:54 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

hartcreek wrote:

I’m on the west side in a five year old house. My fireplace and non water source heat pump work great and meet clean air standards. Heat pump switches to a 93% efficient propane burner below 37 degrees outside. Have never seen a bill over 200. Those are three very good options not on your list. Never thought I was a fool for wanting clean air to breath.

"I'm Hub McCann. I've fought in two World Wars and countless smaller ones on three continents. I led thousands of men into battle with everything from horses and swords to artillery and TANKS! I've seen the headwaters of the Nile, and tribes of natives no white man had ever seen before. I've won and lost a dozen fortunes, KILLED MANY MEN! And loved only one woman, with a passion a FLEA like you could never begin to understand. That's who I am. NOW, GO HOME, BOY!"

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones". Albert Einstein 1947

Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:02 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]