Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:25 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 EEZOX Gun Care 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'm not ready to pass final judgment on this product yet; I need to give it more time. This is just to document my experience thus far.

I had some problems that prompted me to look for another CLP-type product to use on my guns, to replace Gunzilla. Those problems are discussed here:
PSA: Clean yer chit. But with what?.

I decided to give EEZOX (http://www.eezox.info) a try, as it generally receives good reviews. However, it doesn't seem to be very common, and is a bit of a mystery it seems.

I bought an 18-ounce aerosol can, and I've been using it for a few months now. The pros:

- It does a decent job of cleaning.
- It seems to lubricate fairly well.
- Based on tests that others have done, it's good at rust prevention.

The cons:

- The smell is a little funky. It smells a lot more than Gunzilla, but I don't think it's as bad as Breakfree CLP.
- The 18-ounce aerosol can doesn't come with a straw, and the spray tip won't accept a straw. Most of the time this is fine, but when you want to spray down a barrel that is covered by a flash hider, or when you want to spray into a chamber, you simply can't do it without making a giant mess.

Regarding that straw issue . . . I emailed EEZOX and asked them if there was a reason, if they had other containers that had a straw, etc. They emailed me back the next day and told me that the 3-ounce spray bottle comes with a straw, and they would be happy to send me a spray tip and straw for my 18-ounce can if I wanted. Um, yes please. icon_eek

So a few days later I received this:

At the same time, I ordered the 0.95-ounce "oiler" with the long needle tip, just to try that bottle type out:

I used both of them for some gun cleaning this morning, and both worked well. The aerosol can with straw is a bit "blasty" for small areas, and some unrelated items in the area caught some friendly fire. Right now I'm leaning towards the oiler as being the better method, as I can dribble some down a barrel, or wet the end of a Q-tip, or drizzle a little along the rails of a pistol slide.

I just ordered a 1-quart can. Right now my going-forward plan is to keep using the oiler, and refill it with the quart can. If all continues to go well, when the quart can is gone I'll buy a gallon can, refill the quart can with it, and refill the oiler with that. :bigsmile:

If you're interested in trying it, I think the best place to buy it is here, on eBay:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/EEZOX-Gun-Care ... 2734709998

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:45 pm

It's pretty good stuff. Unless someone has started carrying it relatively recently (or the Eezox rep had outdated info) there is only one dealer for it in WA. A custom shotgun builder someplace in E. WA who doesn't even really sell it. He just gives one of those small bottles to his customers when they buy one of his shotguns.

Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:49 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks Steve for the review. Always interested to learn about new products. I used to rely solely on BreakFree CLP for all my gun cleaning needs. Nice to see another CLP review. So many great gun cleaning products on the market nowadays.

Lucas also makes a CLP product now in both spray and liquid squeeze bottle though I have not tried it yet.

I've been gravitating towards separate products for cleaning and lubrication. I have a lot of products on the shelf though the ones I reach for regularly now are:
BoreTech C4 Carbon Remover (used with 3M synthetic steel wool for carbon removal on stainless revos)
M-Pro7 Bore Gel (fouling removal in bore after shooting lead bullets) or Sharp Shoot R Wipe Out (for copper fouling in bore)
Lucas Contact Cleaner (nice alternative to brake parts cleaner for blasting down actions)
Hornady One Shot Gun Cleaner & Dry Lube
Lucas Gun Oil

For those applications where a little more lubrication or grease is called for (i.e. pistol slides):
https://brianenos.com/pages/slide-glide

Lately I've been experimenting with the Lucas products. Their general gun oil is great. Looking to try their gun grease next. They also make an ultrasonic cleaning solvent available in large jugs. Their prices are pretty reasonable compared to some of the other synthetic products out there (i.e. M-Pro7, Slip 2000).

Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:46 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The #2 firearms dealer in Calif (Turner's being #1) was stocking this regularly until they got shut down. Great stuff, I get mine from eBay.

Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:05 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Unicorn wrote:
It's pretty good stuff. Unless someone has started carrying it relatively recently (or the Eezox rep had outdated info) there is only one dealer for it in WA. A custom shotgun builder someplace in E. WA who doesn't even really sell it. He just gives one of those small bottles to his customers when they buy one of his shotguns.

These "Find a Dealer" links are almost always useless. Best bet is to just "Google" what you are looking for and more likely than not you'll find it on e-bay or Amazon.

Even if a few $$ more expensive than expected it beats the crap out of wasting time and gas trying to find a retail outlet that stocks what you're looking for.

As for gun care products? There are about as many of them that claim to be the best of the best as there are RV/Marine/Auto maintenance products.

For spray cleaners it's hard to beat good old brake cleaners (just protect scopes, stocks, grips, etc). For spray lubes, CLP is tough to beat and is even widely used by the military.

For "Drip/Smear" lubes, motor oil or wheel bearing greases (synthetic personally preferred) do as good a job as any "magic product" and you usually have a supply of it in your garage if you do your own vehicle maintenance.

Outside of the military environment, there aren't a lot that put more rounds downrange than your's truly. It's almost been my sole occupation since I retired with an annual average in the tens of thousands of rounds (based on hand load components purchased) annually. Even when I slow down I average 100 rounds per week of bolt action rifle ammo and that alone amounts to a minimum of 5200 rounds per year (not counting pistol and AR ammo).

I quit buying the highly hyped stuff years ago although I will admit to trying small bottles from time to time just to see if anything has changed.

My cleaner of choice for copper is still Sweets 7.62 with regular cleaning done with Hoppe's #9 (brush, soak, brush, patch, patch, patch).

I apparently am not alone as I have yet to see all the hyped cleaners and lubes show up at the range among competitors or just old farts like me.

FWIW, there's often no difference in products that are sold as magic lubes and cleaners other than color (different dyes), odor, packaging, and labels.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother
" - William Shakespeare

Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:59 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I like the one I use. (not EEZOX)
You might not care for it but I like it.
For those that haven't tried it yet, I recommend it.
:wagwoot:

Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:02 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]