Shops, Gear, Ranges.. Let others know how your experience was.
Post a reply

Quality check of new and old chemlights

Wed Aug 30, 2023 11:06 am

Okay just got my order from Chip.

I also ordered the first round when he did this years ago. I still had a few left over and here is a quick overview.

I have a total of three.
2 are old - exp 2020 and one is new - exp 2028

One of the old ones was kept in my car - so exposed to all kinds of heat/cold for at least 18 months. The other one has been in my garage in a container in a cabinet. The new one I just picked up today.

Very similar. All come with string but the new one is attached and wrapped around.

I will plan on posting how they look after a few hours. All three were snapped in 3 places and shaken at least 10 times before picture.

These pictures are from right after I snapped all of them and got them quickly arranged.

I’d say overall all look very good and bright.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Quality check of new and old chemlights

Wed Aug 30, 2023 11:07 am

This is after about 2 min
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Aug 30, 2023 11:10 am

This is after 30 min

The right one is a bit dimmer.

Wed Aug 30, 2023 11:18 am

And for those interested in packaging.

New is about 1” longer (back). Old one is front.

Wed Aug 30, 2023 11:19 am

Before someone says I’m blind and I can’t measure.

Better picture of size.

Wed Aug 30, 2023 11:59 am

About an hour in… the far right (stored in car) has definitely degraded. Not bad but one can see it after an hour.

Wed Aug 30, 2023 1:50 pm

Cool test. The right one still looks pretty darned good for being three years expired, and stored in the car!

But I have a feeling that we have many more updates to go. :bigsmile:

Wed Aug 30, 2023 3:04 pm

Well, yes you do know a bit about me…

I’m actually quite impressed. Even stored in my car and being tossed around the far right one, even though, clearly dimming has performed surprisingly well.

Okay going on 4 hours.

Wed Aug 30, 2023 6:54 pm

Okay 8 hr mark.

Wed Aug 30, 2023 7:04 pm

Just for fun. Then this is after 8 hrs and I went ahead and shook them up about 10 times each to see if it would activate any more chemical reaction. This is 10 minutes after I shook them.

Seems it does make them brighter. Not by a huge amount but definitely noticeable.

Mon Oct 09, 2023 11:30 am

8 hours in a plain as day visible, can't complain about that at all.
Post a reply