Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:49 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 WaGuns Book Reviews 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The Gray Lady Winked

A compilation of most of NYT's more egregious lies. Some are rather startling. Did you know Poland actually did invade Germany to start WWII?

We here pretty much know the MSM is full of shit, but the filthy lies NYT has spread since WWII are shocking. BUT it's older history and was written without the Russian hoax, the granddad of them all. The Big Whopper.

That said it's firm footing with the other books I've read recently (Black Mail series, American Injustice, etc) related to all the shit the Democrats/Left/Greedy communists are pulling off.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B09 ... UTF8&psc=1

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Wed Feb 15, 2023 10:32 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Self Reliance in the 21st Century by Charles Hugh Smith.

How globalization has imperiled world economies by creating a vast and intricate system which depends on an assumed abundance of resources to function. The complexity and fragility of the mechanism creates a huge risk.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Sun Jul 16, 2023 1:54 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The book referenced above... :facepalm2:

Started out with a rather sober and somewhat accurate analysis of the state of the world. And devolved quickly into "We're all going to starve 'cuz that's what the powers that be are cooking up for us... may as well make the best of it and eat bugs like they want is too, and if we do it in little commie collectives so much the better.

A bunch of nothing in terms of real actions. All general instructions about going along to get along and be happy in your fifteen minute cities...

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

FJB

Tue Aug 01, 2023 10:06 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

In anticipation of HK's impending new book release, I thought to reread portions of the last to reacquaint myself with the story.

In locating the story in the digital library I discovered a notation on several books - including Mr. Konkoly's book - notifying that there is an update available.

What, HK, please, is up with all the updates? It is a source of dismay that continuity of plot has been upset in the previous narrative so that back filling the story is necessary. Does the update of your book, HK, materially affect the plot?

One of the reasons why the printed word in tangible form is superior to ephemeral digital copy is that the original work is preserved for comparison and future reference. Think how history itself might be rewritten once unhitched from the permanence of ink and paper.

FJB

Sat Sep 09, 2023 10:59 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I haven’t changed either manuscript in nearly 3 years. I have no control over what Kindle and Amazon choose to do with their software and delivery. This fall there will be some updates as I add some author notes and change copyright, but that’s it.

Sun Sep 10, 2023 4:19 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I've enjoyed hkcavalier's novel very well (the one I bought and read), and anticipate his other novels. I've just been kind of busy right now, but if we have another lockdown, I think I'll have more time to read it.

Sun Sep 10, 2023 5:45 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jackass wrote:
I've enjoyed hkcavalier's novel very well (the one I bought and read), and anticipate his other novels. I've just been kind of busy right now, but if we have another lockdown, I think I'll have more time to read it.

Mon Sep 11, 2023 12:42 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

There's a grass roots political movement in Shasta County CA that has seized the bull by its horns and is trying to wrest ownership of the County and municipal gov't from the DEI/Leftist/progressives with local activism. They call themselves the Red, White and Blueprint, with the blueprint on how to restore America.

For certain the movement has some "colorful" actors and maybe questionable characters, but to their credit they are making a good go at taking the reins.

They've come out with a book - a blueprint to enable readers to take action at the local level. TBH, I haven't ponied up for it, nor read it. As soon as I get my allowance...

https://www.rwabp.com/book.html?mibextid=Zxz2cZ

FJB

Wed Sep 13, 2023 8:42 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Over on the Survival Monkey forum there's a guy who posts beta versions of his novels. Currently reading "Conquistadors" about invaders from a parallel time line. Pretty cool.

Also dragged out a story from the SHTF genre called "October Fall." It's not Shakespeare and is formulaic, but I like to read others' ideas on what constitutes 'prepping' and threat assessment as a refresher. Especially since the Uniparty still seems intent on provoking Russia into unleashing the Satan ICBM, and driving the nation to ruin with corruption, money printing and a domestically sponsored foreign invasion.

FJB

Sun Oct 01, 2023 7:43 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

HKs books are great. Eagerly waiting the new one

Sat Oct 07, 2023 6:44 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

dennydp wrote:
HKs books are great. Eagerly waiting the new one

Waiting on editor. After that it should click into place pretty fast.

Sat Oct 07, 2023 7:34 pm
Reply to topic   [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8