Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:12 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 171 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next
 Priority One Firearms (Edmonds) 
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Keep in mind that Edmonds is in Snohomish county

Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:11 am

Lots of helpful stuff here, thanks a lot!

Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:11 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Speaking as someone who files liens... IANAL.

I don't believe you have a valid lien to file. Mechanic's liens are available to people who have done work on, or provided material to, permanently improve a property.

https://www.zlien.com/mechanics-lien/wa ... -law-faqs/

Small claims court may be your only option outside of finding contact information for this guy.

Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:18 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Unfortunately, Fury is correct.

A Mechanic's and Materialmen's lien can only be filed against property where work or materials were applied, hence the name.

http://app.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=60.04.011

http://app.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=60.04

I think dirty play is one possible way to go here. If you can leave a message, I would leave a message asking if he would like to keep things simple and give you your stuff, or should you go ahead and notify the FBI & ATF that he is hoarding and stockpiling suppressors, and you are concerned with what he might do with them.

Another option is to go higher up in the ATF with your inquiry, asking if, in today's climate, the answer you received is really the best way to proceed.

Long distance small claims court can be a pain, and you may lose money. Perhaps advertise, somehow, and see if there are enough others for a bigger lawsuit....or maybe get the local paper up there involved.

You could 'Get Jessie', or Connie Thompson, but somehow I think they'll make you or gun owners look bad.

Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:39 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This guy had a great reputation from what I have read. And definitely sounds like he was handed a big pile of stress with his marriage and eventually closing of his business. I think its weird that no one seems to be able to get ahold of him... By that I mean, over the years I have become friends with business owners who I frequent. Someone has to know how to find this guy. He even put out that early memo (on here or FB, now closed page) that he would make sure people got their items. When you close your FFL, you are required to send in all your papers, surely the ATF would need to take responsibility... but that NFA later is pretty damming that Robert got. Robert, have you CALLED the Seattle ATF field office? When I had my problem, it was resolved within a day after calling the local office, they were very helpful with me. I had all my ducks in a row (receipts, emails, texts, etc).

Damn, this stresses me out just knowing someone else is dealing with it.

Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:52 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Looks like they still had filings in their divorce proceedings as of Nov 2017.

Perhaps you can contact his attorney in the case.

Go here, click on the 'Search' button, and type in "Specht, Samuel"; follow the prompts.

https://odysseyportal.courts.wa.gov/odyportal

Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:57 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Just report it as a missing bump stock; that will get you a response, no doubt.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:03 pm

I have called the local branch (Seattle office) who transferred me to the Yakima office. The woman who answered was very friendly but ultimately not very helpful. She told me about the tax law and some other similar aspects but nothing like what actually happens to my item. Surely if it was turned into an ATF agent it could be tracked down by serial #. So far the biggest helps have been the advice from this board and Silencershop.com. They are attempting to get in contact with him as well. I was incredibly disappointed in my email response from the NFA people.

I will call his divorce attorney when I get out of work today on the off chance she still has contact with him or can get a hold of him.

Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:11 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Yelm wrote:
I have called the local branch (Seattle office) who transferred me to the Yakima office. The woman who answered was very friendly but ultimately not very helpful. She told me about the tax law and some other similar aspects but nothing like what actually happens to my item. Surely if it was turned into an ATF agent it could be tracked down by serial #. So far the biggest helps have been the advice from this board and Silencershop.com. They are attempting to get in contact with him as well. I was incredibly disappointed in my email response from the NFA people.

I will call his divorce attorney when I get out of work today on the off chance she still has contact with him or can get a hold of him.

Man, this really sucks. I can't imagine how frustrated you must be after the long wait for approval and now this. Good luck, stay vigilant and I really hope this all works out for you as simply as possible (all things considered).

Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:25 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
Just report it as a missing bump stock; that will get you a response, no doubt.

:ROFLMAO: :rofl9:

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:32 pm
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

If the ATF or local LEOs get involved I (Olympic Cerakote) would be happy to help with completing transfers or absolutely anything you guys need to make this right.

We're a Silencer Shop Powered by dealer and everything. If the guy is willing to transfer or the ATF yanks them, we can definitely make the process quick and easy.

P: (360) 972-2955

Certified Cerakote Applicator
Custom Firearm builds
Firearm Sales/Special Orders
Ammo/parts Sales

Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:44 pm

Mike_P wrote:
If the ATF or local LEOs get involved I (Olympic Cerakote) would be happy to help with completing transfers or absolutely anything you guys need to make this right.

We're a Silencer Shop Powered by dealer and everything. If the guy is willing to transfer or the ATF yanks them, we can definitely make the process quick and easy.

Thanks a lot! Where are you located in the event I need your services?

Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:27 pm

Yelm wrote:
Mike_P wrote:

Thanks a lot! Where are you located in the event I need your services?

We're in Lacey. Off Exit 114 from the 5.

P: (360) 972-2955

Certified Cerakote Applicator
Custom Firearm builds
Firearm Sales/Special Orders
Ammo/parts Sales

Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:44 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

NWGunner wrote:
Unfortunately, Fury is correct.

A Mechanic's and Materialmen's lien can only be filed against property where work or materials were applied, hence the name.

http://app.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=60.04.011

http://app.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=60.04

I think dirty play is one possible way to go here. If you can leave a message, I would leave a message asking if he would like to keep things simple and give you your stuff, or should you go ahead and notify the FBI & ATF that he is hoarding and stockpiling suppressors, and you are concerned with what he might do with them.

Another option is to go higher up in the ATF with your inquiry, asking if, in today's climate, the answer you received is really the best way to proceed.

Long distance small claims court can be a pain, and you may lose money. Perhaps advertise, somehow, and see if there are enough others for a bigger lawsuit....or maybe get the local paper up there involved.

You could 'Get Jessie', or Connie Thompson, but somehow I think they'll make you or gun owners look bad.

How can an HOA put a lien on a house for fines and/or failing to pay dues?

Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:52 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Typically speaking there is a covenant (contract) that you are forced to sign in order to buy a house in an HOA.

That may give them an interest and allow them to file a valid lien - but not a mechanic's lien.

Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 171 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next