Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:30 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 WGS Welchers Gun Shop 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

man, trying to find one last M4E1 lower in stock somewhere close to Olympia and I call WGS. The guy tells me that the do have 1 left, but they want $159.99 for it. WTF! I think this counts as gouging. Fuck that shit.

Last time I call them for anything!

Just figured I'd share.

Tue Apr 11, 2023 11:06 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I stopped shopping there over the transfer fees they were charging.

Tue Apr 11, 2023 11:10 am
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

Oh c’mon. It’s only 28% markup over Aero’s published price, supply/demand, convenience.

BLACK HAMMER ARMS
07/02 NFA Dealer

http://www.blackhammerarms.com
http://www.facebook.com/blackhammerarms
https://www.instagram.com/blackhammerarms

1911 Pistolsmithing
Firearm Refinishing
GLOCK Certified Armorer
CMMG Authorized Dealer
NEMO Arms Authorized Dealer
http://www.blackhammerarms.com
http://www.facebook.com/blackhammerarms
https://www.instagram.com/blackhammerarms/

Tue Apr 11, 2023 1:48 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

In many brick-and-mortar shops, a massive mark-up like that is SOP. And, as Dana alluded to, the current market conditions in WA are bound to lead to more profit-taking. The question to ask yourself is this: will holding out for a $120 sticker price cause you to miss the boat, and if so, will you regret not having spent the $40 for the convenience? Only you can answer that.

Tue Apr 11, 2023 2:10 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Barfly wrote:
man, trying to find one last M4E1 lower in stock somewhere close to Olympia and I call WGS. The guy tells me that the do have 1 left, but they want $159.99 for it. WTF! I think this counts as gouging. Fuck that shit.

Last time I call them for anything!

Just figured I'd share.
Normally I'd agree. But in this situation, they're basically going to lose their entire business if there's not an injunction quickly. It's not reasonable to demand razer margins from a business that's about to get shut down by the state.

Tue Apr 11, 2023 5:13 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I just rolled the dice and ordered another *blem direct from Aero. $87 shipped.

I get the current situation, but we can't let the left's attack on us force us to feed on each other. I don't mind paying a little extra to support brick and mortar, but I have been in there in the past and the prices were high. Met a member there a while back to sell them something and the transfer fee was too high as well.
I didn't absolutely need another lower, just wanted one so I didn't need to get my existing one blasted and cerakoted. LGS offered to order me an M4E1 for $129... I was just calling around, trying to find another in stock somewhere and encountered their price on the lower, which was $30 more.

Oh well, maybe I'm just being a tight ass, your mileage may vary. :thumbsup2:

Wed Apr 12, 2023 7:05 am

It was gone today, they only had 308 lowers left.

Wed Apr 12, 2023 9:06 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have a hard time trusting a shop that can't figure out basic English. WGS stands for Welchers Gun Shop, the sign says WGS Guns. So the name of your business is "Welchers Gun Shop Guns"? WTF?

"I'm Hub McCann. I've fought in two World Wars and countless smaller ones on three continents. I led thousands of men into battle with everything from horses and swords to artillery and TANKS! I've seen the headwaters of the Nile, and tribes of natives no white man had ever seen before. I've won and lost a dozen fortunes, KILLED MANY MEN! And loved only one woman, with a passion a FLEA like you could never begin to understand. That's who I am. NOW, GO HOME, BOY!"

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones". Albert Einstein 1947

Wed Apr 12, 2023 10:10 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

mcyclonegt wrote:
I have a hard time trusting a shop that can't figure out basic English. WGS stands for Welchers Gun Shop, the sign says WGS Guns. So the name of your business is "Welchers Gun Shop Guns"? WTF?

It’s not a part of their name. It’s basic storefront signage. Same thing with liquor stores that have “beer - wine - spirits”. Along a canopy. It’s not a part of their business name.

Thu Apr 13, 2023 4:57 am
Profile WWW

Massivedesign wrote:
mcyclonegt wrote:

It’s not a part of their name. It’s basic storefront signage. Same thing with liquor stores that have “beer - wine - spirits”. Along a canopy. It’s not a part of their business name.

It's part of their website and listed on their FFL.

https://www.wgsguns.com/

Thu Apr 13, 2023 7:20 am
Profile WWW

Well....that kind of thing is bound to happen right about now.

I always liked Welchers. Shopped there for years, stopped in regularly for Montana Gold bullets and other things, when they were at 64th & Pacific. Always treated me well. Even bought a gun there once.

But, what I've noticed over the last 3-4 years in general (yes, this started in the Before Times), is that brick & mortar stores either NEVER have what I'm looking for, or they have it and it's WAY overpriced.

I hated that, because supporting local is great, but damn if they just can't compete with online.

I also didn't like how they kowtowed during the Wuhan virus scamdemic. Pulled up once, saw "maximum occupancy" sign, two guys waiting by it, said "fuck all o' y'all" and drove away...

I think WGS had changed alot from the old Parkland days...trying to be like a big "gucci" outfit, and prices seemed to go up accordingly.

Best of luck to them in this brave new world.

Thu Apr 13, 2023 8:26 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

wsu 5.9er wrote:
Massivedesign wrote:
mcyclonegt wrote:

It's part of their website and listed on their FFL.

https://www.wgsguns.com/

Well then.. I stand corrected, that is stupid :ROFLMAO:

Thu Apr 13, 2023 3:10 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welchers . com was probably too expensive, and I doubt wgs was even available.

Thu Apr 13, 2023 4:08 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Barfly wrote:
WTF! I think this counts as gouging. Fuck that shit.
Just figured I'd share.

Don't you like to make a couple extra bucks when you resell something? :popcorn:

Thu Apr 13, 2023 11:06 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Old Growth wrote:
Barfly wrote:
WTF! I think this counts as gouging. Fuck that shit.
Just figured I'd share.

Don't you like to make a couple extra bucks when you resell something? :popcorn:

I have zero issue with them making money. My point is that it was significantly higher than what other shops in the area sell them for.
I'm all for capitalism. I'm also all about taking my dollars elsewhere if I feel the pricing model is out of line.

Mon Apr 24, 2023 8:31 am
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next