Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 EDC Knife: Out With the Old, In With the New 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

NWGunner wrote:
Cool knife! :thumbsup2:

Nice of him to offer one up to the Forum! :cheers2:

We're working on the details, just got approval to laser engrave the logo. Not sure what knife he will pick? Will also be doing a giveaway on 1911addicts..so if your a member there you can have a second chance to win.

Mon Feb 13, 2023 6:30 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

spaghetti monster wrote:
dav2no1 wrote:
spaghetti monster wrote:
Where are these made? Seems odd that they don't put it anywhere on the knife or literature, especially since the fox knife says that it was made in Puyallup. $200 for a 154CM knife seems a little expensive, ridiculously priced if its not MiUSA.

If you looked closely..the first post shows the specs from the catalog and clearly says "USA Made" and in my post I point out this is made in the USA knife. Yes his factory is in South Hill Puyallup on Meridian. No that's not expensive..that Benchmade I retire cost $180 in 1999! He has different price tiers..he has some with parts made from China, Taiwan and The USA. I will ask, but I believe the imports are still assembled and sharpened here.

They seem like interesting knives and if they are fully made in the US $200 isn't crazy.. I would prefer a little more exotic steel options though for the price range like s30v at a minimum. I can get a number of Benchamdes or Spydercos made in the USA for less.

I am curious how made in USA these are. Does everything take place in the US? Or do they CNC the knife in Taiwan ship it to the US and do all the assembling and finishing here? It just seems odd that they only have one spot that says "USA Made" but no where else do the mention where they make them. Other than the literature in the pic that says they manufacture in the USA, Italy, Taiwan and China. Every USA made knife I've seen proudly puts it on their website, boxes, stamped on the blades and on all the literature that comes with it. Even his knife he made at Fox knives has it stamped on the blade that its made in Puyallup, why change it for this company? Seems a little sketchy is all

So here's your answer..YES, completely manufactured in the U.S. ..not sure about the plastic box, but the knife is.

Also I was looking at his catalog last night and every knife tells you "USA Made", Sharpened here, assembled here, etc. Tells you where they're are made and if parts are assembled, sharpened finished here..very clear in the catalog.

As to WHY they are not marked USA. This is Mike's response to that question:

"We don't engrave country of origin on any of our knives, we simply engrave humanmade on all of them. We put a certificate in the box with the knife, telling where the knives are made along with a picture of the people who made them whether it is USA, Taiwan, or China."

So as you see in my post, the info pamphlet says "in Washington state" and shows the team at the US plant.

Hope that answers your concerns?

Tue Feb 14, 2023 6:42 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

:flag:
I love the drop point shape (that's correct, yeah?)
Looks heavy and assaulty. And it would be illegal? in a number of cities. Would like to see it in a smaller version.

Didn't see the Olympian on the website?

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Wed Feb 15, 2023 7:09 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:
Looks heavy and assaulty. And it would be illegal? in a number of cities. Would like to see it in a smaller version.

Someone else asked the same question. Mike said they just came back in stock and will be back up this week possibly.

Wed Feb 15, 2023 10:24 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:

To answer your other questions and to clarify for others..here's some simple things to know in Washington state.

In Washington, there is no statewide preemption of knife laws, which means that localities are free to enact their own ordinances and regulations regarding knives. This can make it difficult to know what the law is in each specific area.

RCW (9.41.270) says it's unlawful for anyone to carry any firearm, dagger, sword, or any other weapon that can cause bodily harm with the intent to intimidate others or threatens their safety. In other words, the length of the knife is irrelevant. If you have the intent to cause harm, it's illegal.

To clarify, it is legal to carry a knife that's longer than four inches. It becomes illegal though to carry any knife or weapon when the intent is to intimidate or cause bodily harm.

Is There A Knife “Length” Limit In Washington?

There is no statewide limit on the length of knives that can be carried in Washington. However, some localities may have ordinances that regulate knife length. For example, the city of Seattle prohibits any person from carrying a knife with a blade longer than three and a half inches.

*** In the case of the Olympian, if you were to measure the blade from the highest point of the scale to the tip of the blade...it's whithin 1/8 iinch of 3 1/2"...could easily be argued...never had a policeman measure my knife. And are they are even aware of that law...that is questionable also..***

Restrictions on Carry in Specific Locations/Circumstances:

It is unlawful for a person to carry or possess knives on public or private elementary or secondary school premises, school-provided transportation, or areas of facilities while being used exclusively by public or private schools. There is an exception for private military schools. Other places where knives are prohibited include law enforcement facilities, jails, correction facilities, court facilities, and any portion of an establishment classified by the state liquor and cannabis board as off-limits to persons under twenty-one years of age.

Can You Carry A Knife In A Bar In Washington?

Yes, you can carry a knife in a bar so long as the blade is not concealed. However, some bars may have their own policies that prohibit weapons, so it is always best to check with the establishment before carrying a knife.

Concealed Knife Carry Laws In Washington

It is illegal to carry a concealed knife in Washington state. This means that the blade must not be completely hidden from view or detectable by ordinary observation. The only exception to this law is if you are carrying the knife for use in a lawful occupation, trade, or profession. If you are caught carrying a concealed knife, you may be charged with a misdemeanor

What Kinds Of Knives Are Illegal In Washington?

In Washington, it is illegal to own or carry a switchblade or other spring blade knife. This includes knives that open automatically by gravity or centrifugal force. It is also illegal to own or carry a balisong knife, also known as a butterfly knife. Balisongs are knives with two handles that counter-rotate around the blade, allowing them to be opened and closed quickly.

Can I Open Carry A Sword In Washington?

Yes, you can open carry a sword in Washington state so long as the blade is not concealed. However, some localities may have ordinances that regulate knife length. For example, the city of Seattle prohibits any person from carrying a knife with a blade longer than three and a half inches which, according to my estimation, is a pretty short sword! Maybe a keychain variety?

Wed Feb 15, 2023 6:12 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

dav2no1 wrote:
jukk0u wrote:

To answer your other questions and to clarify for others..here's some simple things to know in Washington state.

In Washington, there is no statewide preemption of knife laws, which means that localities are free to enact their own ordinances and regulations regarding knives. This can make it difficult to know what the law is in each specific area.

RCW (9.41.270) says it's unlawful for anyone to carry any firearm, dagger, sword, or any other weapon that can cause bodily harm with the intent to intimidate others or threatens their safety. In other words, the length of the knife is irrelevant. If you have the intent to cause harm, it's illegal.

To clarify, it is legal to carry a knife that's longer than four inches. It becomes illegal though to carry any knife or weapon when the intent is to intimidate or cause bodily harm.

Is There A Knife “Length” Limit In Washington?

There is no statewide limit on the length of knives that can be carried in Washington. However, some localities may have ordinances that regulate knife length. For example, the city of Seattle prohibits any person from carrying a knife with a blade longer than three and a half inches.

*** In the case of the Olympian, if you were to measure the blade from the highest point of the scale to the tip of the blade...it's whithin 1/8 iinch of 3 1/2"...could easily be argued...never had a policeman measure my knife. And are they are even aware of that law...that is questionable also..***

Restrictions on Carry in Specific Locations/Circumstances:

It is unlawful for a person to carry or possess knives on public or private elementary or secondary school premises, school-provided transportation, or areas of facilities while being used exclusively by public or private schools. There is an exception for private military schools. Other places where knives are prohibited include law enforcement facilities, jails, correction facilities, court facilities, and any portion of an establishment classified by the state liquor and cannabis board as off-limits to persons under twenty-one years of age.

Can You Carry A Knife In A Bar In Washington?

Yes, you can carry a knife in a bar so long as the blade is not concealed. However, some bars may have their own policies that prohibit weapons, so it is always best to check with the establishment before carrying a knife.

Concealed Knife Carry Laws In Washington

It is illegal to carry a concealed knife in Washington state. This means that the blade must not be completely hidden from view or detectable by ordinary observation. The only exception to this law is if you are carrying the knife for use in a lawful occupation, trade, or profession. If you are caught carrying a concealed knife, you may be charged with a misdemeanor

What Kinds Of Knives Are Illegal In Washington?

In Washington, it is illegal to own or carry a switchblade or other spring blade knife. This includes knives that open automatically by gravity or centrifugal force. It is also illegal to own or carry a balisong knife, also known as a butterfly knife. Balisongs are knives with two handles that counter-rotate around the blade, allowing them to be opened and closed quickly.

Can I Open Carry A Sword In Washington?

Yes, you can open carry a sword in Washington state so long as the blade is not concealed. However, some localities may have ordinances that regulate knife length. For example, the city of Seattle prohibits any person from carrying a knife with a blade longer than three and a half inches which, according to my estimation, is a pretty short sword! Maybe a keychain variety?

https://knifeade.com/washington-knife-law/

Wed Feb 15, 2023 6:18 pm
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2