Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:13 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Model Garage in Fall City 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Late last year I had two panic stops behind the same car within the space of maybe 15 minutes on 203 N. The first time I felt the pedal in the Mercedes go a bit soft. The lady in front of me decided it more important that the people standing on the side of the road should be able to walk in front of her than the cars behind her going 50+ MPH (there was no crosswalk and it was in the twilight-y area between Preston & Fall City so you're driving in and out of sunlight constantly, making visibility a bit iffy). Come around a bend, and there she is stopped in the middle of the road, brakes fade, pump them up, get stopped, brake warning light comes on. OK, lesson learned, stay well back from her. 10 minutes or so later in between Carnation & Fall City, she does it again, except this time we're doing closer to 60 and I'm holding behind her by 5+ seconds or so. Randomly stops in the middle of 203 to allow people to cross, again, no crosswalk or any reason to expect a car to stop on a highway. Except this time I've got a compromised brake system (and should have been even further back, but I wasn't) and the pedal heads for the floor. Pumping frantically, I finally came to a stop maybe 5-6 feet from her bumper and there were a lot of wide eyes in the group of people walking across.

Tried to take the car to my local garage that's been looking after my cars & truck for years. Get told they're no longer working on European cars. WTF? So, I talk to a friend of mine, he recommends Model Garage in Fall City. It's a bit of a hike from Duvall, but they can get the work done fairly soon. Pick up the car, no problems, drives for months with no problems until last week. Rita's pulling into a friend's house and the pedal heads for the floor again, and the brake warning light comes on. I drive over to the friend's house with ramps, DOT 3, and tools so I can look for leaking bleeding nipples or blown lines, etc. I find nothing, fluid levels are spot on, drive the car around and no mushy pedal, nothing, seems OK.

We get the car home, and I call Model Garage. I bring the car in the next morning, one of their mechanics takes a look and can't find anything wrong other than the warning light is on. I'm expecting a run around because it's been months and months since they did the work. Nope. The owner says brakes are nothing to trifle with, and the only way the brake warning light can come on is if fluid blew past the seals in the master cylinder. Warranty repair, no questions asked, no push back, no nothing, just fixed it at no cost. Rita's Mercedes is back on the road with safe brakes again.

If you're in the Fall City area and looking for a mechanic, I can highly recommend Model Garage.

Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:35 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Do they work on all models?

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:50 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pablo wrote:
Do they work on all models?

Judging by the variety of vehicles in their lot, pretty much.

Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:11 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I want to do a HD Clutch install on my Tacoma. Thanks!

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:20 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pablo wrote:
I want to do a HD Clutch install on my Tacoma. Thanks!

Give them a call, I saw everything from MG BGTs & Spitfires (one of each, gorgeous little things) to F-250 diesels, lots of SUVs, I know they've worked on my friend's Nissan truck, VW Passat (diesel), and their BMW. Pretty good chance they can do the work on your Tacoma.

Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:25 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]