Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:20 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Uber BLOWS 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wow! What an atrocious "technology" company. I'd never used it before today and today I tried it for the first time. I can't even figure out how to order a ride. First problem, is that the app is not intuitive. I cannot even figure out how to download it to my phone. I tried repeatedly on phone and desktop computer. Second issue, I signed up with a small promotion credit. I tried scheduling a ride, and nowhere does it show a credit or apply it automatically or even offer a manual way to apply the promo credit. Third issue, it boots you off and you have to re-log in and re-do the pickup and drop off locations. I probably entered these 10 times. Forth problem, after doing all this and entering credit card info, there is an "unknown error" that is not helpful and no suggestions on what the problem is. I tried re-entering route, changing times, re-entering CC info. NOTHING works. Sixth problem, the help area is too vague and you can spend a day trying to figure it out. Seventh problem, there's absolutely no easily located customer service help, no phone number, no email, nothing. No way I could easily find to contact anyone at Uber for a resolution.

So I haven't even taken a ride, and spent 2 darn hours trying to order one. I could have ridden my bike to the location by now... HTF do they stay in business??

Thu May 07, 2020 1:19 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Never had an issue with Uber or Lyft. Use them whenever I travel. I find the app fairly intuitive and easy to navigate.

Thu May 07, 2020 1:23 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The app never worked for me either.

Thu May 07, 2020 1:24 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well, I'm looking at the official Uber app link on my phone. Where is the link to download the ap for starters? I see no download button anywhere.

More importantly, it has my CC, my address, the drop off address, times, and I can see there are cars in the area. So why can't I order one or be informed of whatever the issue is?

Give me a phone number and a taxi cab. Uber is far too complex to get a darn ride somewhere.

Thu May 07, 2020 1:25 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I use Uber/Lyft pretty much every time I travel anywhere outside of the state or plan on going out for dinner/drinks. Never had any issues outside of a few stinky ass drivers.

Sounds like operator error boomer. :rofl9:

Thu May 07, 2020 1:30 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

L_O_G wrote:
I use Uber/Lyft pretty much every time I travel anywhere outside of the state or plan on going out for dinner/drinks. Never had any issues outside of a few stinky ass drivers.

Sounds like operator error.

It probably is operator error. But there should be easily solutions to fix such a thing. Such as, tell me WTF error is happening?! Just a thought for Uber. A note saying there's an error does no good.

I listed multiple issues and most importantly no immediate support. Now, see, that's a problem when a person needing a ride has probably an urgent support issue...

Thu May 07, 2020 1:33 pm
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

I have Platinum status with Uber. It’s not hard to use. Either you’ve got poor location services on your phone or you’ve got some bootleg app.

Where did you get the app from?

1911 Pistolsmithing
Firearm Refinishing
GLOCK Certified Armorer
CMMG Authorized Dealer
NEMO Arms Authorized Dealer
http://www.blackhammerarms.com
http://www.facebook.com/blackhammerarms
https://www.instagram.com/blackhammerarms/

Thu May 07, 2020 1:37 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin
Site Admin

Did you turn it off and back on again? Try deleting the app and downloading again? Outdated phone?

As i said, it’s worked flawless for me for years (for the most part).

Thu May 07, 2020 1:37 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Uninstall and reinstall the app. Sometimes not everything is Downloaded in full.

Thu May 07, 2020 1:38 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

dreadi wrote:
I have Platinum status with Uber. It’s not hard to use. Either you’ve got poor location services on your phone or you’ve got some bootleg app.

Where did you get the app from?

Uber.com

I have disabled location on phone, maybe that's the issue....

Thu May 07, 2020 1:38 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

HOW do you download the bloody ap? There is no button, no link, nothing.

I can sign in, but there is nowhere to download it...

Maybe I'm misunderstanding the term 'ap' but is it not an ap on the phone like millions of other aps?

Thu May 07, 2020 1:41 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Bah Humbug.

I’ve found black car services to be a better experience.

Thu May 07, 2020 1:42 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Go your phones App Store. Search UBER. Download UBER app. Follow simple registration instructions. Ride!

Also, trying to do anything mission critical like this, should be done in advance.

Thu May 07, 2020 1:44 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If you disable the location, they do not know where to pick you up

Thu May 07, 2020 1:45 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I never had a problem with with accept payment method. I receive a monthly credit from my credit card. However, you have to make sure that the payment method is set to cash - which for some reason the app doesn't want to do it without a bunch of hoops. If you need to split payment between the credit and the card, it just gets more problematic.

Thu May 07, 2020 1:47 pm
Reply to topic   [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next