Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:55 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 South Sound Guns, Thumbs Down STAY AWAY 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Alpine wrote:
Isn't 8 months longer than post 41-p wait times? That's messed up. They should offer a full refund or depending on legality a 100% credit toward merchandise.

I asked what he could offer as compensation for the 9+ lost months (factoring in the changed wait items) and personal aggravation. Nothing was offered but Mike assured me that he contacted the ATF on my behalf to try to speed things along. Whatever that's worth... A owning up of irresponsibility is really all I wanted or cared about. But certainly they could have done something material-good related to try to lessen the blow. I personally drove 45 min each way just to see them down there. I have transferred guns sold here on waguns through them. I have done internet orders through them. I gave them word of mouth, even publicly endorsed them as my preferred FFL on my signature line here. I gave the counter staff lunch money tips back when they charged $0 for transfers... It's really too bad.

Losing multiple (other people's papers were also lost) NFA papers for 9 months is simply unacceptable. That is vaguely in-line with when the owner of bullseye "forgot" about the unregistered Bushmaster rifle that the DC sniper used coming from his shop back in like 2002. Accountability with firearms is everything... How Mike hasn't been investigated for criminal charges stemming from the shop, I'm not sure...Unfortunately (for them), once I take possession of my suppressor I won't be back.

Things I’ll take in trade: KAC Micro rear sight, KAC M5/M4 RAS, Glock 29 Gen3/4, 17C Gen4, Glock 31C Gen4 slide, Glock 20/29/19/17/22/23/21 mags, TC Encore parts

Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:11 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It’s not really losing paperwork, when they use silencershop to process the paperwork for your suppressors all they do is go to the silencershop website, enter your email and serial number for the can and silencershop does the rest. I think it’s either they forgot to enter the info or sold the can to someone else and forgot to order a new one and tie it to your email.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:11 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have never dealt with any NFA stuff, but there are many many happy NFA customers with SSG. There are a fucking shitload of cans there waiting on stamps. Even if a few folks orders got messed up (which sucks) that is still only a tiny percentage of total transactions. He has the lowest prices on guns, parts, transfers and cerakote for many, many miles in every direction and I will still keep shopping there. I know he wouldn't purposely fuck somebody over. Everybody makes mistakes now and then and he's never been anything but straight up with me.

Wed May 06, 2020 10:54 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Barfly wrote:
I have never dealt with any NFA stuff, but there are many many happy NFA customers with SSG. There are a fucking shitload of cans there waiting on stamps. Even if a few folks orders got messed up (which sucks) that is still only a tiny percentage of total transactions. He has the lowest prices on guns, parts, transfers and cerakote for many, many miles in every direction and I will still keep shopping there. I know he wouldn't purposely fuck somebody over. Everybody makes mistakes now and then and he's never been anything but straight up with me.

I can understand a mistake “every now and then”, but SSG seems to make many more mistakes than the average gun store. It’s what happens when gun guys open a business and discover they are not business guys.

Thu May 07, 2020 7:47 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Arisaka wrote:
Barfly wrote:

I can understand a mistake “every now and then”, but SSG seems to make many more mistakes than the average gun store. It’s what happens when gun guys open a business and discover they are not business guys.

That, and he dodges customers, doesn’t return phone calls, and then has a blame-game, dog-ate-my-homework story when confronted publicly.

The same rep he had as Olympic Cerakote.

Unless, like I mentioned before, you’re a friend, then you’re good to go...

Thu May 07, 2020 1:14 pm

~
I have done a BUNCH of (when they were free) transfers and the staff were great IMO

I don't have one bad thing to say about the shop and plan on giving them a bunch of ceracote work in the future. And as someone noted they have low parts prices, each time I was there I tried to round out my requirements for builds n such

To the OP: Sounds pretty sucky, but try again, it may just be crossed wires?

Thu May 07, 2020 1:24 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

What happened to all of the posts by Barfly?

What happened to the post of disclosure with the question of whether or not he was an employee?

Thu May 07, 2020 1:32 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

CQBgopher wrote:
What happened to all of the posts by Barfly?

What happened to the post of disclosure with the question of whether or not he was an employee?

Other thread.

Thu May 07, 2020 1:33 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

There’s two threads on this place?

Thu May 07, 2020 5:21 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

CQBgopher wrote:

There are a lot more than 2.

Thu May 07, 2020 5:27 pm
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

CQBgopher wrote:
The other thread was originally about a member looking for and asking for recommendations for another FFL to do business with.

It evolved, WAGUNS style.

1911 Pistolsmithing
Firearm Refinishing
GLOCK Certified Armorer
CMMG Authorized Dealer
NEMO Arms Authorized Dealer
http://www.blackhammerarms.com
http://www.facebook.com/blackhammerarms
https://www.instagram.com/blackhammerarms/

Thu May 07, 2020 6:17 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

dreadi wrote:
CQBgopher wrote:
The other thread was originally about a member looking for and asking for recommendations for another FFL to do business with.

It evolved, WAGUNS style.

Waguns threads don’t evolve, they mutate.

Thu May 07, 2020 7:10 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Arisaka wrote:
Waguns threads don’t evolve, they mutate.

That is kind of funny.

Yes, I think I unintentionally mutated that other thread a little, posting there what I should have posted here.

Yes, full disclosure: I was working there, but I shopped there long before that and will continue to do so even if I don't get brought back on after all this covid craziness is over. What has happened with the OP really sucks and I feel for ya man. I have no direct knowledge about it so I won't pretend and confirm nor deny any details about this.
What I will say is that I have had nothing but good experiences thus far and a hell of a lot of happy customers shop there, conduct transfers there, have Cerakote done and have their toys worked on there regularly.

No business is perfect and I won't pretend to know everything, but much more often then not, I have seen that folks are happy with their experience and turn into repeat customers.

Fri May 08, 2020 11:05 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Have they gone out of business yet?

Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:03 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Stokes wrote:
Have they gone out of business yet?
I hope not, they’ve got some of my cans and lowers waiting for me!

Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:07 pm
Reply to topic   [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next