Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Lancaster Tactical Supply Sucks, SCAM 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ordered a jig for finishing SIG P320 frames from this place on 2/10:

http://www.ltacticalsupply.com/

It showed as in stock at the time. Still shows in stock. My card was charged right away by "Whitley's Wholesale Warehouse" in South Carolina. I just disputed the charge with the cc company

Doing some poking around, the address for the company is actually a shuttered textile factory in SC. The phone number is associated with a few people in North Carolina. Smells like a scam to me

Here was our back and forth emails:

2/20

Hi,

Do you have an ETA for when my order will ship?

Thanks,
Rocket

Quote:
Mr. Rocket,

Thank you for your email. Our next shipment of these are scheduled to be here on Tuesday of next week. Your order will ship at that time. If you need to cancel please let us know and we can that that taken care of for you. Thank you.

Derrick Johnson
LTS Operations Manager
(704) 665-7839
Email: sales@ltacticalsupply.com

3/2

Derrick,

It looks like my order has not shipped yet. Did you get the shipment last Tuesday like you were expecting?

Thanks,
Rocket

Quote:
Mr. Rocket,

You know how it is in shipping and receiving. We did not get them last week but they did finally come in today. We are inventorying them and should have it to you in a day or two.

Derrick Johnson
LTS Operations Manager
(704) 665-7839
Email: sales@ltacticalsupply.com

3/10

Derrick,

I take it you didn't get the jig in the mail when you said you would

Please cancel the order

Rocket

Last edited by RocketScott on Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:14 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yup it's a scam site. Found this on redit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/scammer/comments/eg0qs3/scammer_underestimates_my_pettiness/

Quote:
Posted byu/Graybeered
2 months ago
Scammer underestimates my pettiness
Sorry for the long post, but this has been going on for around 10 months and still ongoing.
In 2018 I found an Instagram post about a store called 21 Sports Apparel selling 80% Glock lowers. I've never completed an 80% lower, so I decided to make the purchase. That initial purchase started an expensive, in both time and money, journey.
A few weeks after I initially placed my order, I got a call from the Operations Manager "Ray Massey" saying that they were backordered but he would take care of me. He called me "Brother" and "Bro" a lot...threw up some red flags but I just figured it was a sales move.
So in early January 2019 I finally received my first order. It was pretty much as described. So I decided to place another order, and after about 2 weeks it showed up! So far so good!
Well in Feb I talked to "Ray" about two larger orders, totaling $990 dollars. The order involved some custom laser engraving so I figured it would take a while and it did. But finally "Ray" sent me a tracking number! I couldn't wait. Well, wait I did. For 3 weeks the package was bounced back and forth between my home and the shipper. "Ray" had so many excuses, and I began to feel like I was getting screwed, so I did what I should have done in the first place and googled them...So many negative reviews...shit.
I began to play very nice with "Ray" in hopes that I would get SOMETHING. He started to grumble about issues with the shipping manager/owner/customer service person and refering to himself as a "former team guy". Then one day he told me to contact paypal, venmo and my bank to get my money back. None of them were helpful at all, so I was sunk. But when checking my Venmo transactions, I saw the name Lawrencium Martin...I asked "Ray" who that was and he said it was one of the owners...hmmm
Then "Ray" told me that he was quitting, starting his own company and he was bringing my order with him as well as a my refund and he was going to give me both, I believed it was a good customer service move seeing as I had been jerked around.
Well, nothing happens for a few weeks so I contact his previous employer and they accuse me of conspiring with "Ray" to steal from them and they were filing a police report etc..great. So I begin to dig into these guys more, especially Lawrencium Germaine Martin...well now it gets juicy. The number "Ray" had been texting me from was registered to a Germaine Martin...and thats when I knew I had been played HARD. I filed a report with the AG in their state, but they were never able to get a hold of anyone, and after 3 attempts to contact them via letter, they just stopped. Now for the pettiness. I don't forgive OR forget. I keep checking on them throughout the months. During one of my facebook searches theres a "You May Also Like" section with the name of a business called Lancaster Tactical Supply...Interesting. So I look into this business and BOOM! It looks familiar as FUCK. So I start to look further into them and call the phone number on their website, and the voice I hear is "Ray" (who I have figured is Lawrencium Martin by now) I begin to call them out on google/facebook/reddit and they get big mad.
They make vague threats to me on their facebook review section (the review section is closed now) about how they are going to handle me and accusing me of leaving racist messages/email etc. I laugh them off because it didn't happen. I shouldn't have. About a week later I get a visit from my local sheriffs dept. That asshole called the FBI and said I made terroristic/racist threats and after Newtown they investigate all reports. So I take the opportunity to lay out all of the proof I have, and the deputy is hooked, he starts to look into it and we communicate via text message. But when they leave they told me to stop contacting Lancaster Tactical Supply, but no charges are filed. So i start going back over my proof of how I got scammed and open Venmo, only to find that instead of showing "Lawrencium Martin" the transactions now show "Lancaster Tactical Supply" So I send screenshots to the deputy. He then calls me and says he's got news. He called the Lancaster County Sheriffs Department and talked to an investigator. They went over the info and it turns out the name that they used to file the FBI complaint was made up.
So that's where it stands today. Sorry for the long post, but it has been a journey. Hopefully this guy goes to jail again.

Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:23 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I should have checked reviews I’m in 30 days still waiting for a 80% glock frame.

Stay away

Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:45 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

lobo wrote:
I should have checked reviews I’m in 30 days still waiting for a 80% glock frame.

Stay away
Sorry man

Can you dispute the charges? That’s what I did. The next day I got a cancellation email from LTS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:47 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Not sure who Derrick is, but phone number is registered to guy below...

Definitely dispute charges, but, if you can, notify the State AG where the business is, as well as the BB in that state.

Giving you your money back doesn’t hurt him, he made interest on it while holding it...

Filing a complaint online with the state AG, gives him grief when they inquire...

This is who the number is registered to:

https://clustrmaps.com/person/Clark-3s5sol

Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:09 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

NWGunner wrote:

Definitely dispute charges, but, if you can, notify the State AG where the business is, as well as the BB in that state.

Giving you your money back doesn’t hurt him, he made interest on it while holding it...

Filing a complaint online with the state AG, gives him grief when they inquire...

I went down that rabbit hole

Can’t remember all the details but IIRC Doug Clark is deceased. He would be 102. His wife Virginia would be about the same age. Three kids live somewhat close. All dead ends. Nothing connected to the scammer

The address also turns up nothing. It’s an abandoned Saint-Gobain factory

Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:54 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RocketScott wrote:
NWGunner wrote:

I went down that rabbit hole

Can’t remember all the details but IIRC Doug Clark is deceased. He would be 102. His wife Virginia would be about the same age. Three kids live somewhat close. All dead ends. Nothing connected to the scammer

The address also turns up nothing. It’s an abandoned Saint-Gobain factory

Gotcha.

If it’s easy to register a biz complaint online, maybe try...might help someone else...

If not, I get it... :cheers2:

Thanks for warning us :thumbsup2:

Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:05 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Scott your thread title might help spread more awareness if it included the word “scam” or “scammer”

Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:27 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sinus211 wrote:
Scout your thread title might help spread more awareness if it included the word “scam” or “scammer”

I'll add that to the title

I put "sucks" in there because that's how I found the info on Reddit

The problem is, once word gets around, this A-hole is going to start another storefront with a different name and repeat the cycle

Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:20 am

A consumer tip that you might already know about...

I don't use my debit card to pay for stuff, unless it's from a company that has a good reputation with me. I will use PayPal (urrrrrp) or a credit card.

Why?

PayPal provides an extra layer of insulation and encryption, making it VERY hard to hack into an account.

And with a credit card, you can dispute a transaction and receive an immediate refund from the bank, which turns into a permanent refund once they complete their investigation into the matter.

Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:38 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So I sent a email asking why they charged my card on 3/30 when the item was not in stock and ready to ship.

I ended up with a snarky response that the item was in stock today but since I was not happy they decided to cancel my order. I have yet to see a refund on my card and have initiated fraud protocol. I would rather have my item but that’s what I get by trying to shop at the lowest price shop. This place is right up there with low price guns.

Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:42 pm

Hello all, first post. I got suckered by Lancaster Tactical Supply, too. I normally do a thorough search before using unfamiliar web retailers but I got in a hurry this time and it bit me. I've initiated a chargeback with my cc and I'm sure I'll be successful but it's a PITA to have to go through the process.
The biggest red flag with these guys is they say they have all of those high demand items in stock with great prices. Their website still shows everything "in stock". If it sounds too good to be true....don't believe it.

PA Woody

Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:52 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Welcome to WaGuns!

Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:45 am
Profile WWW

Another sucker I guess. Wish I was on here before purchasing a completed slide 7/14... still no reply back after a friendly "hey, just checking status"...then I stumbled onto the many reviews / complaints ::face palm:: I always research before I buy online (used CC so that will be okay in refund land) but got got, like everyone else, when they were the only ones w/ what I wanted.

Moral: "If it's too good to be true..."

Why do we never learn? Experience is gained from bad decisions...

Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:25 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Welcome to WaGuns, Edgar!

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:35 pm
Reply to topic   [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next