Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:16 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Went to Oregon, some friendly and not some friendly shops 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Me and my wife took a trip down to Oregon, wanted to stop at some shops for her, and I wanted to go to a few bang bang boutique shops and see what they were like. I stopped in at Northwest armory and coffee, it looked liked the biggest and best place to go.

So I walk in and I asked the guys some questions about some things I’m looking for, and asked him about some other things I’m looking for, and then he says you have your ID on you? And I say, for what, and he goes well we check ID’s here. And I go why would it matter where I’m from? I’ve never heard that you have to show an ID. I’m not over here trying to go to buy alcohol. So after I got pissed off at this communist little Fark………..

I set out to find another place, and I found a great place. It’s a store in Gresham Oregon. They’re very friendly and they seem to like American cash. I hear they have a very big order of boom boom shrimp coming in on Tuesday. They also have Advanced Fire :AR15firing: and Training

Now I know some may give me some flack. But it’s also good to know who our friends are and who aren’t. I say we use paper money,…………..while we still can. :patriot:

Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:22 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The only time I’ve ever been asked for ID was when gun purchases, screw that little twerp at NW Armory!

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Sat Jun 03, 2023 10:26 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

To be fair you were most likely asking a bunch of obvious wershingtonian kinda questions.

Sun Jun 04, 2023 7:28 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nope. It was what I had that must of peaked his interest. Either way, not cool. He even mentioned something about Federal way guns, I don’t remember exactly, I was so pissed off. I was looking for a variety of items, asking about many different um, cups he had in stock, but nearly everything I asked for he didn’t have.

Not only that but a local gun shop here in Washington was telling me that I should register all my braces. I was shocked. I think these guys are so beyond scared. Then come to find out that only 255k got registered, makes me wonder? Honestly, my trust is at zero now a days. Just my opinion.

Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:50 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Some shops run more scared than others.

Sun Jun 04, 2023 11:24 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

*piqued

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Sun Jun 04, 2023 1:25 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:
*piqued

Talk to auto correct. I didn’t know how to spell it. :bigsmile:

I’m just trying to save people wasted trips. If these shops want to censor people like they do everywhere else, well, good luck. AFT will see me again. :bow:

Sun Jun 04, 2023 2:22 pm

Old Growth wrote:
To be fair you were most likely asking a bunch of obvious wershingtonian kinda questions.

So? As long as he wasn't trying to buy a pistol or semi-auto rifle it shouldn't matter. Maybe, maybe they could be scared of a lawsuit from WA if they sold standard capacity mags, but other than that it doesn't matter.

Wed Jul 19, 2023 12:26 pm

Right now there are so many injunctions that no one should be concerned about having a pistol with a brace.

Fri Jul 21, 2023 12:30 pm

well, I have a passport card with me.
I am about to travel to Portland next week or so. I would like to see their reaction to this "ID".

Sun Sep 10, 2023 3:17 am

zzero000 wrote:
well, I have a passport card with me.
I am about to travel to Portland next week or so. I would like to see their reaction to this "ID".

That's actually a value adding option for addressing a "show me your papers" question in a state neutral way.

Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:37 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Having been into northwest armory a number of times over the years. Seems they have dipped into the “if you’re not spending big $$$ on a new toy… we really don’t care bout you” attitude, as of late. All the questions probably were starting to annoy him and he was smart enough to know where you were from and used that as an excuse to get you to go away.

Thu Jan 25, 2024 12:55 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Unless you guys are running sovcit “plates” on your cars (thus making you suspicious in a completely different way), your passport card isn’t fooling anyone about where you’re from.

Thu Jan 25, 2024 1:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]