Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:58 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Forum rules

If a deal has an expiration date, please include that in your thread title!

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Anova sous vide cooker on Amazon 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Anova Culinary Sous Vide Precision Cooker Nano | Bluetooth | 750W | Anova App Included https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07C7PW3PC/re ... bCbPTQS6SE

Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:11 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Great deal. I have the original one, and it is great.

Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:45 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I just got one on Saturday. I haven't cooked anything yet though. I wanted to try a pot roast but then read it takes 16-24 hours.

Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:47 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

spaghetti monster wrote:
I just got one on Saturday. I haven't cooked anything yet though. I wanted to try a pot roast but then read it takes 16-24 hours.

I just planned dinner for the next day. It was excellent.

I just did hamburgers with it.

Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:48 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

spaghetti monster wrote:

I will admit this is not a hey I just got home from work quick cooker, you have to plan ahead to get the right results. My corned beef for St. Patrick's day spent 4 days in the hot tub. Plan ahead, and you will be a happy camper. Also it is almost impossible to over cook. With some cooking methods even a couple of minutes can mean the difference between yummy, and burnt offerings.
Proceed to the wagrubs thread for more info.
Wandering Walrus is a cooking GOD.

Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:52 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

golddigger14s wrote:
spaghetti monster wrote:

I will admit this is not a hey I just got home from work quick cooker, you have to plan ahead to get the right results. My corned beef for St. Patrick's day spent 4 days in the hot tub. Plan ahead, and you will be a happy camper. Also it is almost impossible to over cook. With some cooking methods even a couple of minutes can mean the difference between yummy, and burnt offerings.

Yeah I just found my way over to that thread the other day. Some amazing looking food there.

I get off work at 7 and my girlfriend hates eating that late so I thought if we sous vide it she can take hers out sear it when she's hungry and I can do the same when i get home. The thing with a roast is I can throw it in the slow cooker or crock pot and have a roast in a 8 hours or less so no real benefit to sous vide if it takes 3 times as long.

Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:12 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

spaghetti monster wrote:
golddigger14s wrote:
spaghetti monster wrote:

Yeah I just found my way over to that thread the other day. Some amazing looking food there.

I get off work at 7 and my girlfriend hates eating that late so I thought if we sous vide it she can take hers out sear it when she's hungry and I can do the same when i get home. The thing with a roast is I can throw it in the slow cooker or crock pot and have a roast in a 8 hours or less so no real benefit to sous vide if it takes 3 times as long.

It may take longer, but it's about the results. A crock pot will not give you a rare, or medium rare. I might do a prime rib for xmas, and will cook it at 131 degrees for 4 hours. The bigger Anova has wi-fi so you can start it with the app from work $159 (haven't tried it yet, but I think it's supposed to do that.) A regular steak you do for about two hours, so I'm going to try that next week to see how the wi-fi works.

This guy offers a free email course:
https://us2.campaign-archive.com/?u=1ce ... 3037698c59

Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]