Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:16 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Forum rules

If a deal has an expiration date, please include that in your thread title!

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Surplus High cut ballistic helmets 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

For anyone that might be in the market for a decent ballistic helmet here you go:
https://www.customnightvision.com/product/galvion-revision-military-batlskin-viper-a3-high-cut-ballistic-mission-ready-tan-helmet-surplus-special/
Sizes small to XL, made by a reputable US company.

Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:55 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Can you elaborate on the brand or quality for those of us that have no clue. What’s the different between this and a $2k team Wendy helmet?

Fri Mar 24, 2023 12:54 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Gasitman wrote:
What’s the different between this and a $2k team Wendy helmet?

About $1,500 :bigsmile:

Fri Mar 24, 2023 12:58 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

These fall into a niche that is between the older full coverage ACH helmets and the newer Ops-Core and Team Wendy helmets.
Brand new these are running at just under $800. They are utilizing the older style Aramid fibers that ACH's were made with, so they're going to be slightly heavier than new Team Wendy helmets that are using polyethylene for their stuff. It's also a much more proven system. These are fully configured with all the mount for hanging cool guys stuff off your helmet. They have a Galvion unique harness system that is similar yet different from Ops core or Team Wendy. Word on the street is that these particular helmets are coming from the Marine corps as they transition to newer systems. I know for a fact that Air Force Security forces are utilizing these same style of helmets as well.

Here's the listing from the manufacturer.
https://www.galvion.com/products/viper-a3-high-cut-mission-ready

Fri Mar 24, 2023 1:37 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Gasitman wrote:
Can you elaborate on the brand or quality for those of us that have no clue. What’s the different between this and a $2k team Wendy helmet?

Is Team Wendy still publicly supporting democrats for political office and making donations to their campaigns? Hard pass for me on team Wendy.

Fri Mar 24, 2023 3:51 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Galvion is a great company. Back when they were Revision they hooked me up with a helmet cover when everyone was OOS

Team Wendy supports the enemy

Fri Mar 24, 2023 4:55 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

more helmet varieties added.
https://www.customnightvision.com/product/armorsource-as-501-ballistic-high-cut-helmet-with-wilcox-shroud-surplus-special/

Sat Mar 25, 2023 6:12 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

They gave a fuck ton of those things out to any robe-wearing wadi dweller for free. You'd think we could get a better deal than that.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:11 pm

The stuff I have loaded in my ar 15 right now would negate those helmets. My night vision came with the strap set up you put in yt9ur head with chin strap.

Sat Mar 25, 2023 9:05 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

hartcreek wrote:
The stuff I have loaded in my ar 15 right now would negate those helmets. My night vision came with the strap set up you put in yt9ur head with chin strap.
They're IIIa, not designed or intended to stop rifle rounds. The helmet gives you a solid load bearing platform for NODs, battery packs, lights, ear pro etc, and protects against pistol threats, bumps, frag, etc.

Sat Mar 25, 2023 10:05 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

More helmets, including ops core and team Wendy
https://www.customnightvision.com/product/team-wendy-ballistic-helmet-ranger-green-surplus-special/
https://www.customnightvision.com/product/ops-core-mt-ballistic-helmet-tan-surplus-special/

Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:04 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well, you should call them and tell them they owe you a discount code. I got my helmet and night vision today. I got a white phosphorous pvs-14 and a ARMORSOURCE AS-501 BALLISTIC HIGH CUT HELMET. Grade B. Says team Wendy was was manufactured in 10/13. Waiting for the mounts to come. Thanks for this one.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:36 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nice, good for you. I’ve got 2 that should be delivered tomorrow. Now to see who makes it there first, me or the helmets.

Thu Mar 30, 2023 11:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]