Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:20 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Forum rules

If a deal has an expiration date, please include that in your thread title!

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 $40 red dot 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Location: no longer in a van down by the river (... at least anywhere near South King County)
Riton 1 TACTIX ARD 1x Red Dot $39.99 before tax, but shipped free. I have no idea how well they work, or durability, but it's tempting a bit. icon_eek

https://www.bereli.com/riton-optics-1x23-x1-tactix-ard-red-dot-sight/

Thu Mar 16, 2023 7:43 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

中国 の sight-o 駄目

中国 は 菊門 です。

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:32 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Does it have a low mount? Got a 22lr this would probably go great with.

Thu Mar 16, 2023 7:16 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:
中国 の sight-o 駄目

中国 は 菊門 です。

安装在您的日本卡车上会是什么样子?

You do realize Toyota has 4 assembly plants in China and they source OEM Chinese made parts for the US market too, right?

Since you drive one, it's a fair comment.

Would Vortex be a better option? Yeah, many are Chinese as well.

https://opticsforce.com/blogs/news/wher ... copes-made

I get hating buying anything Chinese, but when you call people out for that make sure your hands are clean or you just look like a hypocrite.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:23 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

DM47 wrote:
Riton 1 TACTIX ARD 1x Red Dot $39.99 before tax, but shipped free. I have no idea how well they work, or durability, but it's tempting a bit. icon_eek

These sights are pretty much bottom of the barrel trash, IMO, about equal to "Monstrum Tactical" or whatever other cheap $20 Amazon red dot you can find. It's probably a decent optic for an airsoft rifle, maybe a .22 LR but certainly nothing more serious than that.

Berelli offers Riton's low end RMR-style red dots occasionally as well, and they're even worse - the little LED emitter isn't even covered by it's own little window, so it collects dust/lint/etc.

YMMV of course, but hopefully this saves someone from thinking they're getting a great deal and getting took.

Fri Mar 17, 2023 1:15 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

usrifle wrote:
jukk0u wrote:
中国 の sight-o 駄目

中国 は 菊門 です。

安装在您的日本卡车上会是什么样子?

You do realize Toyota has 4 assembly plants in China and they source OEM Chinese made parts for the US market too, right?

Since you drive one, it's a fair comment.

Would Vortex be a better option? Yeah, many are Chinese as well.

https://opticsforce.com/blogs/news/wher ... copes-made

I get hating buying anything Chinese, but when you call people out for that make sure your hands are clean or you just look like a hypocrite.

I just think it gets old.

He continually pounds out his hypocritical screed on his Chinese-made keyboard.

None of us chooses to buy Chinese, and many avoid it when possible, but he wants to be the arbiter of when it’s okay, and when it isn’t.

Enough already, everyone gets it.

My biggest gripe, other than the hypocrisy, is that it will inhibit folks from posting their deals, because they don’t want to deal with being flamed.

Fri Mar 17, 2023 1:37 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

We all have some experience with firearms. You get what you pay for. Don't expect in 2023 to buy a $40.00 red dot sight and expect it to perform like a Eotech or Aimpoint.

There are times when the situation as it occurs, dictates the course of actions that follow.

"I stand for the National Anthem, always have, always will"

On days like this, I often wonder what Gary Gordon and Randy Shughart would do...

Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:35 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I bought a cheap Chinese red/green dot sight off Amazon a few years back and put it on a kick around AR9 Pistol and it works great. Held zero and always works.

The rest of my Red dots are all Vortex, not sure where they are made though since some Vortex products are Chicom too.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Fri Mar 17, 2023 12:02 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Location: no longer in a van down by the river (... at least anywhere near South King County)
scrid2000 wrote:
Does it have a low mount? Got a 22lr this would probably go great with.

The description says, "it comes with a lower 1/3 co-witness QD mount and a flush mount..."
So, maybe?

SFCRMSA wrote:
We all have some experience with firearms. You get what you pay for. Don't expect in 2023 to buy a $40.00 red dot sight and expect it to perform like a Eotech or Aimpoint.

Exactly

Yondering wrote:
DM47 wrote:

These sights are pretty much bottom of the barrel trash, IMO, about equal to "Monstrum Tactical" or whatever other cheap $20 Amazon red dot you can find. It's probably a decent optic for an airsoft rifle, maybe a .22 LR but certainly nothing more serious than that.

Berelli offers Riton's low end RMR-style red dots occasionally as well, and they're even worse - the little LED emitter isn't even covered by it's own little window, so it collects dust/lint/etc.

YMMV of course, but hopefully this saves someone from thinking they're getting a great deal and getting took.

Well, f***, there goes my .338 Lapua project .

:ROFLMAO:

Fri Mar 17, 2023 1:19 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]