Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:00 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Forum rules

If a deal has an expiration date, please include that in your thread title!

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Sig Sauer 9mm defensive ammo on sig's website 

Sig elite 147gr HP for $59.95 for a box of 50. Shipping was free for 2 or more boxes. Not cheap but available!

Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:02 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sold out . 115 grain is still up.

Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:47 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

They've cut out the middle man and are making 5x the profit that they used to by selling direct to consumer. Smart business move, but it sucks as a customer because you know it didn't even used to RETAIL for that a year ago, and manufacturers' component costs haven't gone up THAT much.

Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:51 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Says may ship in a plain white box. For $60 they could at least package it properly.

Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:02 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

By the way if anyone didn't get some and wants a box or two.
I just got today a couple of case of Sig 147gr 9mm V-Crown. Got them for $1 a round. So with Shipping and taxes I paid just shy of $1.20 a round. Was going to post in the ammo section and probably will but hey if someone wants some You can buy from me what you might have had to pay Sig before tax.

All i can say is it seems that the overall price is starting to settle finally. People are still paying to much for ammo but at least the crazy over paying seems to be slowing down.
Even on Gunbroker the price for FMJ 9mm is now just over $600 a case before tax and shipping. That is way down from the 750+ prices of just a couple of weeks ago.

Thanks for posting HondaFan glad you are here.

Proverbs 27:12 -- “A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.”
Need Long term Food or Survival Supplies, I have extras, Grab the Supplies_Available.pdf. Prices Quoted are close to my actual cost:
https://backupcomputing.workplace.datto.com/filelink/6af06-883bf7e-31d469c0e1-2
Link corrected 1/30/2021.

The prudent Wagunner trains and prepares to defend themselves and their families, friends, and neighbors. They also are prepared to feed, shelter, and provide aid as well.
Danger is coming and may already be here, how prepared are you? Click the link above for lots of good info to get started.

Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:29 pm
Profile WWW

I have noticed this aswell.
That is mighty kind of you, What area are you in.

Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:48 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Travis1565 wrote:
I have noticed this aswell.
That is mighty kind of you, What area are you in.

Hi travis, If you look under the Picture in my profile you will see the location.
Shooting you a PM as well.

Proverbs 27:12 -- “A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.”
Need Long term Food or Survival Supplies, I have extras, Grab the Supplies_Available.pdf. Prices Quoted are close to my actual cost:

The prudent Wagunner trains and prepares to defend themselves and their families, friends, and neighbors. They also are prepared to feed, shelter, and provide aid as well.
Danger is coming and may already be here, how prepared are you? Click the link above for lots of good info to get started.

Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:56 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Guns4Liberty wrote:
They've cut out the middle man and are making 5x the profit that they used to by selling direct to consumer. Smart business move, but it sucks as a customer because you know it didn't even used to RETAIL for that a year ago, and manufacturers' component costs haven't gone up THAT much.

Yeah and don't forget a few years back when 22LR ammo was unobtanium. Prices for 22 have never fully recovered to that pre-shit-show because the market saw what retailers were willing to pay. Be prepared for the same with the rest of the ammo going forward. The days of teen-cents or less per round of 9mm is most likely gone for good. Folks are shelling out $1 per these days. We'll be lucky if retail stays in the 30-40c per range.

That said, I got in on the Sig 9mm. Shipping was pretty quick. They are posting in stock 9mm quite often. I would say maybe at least once/wk. $22.95/50 (+ tax) (50c per round after tax) with no shipping charge. Limit 5 per household per day. Not awesome by any stretch but better than anything currently on ammoseek.

In comparison, my local Sportsman's is still at $16.99/50 (+ tax) for Winchester or Federal when in stock (about 37-38c per round). I think this will be the best we'll see for retail going forward.

https://www.saf.org/

https://www.firearmspolicy.org/act

https://www.gunowners.org/

https://www.ccrkba.org/

https://home.nra.org/

Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:18 am

Orthos wrote:
Guns4Liberty wrote:

Yeah and don't forget a few years back when 22LR ammo was unobtanium. Prices for 22 have never fully recovered to that pre-shit-show because the market saw what retailers were willing to pay. Be prepared for the same with the rest of the ammo going forward. The days of teen-cents or less per round of 9mm is most likely gone for good. Folks are shelling out $1 per these days. We'll be lucky if retail stays in the 30-40c per range.

That said, I got in on the Sig 9mm. Shipping was pretty quick. They are posting in stock 9mm quite often. I would say maybe at least once/wk. $22.95/50 (+ tax) (50c per round after tax) with no shipping charge. Limit 5 per household per day. Not awesome by any stretch but better than anything currently on ammoseek.

In comparison, my local Sportsman's is still at $16.99/50 (+ tax) for Winchester or Federal when in stock (about 37-38c per round). I think this will be the best we'll see for retail going forward.

Unfortunately I think you are right my friend. I was purchased an AR a few months back aswell as 1911 and G3 9mm I purchased a couple weeks ago and have had my eye out for ammo that was not ridiculously high priced since. I finally couldn't take it anymore and paid $360 incl. S/H for 400 rounds (150 rnds. .45,150 rnds. 9mm, 100 rnds. of .5.56 & 20 rnds 9mm tracer)
I know absolutely ridiculous but was best price I could find. It was primarily so I could make sure my guns function and save some for each caliber so I an not without.
Thanks for the Sig ammo tip I will start checking with them regularily

Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:44 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Travis1565 wrote:
Orthos wrote:
Guns4Liberty wrote:

Unfortunately I think you are right my friend. I was purchased an AR a few months back aswell as 1911 and G3 9mm I purchased a couple weeks ago and have had my eye out for ammo that was not ridiculously high priced since. I finally couldn't take it anymore and paid $360 incl. S/H for 400 rounds (150 rnds. .45,150 rnds. 9mm, 100 rnds. of .5.56 & 20 rnds 9mm tracer)
I know absolutely ridiculous but was best price I could find. It was primarily so I could make sure my guns function and save some for each caliber so I an not without.
Thanks for the Sig ammo tip I will start checking with them regularily

Travis, also keep an eye out at Rogers Sporting Goods, Target Sports USA and SGAmmo, and Palmetto State Armory. all are know for having reasonably priced ammo. LAX ammo also has some deals or reasonable priced at times to. Their house brand stuff is very good quality to.

BTW with today's pricing you should have paid about $285 for what you listed. If you weren't so far away I would say talk to me could have gotten you the same for a lot less!
happy ammo hunting!

Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:30 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]