Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:14 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Forum rules

If a deal has an expiration date, please include that in your thread title!

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Anderson AM15 lowers $60 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

https://aimsurplus.com/anderson-manufac ... r-no-logo/

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:15 pm

OUT OF STOCK

Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:21 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Got to be on top of the game, always searching ready to buy at a moment’s notice.

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:15 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

$48 poverty ponies
https://www.primaryarms.com/anderson-ma ... r-receiver

PA seems to get Anderson and Aero in almost daily and sell out once reddit knows.

check out the link to see what is available.
https://www.primaryarms.com/search?keyw ... ed%20lower

takes a while for them to process (about 3 weeks). Buy 3 and send to Sound Loan for lowest price point.

Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:55 pm

Having built several ARs using these receivers.. (building a 7.62 x 39 pistol right now) aside from the annoying pony that is on many of them, they have all run 100%. Unless you want bragging rights these will do you just fine and save your money for the parts that really matter

Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:35 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

DrNoWay wrote:
Having built several ARs using these receivers.. (building a 7.62 x 39 pistol right now) aside from the annoying pony that is on many of them, they have all run 100%. Unless you want bragging rights these will do you just fine and save your money for the parts that really matter

How is your 7.62 build going? Doing a build in the same and waiting on the barrel to come in. I may have to go adjustable gas block (already have heavier buffer) as it will go suppressed eventually. Being left handed, I am tempted by the BCA left-ejecting upper for a turnkey upper, but afraid of the horror stories from their QA.

I know the common answer is that Anderson is lesser tier than Aero, but in my recent lower purchases (2 Aeros/2 Andersons), the Andersons have better build quality & less variation from specs. I hope it was just flukes as one Aero looks like a blem that made it past QA (Cerokoated burrs on the selector) and Aero is talking about replacing it.

Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:04 pm

I have a couple Windhams AR10 and 15 put away if the urge to build hits me but with this ammo situation no urge.

Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:46 am

chuckisduck wrote:
DrNoWay wrote:

How is your 7.62 build going? Doing a build in the same and waiting on the barrel to come in. I may have to go adjustable gas block (already have heavier buffer) as it will go suppressed eventually. Being left handed, I am tempted by the BCA left-ejecting upper for a turnkey upper, but afraid of the horror stories from their QA.

I know the common answer is that Anderson is lesser tier than Aero, but in my recent lower purchases (2 Aeros/2 Andersons), the Andersons have better build quality & less variation from specs. I hope it was just flukes as one Aero looks like a blem that made it past QA (Cerokoated burrs on the selector) and Aero is talking about replacing it.

I'm also waiting on a KAK barrel. They have an economy Melonited version for $125 and the expensive SS @ $265. At this point I would take either one and hope to get the notification when I am online, before they sell out. I have everything else, Melonited KAK BCG, complete lower/upper, oversized custom controls, lightweight MLOK handguard, shark break, 20 and 30 rd ASC steel mags, etc. It will eventually get a 3 x or Cyclops PAs optic

If you want left hand, consider the Frontier Armory left hand charging uppers. So far I've built a 9MM and am almost finished with a .45. Then your only issue is the mag release and I believe there are aftermarket ambi designs that drop in

Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:25 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks for the advice Dr. No, I will have to look into the upper. I have the ambi mag releases as its the only thing I can't reach without moving my left hand on a normal lower. I didn't want to wait and got a BCA barrel but shouldn't of bought from sweaty Ben at classic firearms, as its been a while for an "in-stock item".

Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:56 pm

chuckisduck wrote:
Thanks for the advice Dr. No, I will have to look into the upper. I have the ambi mag releases as its the only thing I can't reach without moving my left hand on a normal lower. I didn't want to wait and got a BCA barrel but shouldn't of bought from sweaty Ben at classic firearms, as its been a while for an "in-stock item".

The side charger is really quite nice. It's a lot like an FAL or other side charger weapons. If you would like to try it in person, let me know

Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:28 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks! I may take you up on that offer once I finish the build :-)

Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:28 am
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]