Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:29 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Forum rules

If a deal has an expiration date, please include that in your thread title!

Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 $10 AR15 magpul mags - new 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Get 'em while you can.
https://www.surplusammo.com/ar-15-magazines/

Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:42 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

LOL, I swore those guys off back when they were the leading local price gouger of this very same item. Personally, I'll pay a dollar or 2 more to NOT shop with them.

Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:16 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Chip wrote:
LOL, I swore those guys off back when they were the leading local price gouger of this very same item. Personally, I'll pay a dollar or 2 more to NOT shop with them.

I’m not sure $1-$2 more is going to happen currently. I was in cabelas today picking up a sig romeo 5 red dot they had on sale. Pmags were marked $27.99 :throwup:

Now to be fair, that’s cabelas for you, but damn. No powder. Only boutique calibers in stock. New guns almost completely sold out aside from a few hunting rifles. Surplus racks gone. Gun library only heirloom firearms.

Crazy.

Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:23 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sinus211 wrote:
Chip wrote:

I’m not sure $1-$2 more is going to happen currently. I was in cabelas today picking up a sig romeo 5 red dot they had on sale. Pmags were marked $27.99 :throwup:

Now to be fair, that’s cabelas for you, but damn. No powder. Only boutique calibers in stock. New guns almost completely sold out aside from a few hunting rifles. Surplus racks gone. Gun library only heirloom firearms.

Crazy.

$12.30

https://gunmagwarehouse.com/magpul-pmag ... olors.html

Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:37 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

spaghetti monster wrote:
Sinus211 wrote:
Chip wrote:

Crazy.

$12.30

https://gunmagwarehouse.com/magpul-pmag ... olors.html

I stand corrected

Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:51 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sinus211 wrote:
Chip wrote:

Which Cabela's were you in... Martha's Vineyard? The Tulalip store had a bin full of them for $14.99 today. Still way too high.

With Republicans poised to maintain control of the Senate, I don't think there's any credible threat of federal action on guns or magazines, so there's really no reason to scramble and buy these now. I can still find them for under $10 on multiple websites.

Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:59 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Guns4Liberty wrote:
Sinus211 wrote:
Chip wrote:

Which Cabela's were you in... Martha's Vineyard? The Tulalip store had a bin full of them for $14.99 today. Still way too high.

With Republicans poised to maintain control of the Senate, I don't think there's any credible threat of federal action on guns or magazines, so there's really no reason to scramble and buy these now. I can still find them for under $10 on multiple websites.

But if Biden does enough lip service about banning them people will panick buy and drive the price up still.

Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:14 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Chip wrote:
Are you talking about Surplus Ammo and Arms in Tacoma? I'm pretty sure they aren't related to this website.

Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:18 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

spaghetti monster wrote:
Guns4Liberty wrote:

But if Biden does enough lip service about banning them people will panick buy and drive the price up still.

I wish you were wrong, but if the past decade is any indication, you're probably right. I wish more people would think before they act.

Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:28 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Guns4Liberty wrote:
Sinus211 wrote:
Chip wrote:

This is hopefully moot as I think Trump wins this. But God forbid Biden wins, what prevents Biden from signing an EO banning high capacity mags?

Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:15 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

leadcounsel wrote:
This is hopefully moot as I think Trump wins this. But God forbid Biden wins, what prevents Biden from signing an EO banning high capacity mags?
The fact that am EO banning standard capacity magazines would be beyond the scope of authority a president has, to say nothing of the common use doctrine established by Heller?

Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:19 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

scrid2000 wrote:
leadcounsel wrote:
The fact that am EO banning standard capacity magazines would be beyond the scope of authority a president has, to say nothing of the common use doctrine established by Heller?

Maybe.

It took Heller 10 years to work its way up through the Courts to get a ruling; a ruling some states have simply ignored. Plenty of "common use doctrine" items are outright banned in California, like mags.

In that timeframe, businesses shut production, retool, go under, etc. Harm befalls people.

What makes you believe states like WA will not continue to enforce a Biden EO even if a federal Court in say Pennsylvania declares it wrong?

Say you're 32 right now. And it takes 10 years to work its way out. You're 42 when it's resolved favorably if ever.

Let's imagine a different scenario, he does an EO now without Congress, and in 2 years Congress flips blue and they just pass the law to shore it up... The EO was a 'stop gap' until Congress acts.

There's plenty of power he can wield.

Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:43 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

leadcounsel wrote:
scrid2000 wrote:
leadcounsel wrote:

Maybe.

It took Heller 10 years to work its way up through the Courts to get a ruling; a ruling some states have simply ignored. Plenty of "common use doctrine" items are outright banned in California, like mags.

In that timeframe, businesses shut production, retool, go under, etc. Harm befalls people.

What makes you believe states like WA will not continue to enforce a Biden EO even if a federal Court in say Pennsylvania declares it wrong?

Say you're 32 right now. And it takes 10 years to work its way out. You're 42 when it's resolved favorably if ever.

Let's imagine a different scenario, he does an EO now without Congress, and in 2 years Congress flips blue and they just pass the law to shore it up... The EO was a 'stop gap' until Congress acts.

I'm much more worried about what WA will do than what Biden will do.

Super jealous that you managed to find work in Idaho that paid enough for you to move there.

Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:58 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

scrid2000 wrote:
leadcounsel wrote:
scrid2000 wrote:
leadcounsel wrote:

Maybe.

I'm much more worried about what WA will do than what Biden will do.

Super jealous that you managed to find work in Idaho that paid enough for you to move there.

Biden and Washington are not mutually exclusive. They both can F you.

Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:34 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

scrid2000 wrote:
Chip wrote:
Are you talking about Surplus Ammo and Arms in Tacoma? I'm pretty sure they aren't related to this website.

I wouldn't want to disparage a business incorrectly. So to be clear, the website in the link says the business is in Montana. But they appear to be the same company as SAA Tacoma. Their respective logos are the exact same style and I found one on the About Us page of the website that incorporates "SAA" as part of it. They also sell SAA brand merch on the site. So I'm pretty confident that it's the same business, and will continue to tell them to take a hike!

Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next