Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:28 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 U.p.s. won't deliver 

It's been a difficult week for sure. A lot of what you are all experiencing is based on the volume being hung up in transit to the distribution hubs. Even when/if it shows "in transit" it's probably sitting somewhere waiting to be unloaded. There have been a lot of call outs by warehouse staff and drivers alike and the volume just keeps building up. Of course there are those lazy ass driers that will use any excuse to stay in the truck but think about it this way, for every package they don't get off the truck it's basically an extra package added to the work load for the following day. Full disclosure, I'm a Brown driver. I work my ass off serving my customers and I want every piece of crap you all order off my truck every day so I don't have to handle it more than once. I'm waiting on a Larue mount that is just sitting in Oregon and I know the guys that run that route so I get to give them hell directly but guess what, doesn't speed it up. Anyway, I have to drink my brown coolaid and head off to work.

Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:46 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Had a UPS delivery due yesterday. Website said delayed due to weather, but they were trying.

It arrived a day early on Wednesday.

Another USPS due to arrive today, arrived yesterday.

Even out here in the boonies.

Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:50 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A workmate of mine just received the Rams jersey she ordered to wear for the Superbowl….. today! And she had it sent to the office in Auburn, so nothing preventing access to deliver. Just a lot of backed up freight I guess.

Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:08 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Fed ex was supposed to deliver some live blueberry plants on Tuesday. Still getting a can't deliver because of weather. They were last traced to Tacoma. Thursday we drove he airport. UPS delivered,propane truck came to neighbors house,mail and paper delivered.Friday FedEx can't deliver until monday. Fucking pussys

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:28 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Four FedEx packages delayed since last Friday--or rather, "out for delivery" since last Friday. And yet my USPS guy, Kevin, missed only Monday--he showed up at about 8:00p on Tuesday with my mail and USPS packages.

Kevin's got a huge route, but he's been my mail guy forever and is from Nebraska (read: he takes cold weather as a personal challenge). He said that Monday they weren't even allowed out of the yard, but Tuesday was driver discretion. So yup, those little USPS trucks were puttering around in snow apparently too deep for a FedEx truck.

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun."
~Tenzin Gyatso, aka His Holiness the Dalai Lama

"We who are strong have an obligation to bear with the failings of the weak, and not to please ourselves."
~ Romans 15:1

"Ils Ont Les Armes, On Les Emmerde, On A Le Champagne!"~Charlie Hebdo, November 2015

Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:40 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Our USPS has not been down our road since Wednesday Fed 6th. Today is the 16th. Shit a snowflake.

Quote:
Your package has a delivery exception. We attempted to deliver your package at 4:40 pm on February 15, 2019 in DUVALL, WA 98019 but could not access the delivery location. We will redeliver on the next business day.

COMPLETE BULLSHIT. He has not even been down the road. In fact, 4:40PM yesterday - I was specifically standing in the road - talking to my neighbor Ryan.

Complete joke. The clown is just calling it in, if you know what I mean.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:54 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

dirtwigle wrote:
It's been a difficult week for sure. A lot of what you are all experiencing is based on the volume being hung up in transit to the distribution hubs. Even when/if it shows "in transit" it's probably sitting somewhere waiting to be unloaded. There have been a lot of call outs by warehouse staff and drivers alike and the volume just keeps building up. Of course there are those lazy ass driers that will use any excuse to stay in the truck but think about it this way, for every package they don't get off the truck it's basically an extra package added to the work load for the following day. Full disclosure, I'm a Brown driver. I work my ass off serving my customers and I want every piece of crap you all order off my truck every day so I don't have to handle it more than once. I'm waiting on a Larue mount that is just sitting in Oregon and I know the guys that run that route so I get to give them hell directly but guess what, doesn't speed it up. Anyway, I have to drink my brown coolaid and head off to work.

I appreciate the inside perspective, and that rings true with my chats with delivery folks.
Especially the part about you not wanting to handle it twice. :thumbsup2:

Some people just seem to have a natural tendency towards laziness and/or inefficiency, and some don't. In every field of work even.
:patriot:

Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:41 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

We had an Amazon delivery Thursday night at 9:30. Good thing I heard him stop by or my packages would have sat out all night, and might have walked off. Anytime after 7pm is too late to deliver packages IMO. Funny enough I ordered two things from the same company through Amazon. One arrived Thursday, the other not scheduled till Sunday. Kinda bizarre, but ok.

Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:48 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wow got a butt ton of mail today. My adjustable rear AK sight came and already threw it on.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:11 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Steve delivered right to my doorstep...

:D

Thanks!

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:38 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

TechnoWeenie wrote:
Steve delivered right to my doorstep...

:D

Thanks!

Shit, I wasn't thinking and pulled up in front . . . now I'm on the potato cam! :rofl9:

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:17 pm

I've had 3 packages sitting in UPS hell since Monday the 11th. I get that the snow delay is a thing, but USPS started delivering again on Wednesday, and on Friday I got packages from USPS, FedEx, and OnTrac! If frickin' Ontrac is delivering you know the roads are clear.

Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:06 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Fucking 3x now for 2 packages "delivery location not accessible". Went to go pickup 1 package from the office, just missed another today and wont be able to pickup til tuesday because of holiday. (usps)

Yet theres a dry safeway weekly in my mailbox.... Huh. Meaning the shitbag lazy diabetic fuck didnt want to go up my driveway.

Ups delayed my package onroute, then on delivery day sent a notification that'll be delayed for the next day but like 2 hours later, delievered the package late evening to my doorstep. Obviously walked up my driveway.

I WANT MY FUCKING GUN PARTS.

Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:26 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

At least you have snow as a reason/excuse. The other day my package with ups was "out for delivery". Then I get an e-mail saying I wasn't home. Was there a tag put on my door? No, I would have noticed that since I was sitting within three feet of my door. Lazy ass drivers, :cussing:

Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:02 pm

My road was impassable for about 4 days. Day 3 Fedex actually walked a package up my door, and that was quite the walk. I felt bad since it wasn't anything important.

The rest of the stuff they dumped off at the Post Office. When I went to get my mail on Thursday, all my Fedex stuff was there as well. :thumbsup2:

Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next