Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:45 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 First all girl Boy Scout Troop 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I can see your side, but am going to disagree to a point. The world is segregated. There are distinct sexes. There are differences in brain structure that produce differences in thought and manner, which holds true for the majority of both sexes. And I find value in that clear distinction. I don't think anyone has the right to dictate that everyone must conform to historical or evolved standards, and find it disconcerting that folks feel that redefining gender roles for themselves necessitates adoption of that definition by everyone else. For this reason, I find it objectionable that certain people feel they must overthrow an organization like Boy Scouts or Girls Scouts and deny them their club's values rather than just going out and starting "The Scouts". By extension of your reasoning, will Muslims have to admit Jews to their mosques or will co-habitation within a community suffice (while allowing each their self-segregation for religious observance)? Does peaceful co-habitation necessitate the eradication of the distinctions between the two theologies?

Masculinity and femininity are two sides of a complimentary coin. And many of the traits are refined by interaction with one's own gender.

I dislike croaking, masculine women. I'm not saying they can't be that way, but I don't care for that affectation. I find it contrived and offputting. And the gender twisting that is going on these days (look at the video clip I posted above) just screams "mentally ill" and/or illustrates a character development that lacks for proper direction rather than progressive or enlightened consciousness.

There is nothing weak about femininity. And I don't deny that women can accomplish great things. I'm a carpenter so I'm going to reach for an analogy with which I identify: Sometimes it feels like folks are determined to use their tape measure as a hammer just to prove they can, not because it's effective or efficient.

I feel like these controversies are drummed up by people grandstanding for attention, trying to outdo one another with the next extreme outrageous antic.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:30 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

What confuses me is, if the reason the girls want to be in the Boy Scouts is because the Girl Scouts don't offer what the Boy Scouts do, why not make changes in your own organization, instead of forcing another organization to change?

Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:36 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

NWGunner wrote:
What confuses me is, if the reason the girls want to be in the Boy Scouts is because the Girl Scouts don't offer what the Boy Scouts do, why not make changes in your own organization, instead of forcing another organization to change?

Lack of volunteers.

Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Join the NRA
Firearms Policy Coalition

Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:06 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

NWGunner wrote:

You have to explain that to these twats.....I cant find the link but the want to start calling it a genderless crap in seattle...postman to post person, fireman to fireperson

Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:10 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

BadKarma wrote:
NWGunner wrote:

Lack of volunteers.

But you create a similar need for female volunteers in the Boy Scouts, as many situations will require females.

Why not just create some co-joined programs, and then supervisory volunteers are already in place?

EDITED TO ADD: my questions are somewhat rhetorical, I'm not expecting you, or anyone, to know their mindset :bigsmile:

Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:11 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

NWGunner wrote:
BadKarma wrote:
NWGunner wrote:

Lack of volunteers.

But you create a similar need for female volunteers in the Boy Scouts, as many situations will require females.

Why not just create some co-joined programs, and then supervisory volunteers are already in place?

EDITED TO ADD: my questions are somewhat rhetorical, I'm not expecting you, or anyone, to know their mindset :bigsmile:

Reach across the aisle, eh? Great idea. Addresses the points made by ehull2000, the need for co-ed activities, and preserves the integrity of the segregated organizations.

BadKarma points out a real dire situation in these programs: involved adults. When I was involved with the Sea Cadets it was common practice for parents to drive up, kick their kids to the curb - woefully ill-prepared for the planned activities - and drive off. (Many times without providing any means for contacting them should the need arise) The vast majority of parents didn't spend a MINUTE helping out in any of the activities. Pitiful.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:26 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The Girl Guides (Canada) and GSA have always been more progressive than the BSA. My own sons were not allowed to join the BSA, because the son of good friends, same age at the time as Sam, was denied membership due to his father being FTM transgender. The GSA and Girl Guides have never cared about that shit.

I bought The Dangerous Book For Boys, dug up some Girl Scout workbooks, and my boys have turned out fine. They can start a fire and knit a scarf.

FWIW, I had as a troop leader for several years a single father, and since he literally had no idea what to do with us, we went shooting, earned first aid badges, did a lot of camping, earned more badges for wilderness first aid, and did basically everything Boy Scouts did--only in jumpers.

I think the BSA is just pathetic and in desperate straits for money. They'll go under in a few years.

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun."
~Tenzin Gyatso, aka His Holiness the Dalai Lama

"We who are strong have an obligation to bear with the failings of the weak, and not to please ourselves."
~ Romans 15:1

"Ils Ont Les Armes, On Les Emmerde, On A Le Champagne!"~Charlie Hebdo, November 2015

Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3