Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Seattle: The Utopian Lie 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

OhShoot! wrote:
Rix86 wrote:
Because the majority of Seattle is the alternative lifestyle people.
The normies are outnumbered.

I think it just seems like there are more of them because they are attention whores.

That's true. I also think it's because most Seattle residents don't vote. They get the government they deserve.

Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:52 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Go people watching in Seattle.

That's...... Something

Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:04 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I hate going to my Seattle office. Bum central.

Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:25 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Wow, that video was a real eye-opener. icon_eek

That was a great video, and I have high hopes that Colion can make some shit happen.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:44 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

L_O_G wrote:

Wife and I used to go twice a year, Pike place Market or entertaining guests from out of state. Drop $500 on all sorts of stuff. It was a ritual since 1989 when I met her up until about 2015.

The last time I was in Seattle for a night out was the NFC Championship game against GB. We stayed at a downtown hotel on Sat night and attended the game on Sunday.
Dinner at the Met.
So many addicts walking back to the hotel.
Sheesh.
Never again.
Thanks Progressives! Shithole.

Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:00 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sportsdad60 wrote:
L_O_G wrote:

Wife and I used to go twice a year, Pike place Market or entertaining guests from out of state. Drop $500 on all sorts of stuff. It was a ritual since 1989 when I met her up until about 2015.

The last time I was in Seattle for a night out was the NFC Championship game against GB. We stayed at a downtown hotel on Sat night and attended the game on Sunday.
Dinner at the Met.
Sheesh.
Never again.

We were similar. However, we hadn't been downtown for a couple of years for various reasons. Two years ago, my wife had an event on the weekend downtown and I met her after for dinner. She walked from Capital Hill to 1st and Virginia - a walk that we routinely did late at night without problems 20 years ago when we lived on Capital Hill - to meet me. She said she was propositioned about 5 times and was yelled at (called bitch or whatever) another 1/2 dozen times. Swore she'd never walk in downtown Seattle again. We skipped dinner, hopped in an Uber and went home.

I go to downtown for work about once a month. Used to be I'd go out to lunch or whatever. Now, its drive in, park in my building, and drive out. Never leave the building during the day.

Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:02 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

new daddy wrote:
sportsdad60 wrote:
L_O_G wrote:

Dinner at the Met.
Sheesh.
Never again.

We were similar. However, we hadn't been downtown for a couple of years for various reasons. Two years ago, my wife had an event on the weekend downtown and I met her after for dinner. She walked from Capital Hill to 1st and Virginia - a walk that we routinely did late at night without problems 20 years ago when we lived on Capital Hill - to meet me. She said she was propositioned about 5 times and was yelled at (called bitch or whatever) another 1/2 dozen times. Swore she'd never walk in downtown Seattle again. We skipped dinner, hopped in an Uber and went home.

I go to downtown for work about once a month. Used to be I'd go out to lunch or whatever. Now, its drive in, park in my building, and drive out. Never leave the building during the day.

My Seattle facility shared a property line right next to the old "Jungle". Talk about looking at a 3rd world situation inside an urban city. Even though they have "cleaned" up the area, there is still motorhomes lining the roads, open campsites on the sides of streets, and people milling around 24 hours a day.

Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:51 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Seattle. 2nd most desirable city for travel in the USA!

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:26 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Agree with all the above, we have similar stories...

My wife likes the theatre...so, I used to get her 1 or 2 Theatre Packages in Seattle for Christmas...you know, pay a certain amount for 2 tickets to 3 or 4 shows...

Not always my fav, but some shows were pretty good.

So, that was 6 or 8 trips a year, and I would keep articles of the latest and greatest restaurants, and once the hullabaloo died down, we would have dinner there before the shows, sometimes meeting friends.

We'd hit World Spice for spices, the market for flowers & produce...

Then, the war on cars started... parking & traffic became an even bigger headache, and areas that used to be okay, became sketchier & sketchier. Cars broken into while in the theatre, etc.

So, we switched-up, and started doing matinees, Sat or Sun afternoons, lunch instead of dinner...

And the shithole just got worse & worse.

We were down to only 1 theatre package.

Then, about 4 years ago, after the last show of that season, the wife looks at me and says, "I'm okay if we don't get another theatre package".

:ROFLMAO:

Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:39 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

NWGunner wrote:

My wife likes the theatre...so, I used to get her 1 or 2 Theatre Packages in Seattle for Christmas...you know, pay a certain amount for 2 tickets to 3 or 4 shows...

So, that was 6 or 8 trips a year, and I would keep articles of the latest and greatest restaurants, and once the hullabaloo died down, we would have dinner there before the shows, sometimes meeting friends.

Then, the war on cars started... parking & traffic became an even bigger headache, and areas that used to be okay, became sketchier & sketchier. Cars broken into while in the theatre, etc.

So, we switched-up, and started doing matinees, Sat or Sun afternoons, lunch instead of dinner...

Then, about 4 years ago, after the last show of that season, the wife looks at me and says, "I'm okay if we don't get another theatre package Seattle burns to the ground".

fixd it :bigsmile:

Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:50 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pyroclastic flow. It's coming.

Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:51 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

NWGunner wrote:

Then, about 4 years ago, after the last show of that season, the wife looks at me and says, "I'm okay if we don't get another theatre package".

And the survey says......THATS A LIE. Just admit it, you are the one. :wink05:

Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:37 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

L_O_G wrote:
NWGunner wrote:

NWGunner is a closet thespian?

Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:13 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RocketScott wrote:
NWGunner is a closet thespian?

You're saying lesbian like its a bad thing.

Edit: Nevermind.

Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:36 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

L_O_G wrote:
NWGunner wrote:

Lol!

Bunch of fookers, all of ya!

Nope, not me...problem is, I've read most of the stories, so when some director tries to "make it relevant to our times", it pisses me off, 'cause they muck up the author's points in the story to make their own. Blech!

The Sherlock Holmes ones were good, and the Christmas ones are okay, but that's 'cause they know not to fuck with those :bigsmile:

And no, I'm not a closet thespian, I do all of my acting out right here :thumbsup2:

Now, a closet lesbian...

Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2