Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Playing out since 2014 in China.
Wow.
http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2018/09/18/ ... ryone.html

Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:29 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Taking social media “like button” to a whole new level.

There is a show on Netflix called “Black Mirror” that is pretty much a reincarnation of the Twilight Zone, anyways there is an episode where a gal has to have a Social Media score high enough to get into a Housing Community, this article is literally pulled from that episode and being brought to life.

Scary shit

Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:46 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The fracking dolts here will be eager to adopt much the same thing as long as they get "likes" fracking narcissists.

I am so glad I'm old.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:19 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Taking credit score to a whole new level! :thumbsup2: icon_eek

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:26 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have."

Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:54 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

couple this with cash-less society and you're done icon_eek

Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:55 pm

Semi comedy science fiction show that came out last year...

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6845666/?ref_=ttep_ep7

Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:31 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome to city 17.

Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:47 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Perhaps some of you have already been in the know on this. China is putting a plan in place to provide "Social Credits" to their citizen's everyday life by 2020. You buy things the government frowns on, speak out against the government, associate with people that they frown on, or do things that they don't approve, you lose credits. This in turn limits what you can do, buy, jobs you have, among other things. If you have enough 'good credit' you will experience rewards, such as lower bills. This is scary, and what is to stop other countries from doing the same. Below are a few links. Reminds me of an episode of The Orval where people get real time social scores, and people can up vote or down vote you. Or even the movie Eagle Eye, where our own surveillance system and phone network is used against us. I wouldn't be surprised if our .gov puts this in place and not tell people, and use it under the label of 'safety'.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 8830293294

Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:47 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This is the sort of shit that makes the people revolt and toss out "leadership".... I don't see this coming to America.

Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:50 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I automatically dismiss any video that sounds like Max Hedrom. Sorry.

"I'm Hub McCann. I've fought in two World Wars and countless smaller ones on three continents. I led thousands of men into battle with everything from horses and swords to artillery and TANKS! I've seen the headwaters of the Nile, and tribes of natives no white man had ever seen before. I've won and lost a dozen fortunes, KILLED MANY MEN! And loved only one woman, with a passion a FLEA like you could never begin to understand. That's who I am. NOW, GO HOME, BOY!"

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones". Albert Einstein 1947

Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:17 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

mcyclonegt wrote:
I automatically dismiss any video that sounds like Max Hedrom. Sorry.

The FB link I also posted above the youtube link doesn't have the transformer voice. But I know not everyone here does FB so I had to find another version. Here is an article from the Wall Street Journal, FWIW, dated back in March.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/stranger-t ... 1519900866

On the whole, seems like a slippery slope. But over in China they already control a lot of what their people do already, why not more so. Even if this doesn't come to America, the fact that a country is building an infrastructure to do so makes it a scary proposition.

Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:34 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I wonder if Google's highly reported 'giving-in' to China includes elements of this...

They backed out of helping the DOD, but are willing to do shit for China...

Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:37 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

There are zillions of cameras here and folks are happy to install them in their own houses.

I also saw the plane and read of the firm that was performing the flight.... the plane is equipped with hundreds of cameras and does low altitude canvassing of metro areas taking timed pictures. The idea is that the pictures can then be used (forensically?) to place individuals geographically when needed to investigate "crimes". (it's a real gov't program or test program... it will take me some time to dig up the citations)

the parts for this are mostly in place here. The difference being: we have happily and voluntarily brought it into our own houses and cars, you know, in the name of safety and security.

EDIT: here's a similar program using Cessnas but the plane I saw was 747-ish (still looking)

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/ap-fbi-usi ... s-over-us/

Here's a similar operation in Baltimore:

https://www.bloomberg.com/features/2016 ... veillance/

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/ch ... can-cities

Here's one over Seattle, but the plane (regularly) I saw was a jet:

http://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/13 ... e-for-days

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:22 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

There was a black mirror episode of this premise. It didn’t end very well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:10 am
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next