Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:56 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
 The MONTANA Thread! 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

In honor of Brian's impending move and in light of the emerging whackiness of MT politics I though there should be a Montana Thread highlighting Brian's move, and the good, bad and ugly he may encounter there.

Let's start with a political story:

Coupled with the gun control desires of Governor Bullock comes this candidate for ? (the story, oddly, doesn't mention the position for which she is stumping - Representative? State Senator? Spirit Circle leader?)

Kathleen Williams (never trust a Cathy, Kathy, Kat, Kathleen or etc - I married two)..

Kathleen supports treating "high" capacity magazines the same way, legally, as a "sawed off shotgun".. i.e. with a $200 tax stamp!

So, Brian, it behooves you to get east, register to vote and start fighting!

https://www.ammoland.com/2018/09/mt-can ... z5Q2xgfqGh

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Last edited by jukk0u on Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:01 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Californians have fucked up that state in a hurry.

Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:14 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Absolutely fucking terrifying in a state like Montana.

Looks like she's running for U.S. House. At the bottom of her priorities page she has this wonderful statement:

Crazy Kathy wrote:
PROTECTING SCHOOLS FROM GUN MASSACRES

Kathleen has the courage to say enough is enough; it’s time to do something about the all-too-frequent massacres in our schools.

On the campaign trail, Kathleen has talked to teachers, school staff, and students who are afraid to go to work or go to school because they don’t know if they’ll come back alive. One teacher got into an argument with a parent at a parent-teacher conference, and left school because she thought he might come back with a gun.

Kathleen’s family has shotguns and rifles, but they never felt the need to own an AR-15. Military-style rifles need to be confined to controlled environments, like machine guns are today. We also must regulate bump stocks and ensure our background check system keeps guns out of the hands of people who should not own them.

Kathleen supports the Second Amendment. She is a gun owner. But four courts have declined to extend Second Amendment protections to military-style weapons. These are firearms designed to kill and maim quickly and broadly, not hunting equipment or for self-defense.

Guns factor into domestic violence deaths. Bozeman recently witnessed gruesome murders where former partners hunted women down and shot them in their homes. Federal law protecting women from such gun violence is arbitrarily limited. The law needs to be extended to include violence committed by dating partners. Individuals killed by current dating partners make up almost half of all spouse and partner homicides. Existing federal law should also apply to convicted stalkers and others subject to a protective order. Abused husbands, parents, and siblings must also be protected.

In the Montana Legislature, Kathleen voted against bills that would have deregulated guns on college campuses and allowed people to carry guns in all bars, restaurants, and churches. In Congress, she will work with anyone to pass common sense reforms that keep our children safe from gun massacres.

"Kathleen supports the Second Amendment." :rofl9:

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:17 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
Absolutely fucking terrifying in a state like Montana.

Looks like she's running for U.S. House. At the bottom of her priorities page she has this wonderful statement:

Crazy Kathy wrote:
PROTECTING SCHOOLS FROM GUN MASSACRES

Kathleen has the courage to say enough is enough; it’s time to do something about the all-too-frequent massacres in our schools.

On the campaign trail, Kathleen has talked to teachers, school staff, and students who are afraid to go to work or go to school because they don’t know if they’ll come back alive. One teacher got into an argument with a parent at a parent-teacher conference, and left school because she thought he might come back with a gun.

Kathleen’s family has shotguns and rifles, but they never felt the need to own an AR-15. Military-style rifles need to be confined to controlled environments, like machine guns are today. We also must regulate bump stocks and ensure our background check system keeps guns out of the hands of people who should not own them.

Kathleen supports the Second Amendment. She is a gun owner. But four courts have declined to extend Second Amendment protections to military-style weapons. These are firearms designed to kill and maim quickly and broadly, not hunting equipment or for self-defense.

Guns factor into domestic violence deaths. Bozeman recently witnessed gruesome murders where former partners hunted women down and shot them in their homes. Federal law protecting women from such gun violence is arbitrarily limited. The law needs to be extended to include violence committed by dating partners. Individuals killed by current dating partners make up almost half of all spouse and partner homicides. Existing federal law should also apply to convicted stalkers and others subject to a protective order. Abused husbands, parents, and siblings must also be protected.

In the Montana Legislature, Kathleen voted against bills that would have deregulated guns on college campuses and allowed people to carry guns in all bars, restaurants, and churches. In Congress, she will work with anyone to pass common sense reforms that keep our children safe from gun massacres.

"Kathleen supports the Second Amendment." :rofl9:

Ask her to quote it and I'd bet she can't.

Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:23 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Eddie Dean wrote:

Yep. Been hunting/fishing Montana (and a land owner since 1993) since 1979.
I've watched it change for the worse like WA state.
Missoula and Bozeman are the liberal bastions of the state, because they're been indoctrinating college kids for decades.

Fortunately where we'll retire, the only liberals around are the tourist as they drive by up to GNP.

Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:21 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I might add, CA really fucked up the state when real estate tycoons started coming in and buying large ranches and such, then flip them for double the $$ or make developments.
The state reacted to this and now add a 5% Capital Gains tax for non-residents who sell their property.

Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:23 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Good news is that when we were driving in MT for labor day I didnt notice any of her campaign signs. Not just the Californians screwing this place up, also seattleites. People from Seattle started Paws Up which is 37000 acres.

Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:15 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sportsdad60 wrote:
Eddie Dean wrote:

Yep. Been hunting/fishing Montana (and a land owner since 1993) since 1979.
I've watched it change for the worse like WA state.
Missoula and Bozeman are the liberal bastions of the state, because they're been indoctrinating college kids for decades.

Fortunately where we'll retire, the only liberals around are the tourist as they drive by up to GNP.

Isn't Kalispell another bastion for the leftist kool-aid drinkers?

Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:51 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Kalispell, Big Sky, Billings, and especially Missoula are liberal magnets. UM is a liberal arts school so there you go there. Bozeman is getting worse, but MSU is still an agriculture school. They have a rodeo team, still offer agri science classes and a top of the line ferrier program to name a few. Their architecture and engineering programs are top notch too.

The problem with MT is it is a large state with little population, and it has a tough time retaining young people who grew up there. The joke when I lived there was young people was the states #1 export. People don't want to farm any more, especially since the state has been in drought conditions for years. On top of the fact out of staters coming in and buying large plots of land from struggling farmers.

A lot of out of staters going to post secondary school enjoy the cheaper cost of schooling, and enjoy the area. Chalk it up to educational indoctrination if you want, which should be called weak ass parenting and lack of family influence/core values. But when the jobs of the state are changing so will its population.

Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:35 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I lived in Missoula for 10 years. Moved out in 2001. Back then the liberals were getting started. Protesting the paper mill I worked at, restricting hunters all the usual feel good things that don’t mean anything. Went back a few years ago for a visit and it looked like a mini Seattle.

Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:47 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Flathead Valley has trended red since Obummer was elected. It's known for its fierce libertarianism. On rural highways, bumper stickers mocking President Obama are still very common, and so are the random billboards listing the Ten Commandments.
Even the radio stations are dominated by Christian and conservative stations.
When I was invited to a gathering of men on a Saturday morning at the local bowling alley from my best friend and neighbor in MT (and yes, he's black), these 70 or so that showed up for the 7am sermon by what I call a "Light" preacher. They have a 9am sermon that draws as many heads.

The preach compares the events in the world and aligns them to whats written in the bible, tells good clean jokes, everyone is encouraged to stand up at the beginning and call for a prayer to folks that cancer, medical issues, perhaps families who lost loved ones. This 'stand up' by the community can run sometimes 15 min.

I am not terribly religious, call me Agnostic if you will, I believe 'something' made us, and I think the christian bible is a good "reference' to keep people on the straight and narrow however I didn't feel any pressure at all from these guys. They're all family people, hunters, businessmen, black, white, brown.

THey call themselves "The Dirt Bags" (a term they coined before "Deplorables" became popular)
Here is a link to an article about them. http://www.whitefishpilot.com/bigforkea ... 3aad1.html

Lets just say every time we go to the Flathead Valley we feel as this is our home.
We are 'coming home'.

Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:18 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Montana is a beautiful state. No doubt about that. I spent many days wandering the remote areas and would go back in a second.

Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:41 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Missoula city gov't, citing "gun" violence as a national "public healt emergency" bans guns at city council meeting (good, they're skeered of the public. Just as the founders wanted it) in public buildings, or places of public assembly, parks and more...

https://gundynamics.com/articles/montan ... lace-video

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:25 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Any decent gopher hunting around your new digs, Sportsdad? :bigsmile:

That's been my new thing the last 2-3 years. Trolling around shooting those little menaces. Always looking for new territory to access/explore.

So, when does that "Old enough to know better" shit kick in???
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:07 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Re: Gopher-Not around us. Plenty of bear though.
Popsted on the Montana Nationalists FB page, there was a 3 mile long to see Trump yesterday. People showed up for support in Missoula because they know that "Missoulifornia" is the scorage of the state.

Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:07 am
Reply to topic   [ 166 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next