Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:34 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next
 The MONTANA Thread! 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

They have a local auction online every 2 weeks. I got about $3000 invested so far this year. LOL!
Best part is, it is 24 min away, and we get to look over the items before bidding.

This past Mon, I lost a bid (my max was $700) for a SAKO FORESTER RIFLE 308 W/ LEUPOLD 2X7 VARI-X II. 98% condition. Always wanted a Sako with a Mannlicher stock. It sold for $920. GAH! :thumbsdown: However, I need another rifle like I need a hole in the head. Too many rifles not shot enough as it is.

Scores!
Some .250 dia 100 grain Nosler bullets (100 count) for my Savage 250-3000- $32
2000 sm rifle primers (mentioned in the reloading discussion area) -$160 for 2000
200 rds of 22 LR - $23
48" 1925 Hand Saw -$42
Nautilus 112 lb max dumbbells (Inspire by LOG and his garage gym, time to start getting back in shape!)- $420
Nice heavy duty bench for work outs. -$52
A Coors beer sign (Works) -$20
A Rainer beer sign (Needs a florescent bulb) -$20

48" 1925 Hand Saw hung on our MIL shed for guests, close up and distance photos

Nautilus dumbbells. Not the recall ones[/img]

[b]Body Craft multiple position Work out bench

Coors sign

Rainier Beer sign

Wed Aug 11, 2021 3:18 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Montana preacher being sued and legally persecuted for 'misgendering' a man... a woman... fuck it...

https://mailchi.mp/571bc25c2f57/an-urge ... christians

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:36 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Our Texas friends went on a charter with us yesterday on Flathead seeking Lake Trout.
It was a fact-finding mission for me as I am new to downriggers and getting my boat set up for this type of fishing.

I learned a lot.

4 fish caught in 1/2 day charter, my wife's was the biggest naturally, (8 lbs) she always outfishes me.

Last edited by sportsdad60 on Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Sep 09, 2021 6:48 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That’s the way to learn, the Pro’s know the ropes. My daughter has a habit of doing that too. :bigsmile:
I’ve been fishing Downriggers in the lakes for in a while, let me know if you have any questions.
What brand of releases did the guide use?

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:57 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Caveman Jim wrote:
That’s the way to learn, the Pro’s know the ropes. My daughter has a habit of doing that too. :bigsmile:
I’ve been fishing Downriggers in the lakes for in a while, let me know if you have any questions.
What brand of releases did the guide use?

I believe it is a Tigress but he said it comes with more than what the picture below shows, remove it that stainless that goes through the center and just use the release.
This link shows the Tigress, and his is pictured below.
https://www.westmarine.com/buy/tigress- ... p--4851275

Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:24 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Jim, here was a typical set up. The rest of the pics are bait holders or artificial lures. He ran 4 down riggers with dodgers/flashers and bait holders and two poles with flashers/diver-type Rapalas on "the surface" which is 50 feet down.

We trolled for the lakers between 75 and 150 ft deep (this time of year)

Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:30 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Jim, do you know the common name for last photo, the chartreuse bait holder? It just takes a slice of bait, smashes it clam shell style, with a little rubber ring at the back end to keep it closed.

Edit, I found it, Brads Super Bait cut plug.

Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:55 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Holy smokes! Went to the Kalispell gun show. At LEAST 4 times the size of the Puyallup gun show!

$5 to get in.

Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:30 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sportsdad60 wrote:
Holy smokes! Went to the Kalispell gun show. At LEAST 4 times the size of the Puyallup gun show!

$5 to get in.

Lucky dog.... :bow:

So what did you get? :popcorn:

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:41 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sportsdad60 wrote:
Jim, do you know the common name for last photo, the chartreuse bait holder? It just takes a slice of bait, smashes it clam shell style, with a little rubber ring at the back end to keep it closed.

Edit, I found it, Brads Super Bait cut plug.

Sorry I didn’t check back with you sooner, you’re correct Brad’s super bait cut plug. They come in various sizes, I even use the small ones for Kokanee.
I’ve never seen those releases but they are definitely a cut above the Scotty’s or cannons grip type releases. I use the Chamberlain releases (with stackers) exclusively. :wink05:

https://www.downriggerrelease.com/

Attachment:
0CE518DA-E899-4E1E-A288-EC99E86B4602.jpeg

Here’s my typical Kokanee/trout setups. They are 4.5” dodgers, small smilie blades, mini hoochies or spin n glos with #2 or 4 double hook leaders.

Attachment:
4929314B-A120-48E9-94EE-73A9F83E6946.jpeg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:

Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:01 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sportsdad60 wrote:

$5 to get in.

One of these days…:bow: :bow: :bow:

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:

Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:05 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

usrifle wrote:
sportsdad60 wrote:

$5 to get in.

Lucky dog.... :bow:

So what did you get? :popcorn:

Wife got a Glock 19x, but from our local FFL, cheaper than the gun show after we left there.
She's graduated from a revolver to a semi-auto.

Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:41 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Caveman Jim wrote:

Here’s my typical Kokanee/trout setups. They are 4.5” dodgers, small smilie blades, mini hoochies or spin n glos with #2 or 4 double hook leaders.

Attachment:

That looks like a Koke slayer set up!

Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:43 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Funny "Law Round up" calls this week in the Valley.

A man called the Whitefish Police Department after a man driving a black car with New Jersey plates followed him and his wife home. The driver of the New Jersey vehicle then approached the man and told him that “God told him to follow them.” When the man asked the driver to leave, he did so in a peaceful manner. But the interaction left the husband and wife uncomfortable.

A man wearing a black cap, blue shorts and gray hoodie was seen staggering around for about an hour before he found a picnic table to rest on.

Someone reported several children between the ages of 5 and 10 were running around the park at night without adult supervision. When an officer responded, there were at least two adults with the kids and everything appeared to be OK.

A pedestrian called after smelling a foul, “dead” odor while walking near the train trestle. She was concerned it wasn’t just an animal because of the transient camps in the area. But an investigating officer determined the source of the odor was a dead deer.

A woman called to cancel any emergency services after her child pushed an emergency button in the vehicle while they were parked in the driveway.

A dispatcher heard a man talking about Americans and bad presidents during an accidental 911 call.

Someone reported a black bear with two cubs on Baker Ave., just north of a fitness center.

Another bear was seen going through trash cans. Fortunately, it was not acting aggressive.

[b]Someone said it was too early for drivers to honk their horns at the protesters.[/b]

A woman said two 12-year-olds served her “the bird” after she yelled at them for driving their remote controlled cars on the street at speeds she said were too fast.

A vacationing Louisiana woman called to report an incident in which she and her fiance had argued while throwing dishes and other items at each other. She said when he came at her earlier, she “grabbed his testicles and twisted hard.” He later left in their rental car.

Someone reported kids were drinking inside two vehicles which were parked in front of her house. She said they were making a lot of noise and she was worried about them driving recklessly. When an officer stopped the vehicle, the driver’s blood alcohol level was 0.00.

Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:10 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sportsdad60 wrote:
Caveman Jim wrote:

Attachment:

That looks like a Koke slayer set up!

They work great on landlocked silver’s, anything green will catch them.
Kokanee like other colors the most, red, pink, orange and blue.

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:

Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:20 am
Reply to topic   [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next