Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:24 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 464 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 31  Next
 The OK Thread! 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Gov signed that we can use our CPL in place of a NICS check. You still need to fill out the 4473, but it doesn't get called in.

Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:06 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... -mask.html

(Norman is lib town)

'It's not ok for kids to commit murder': Oklahoma (Norman) school board member claims pupils who don't wear masks could kill their classmates as she begs her district to defy state governor's ban on mask mandates

Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:02 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You OK, Chuck?

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:07 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Not me I'm a Subie guy.

Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:41 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

There's a third Costco in OK, now, one in Tulsa, the other two north and south of OK City.

https://www.costco.com/warehouse-locations
https://www.costco.com/warehouse-locati ... -1444.html

Sun Aug 15, 2021 12:41 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

golddigger14s wrote:
Not me I'm a Subie guy.

SUBARU?
WTF?
if you Served in the military and you train the military and you LIVE in OK you drive a focking truck, Chuck!!!
Kiss my Japanese car ass Chuck! BUY A TRUCK!

Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:42 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

OK, you supply me a camper to pull?

Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:26 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

golddigger14s wrote:

That Subie won't pull nothing but a golf cart trailer. :bigsmile:

Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:27 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sportsdad60 wrote:
golddigger14s wrote:

That Subie won't pull nothing but a golf cart trailer. :bigsmile:

....And the truck please. (Diesel BTW with 20+ MPg).

Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:29 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021 ... ns-states/

so we are in a blue state now?

Fri Aug 20, 2021 6:47 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

https://neonnettle.com/news/16393-oklah ... om-taliban

An Oklahoma mom has flown into terrorist-seized Afghanistan and rescued ten Afghan girls from the Taliban, according to reports.

Allyson Reneau, 60, went on a rescue mission to save Afghanistan's all-girls robotics team after reports of a Taliban takeover prompted fears over their safety.

Reneau was on the board of directors for Explore Mars when the organization flew the Afghan Girls Robotic Team to its annual Humans to Mars Conference in 2019. The mother of 11 told Today that she "immediately connected" with the group of girls - who are ages 16 to 18 - and has kept in touch with them over the years.

Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:12 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It is nice to get out of the big city and off the interstate. And don't go to chains.

I have found some nice places to get a bite to eat and it is like going back in time decades. All of them have counter space to eat at, unlike some of the chains like iHop who have removed counter space and even have partitions between booths. A lot of stuff in OK wouldn't fly in blue states, but that is how it used to be decades ago.

Was by one health food place talking about COVID and the person said a nutritional doctor helps many people in town. I asked if this was a medical doctor, and this person said no, but is highly regarded in town. I asked about ivermectin, and this person said being in a rural area that they would certainly use the paste and mouth injector on animals but it would also be used for common personal ailments that humans had; hey, it worked. This person said that blue states think that people from Oklahoma are just a bunch of dumb hicks but I said there is a level of intelligence to deal with raising food in austere conditions and making things work.

I told this person about my experience in Afghanistan where they wanted us to take Larium weekly, which in the medical data sheet said 5% or under may experience some psychosis, and I read about wormwood being a good parasite killer. This is what I used as a an anti-malaria prophylactic while in Afghanistan instead of Larium.

Went to a feed store and they had ivermectin behind glass. I asked about it and the person asked if it was for an animal or for COVID and I said COVID. The person said the mouth injection that people want is all gone and they are cleaned out and they don't know if/when they will get more. A local nearby veterinarian said it is the same molecule as the human form and says you can use it on humans for therapy.

Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:23 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I've been looking for care options since this new illness seems to come on mild on the onset, but more ferocious later on.

I went to some local natropaths and spoke with them.

They are limited in the state of OK, so they cannot write a prescription (like for ivermectin) or inject, unlike the WA state licensed natropath I was going to, so they recommended finding a local doctor. Probably not a young one who does not know the Hippocratic Oath.

In OK, if a doctor writes a prescription and the pharmacy has the drug, the pharmacist MUST issue the drug.

There was a great abundance of ivermectin from feed and building supply stores but it has all dried up. The theraputic effects of this drug were well known and it has always been known as safe.

One item recommended by Front Line Doctors has been the colloidal silver nose spray. The vendor cannot obtain or sell it anymore (FDA?) since they said druggies can use it. But he can sell the empty bottle and colloidal silver in a bottle.

Also N-Acetyl Cysteine (NAC) looks like it will be required in January to be prescribed by a doctor so get yours now. Looks like it is disappearing from the shelves here.

Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:18 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

From the article, "Oklahoma is the wild west of weed".

https://www.news9.com/story/6156814d8fb66345e88989eb/oklahomas-explosive-growth-of-marijuana-affecting-farmers-says-agricultural-associations--

OKLAHOMA CITY - Agricultural groups say the rapid growth of Oklahoma’s Medical (really recreational) Marijuana industry is “fundamentally changing” rural parts of the state.

As of Thursday, 8,857 grow licenses are active in Oklahoma, up from, 5,971 on Sept. 1, 2020, according to OMMA.

Oklahoma’s current total surpasses the 8,254 cultivation licenses active in California, according to the California Department of Cannabis Control.

Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:21 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Rural Oklahoma highways are crazy. There are no ramps. The speed limit is 65, and the average speed is 70-75mph, with 85-90 not uncommon.

I do appreciate that I can commute 30 miles in less than 30 minutes....but getting on the highway at dark-30, in the rain, in a 20+ year old mini-van with old tires and older eyes is a damn nut check. Tomorrow's my Friday, so I'd better get some new tires on my weekend! It also might be time to consider a different commuter vehicle.

Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 464 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 31  Next