Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:42 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 464 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 31  Next
 The OK Thread! 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I still have a house in WA. If I sell it will pay for my OK house. My wife wants to go back to PNW.

Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:50 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Went to Oklahoma City yesterday for the first time. I went unmasked in SeaTac no one approached me. Landed in OKC and I'm the only one unmasked. OK.

I went to several places, first Wal Mart to get some water. A Somali looking woman uttered something about me and I said "Medical!". Went to get my water. No one said anything. Why am I the only one not wearing a mask?

So I meet my first work day with a friend I haven't seen in over ten years. He calms me down. He says lots of people don't wear masks. Well I said WHERE? I asked him why he wears a mask. No answer. He said it is a local/state ordinance but no one does anything about it, zero have been arrested. I asked then WHY don't you all take your masks OFF? They can't arrest everyone and they don't arrest ANYONE. WHY?

IS THIS NOT A RED STATE?

Went to a few more places. Well Acadamy must be like Sportsmans Warehouse, right? That is the highest percentage on non mask wearers I've ever seen in Washington State. Crowded at Acadamy and everyone is masked. I walk up and greet people, since I've been told Oklahomans are friendly. Why are you wearing a mask? Well I agree with you but I'm scared. OF WHAT? I'm not wearing a mask! Do you want this place to turn into Seattle?

Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:56 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jackass wrote:
Went to Oklahoma City yesterday for the first time. I went unmasked in SeaTac no one approached me. Landed in OKC and I'm the only one unmasked. OK.

I went to several places, first Wal Mart to get some water. A Somali looking woman uttered something about me and I said "Medical!". Went to get my water. No one said anything. Why am I the only one not wearing a mask?

So I meet my first work day with a friend I haven't seen in over ten years. He calms me down. He says lots of people don't wear masks. Well I said WHERE? I asked him why he wears a mask. No answer. He said it is a local/state ordinance but no one does anything about it, zero have been arrested. I asked then WHY don't you all take your masks OFF? They can't arrest everyone and they don't arrest ANYONE. WHY?

IS THIS NOT A RED STATE?

Went to a few more places. Well Acadamy must be like Sportsmans Warehouse, right? That is the highest percentage on non mask wearers I've ever seen in Washington State. Crowded at Acadamy and everyone is masked. I walk up and greet people, since I've been told Oklahomans are friendly. Why are you wearing a mask? Well I agree with you but I'm scared. OF WHAT? I'm not wearing a mask! Do you want this place to turn into Seattle?

Well if you are working on a military post you will be wearing a mask most of the time. All on post facilities they are required.

Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:09 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yeah, there are some battles I cannot fight like: (1) at work, (2) on an airplane, and (3) property owner that requests a mask. That's ok.

But I was expecting something better. I get a lot of, we agree with you but we don't want to do anything.

Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:12 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jackass wrote:
Yeah, there are some battles I cannot fight like: (1) at work, (2) on an airplane, and (3) property owner that requests a mask. That's ok.

But I was expecting something better. I get a lot of, we agree with you but we don't want to do anything.

I have lunch about once a week at a restaurant that has a sign on the door that basically says we don't care about masks. Guess who frequents this place? COPS.

Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:15 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jackass wrote:

When I was there in August I only wore a mask in a few national chains that require it. Walmart, Walgreens... I think those were the only two.

Studying for my Liberal Arts degree at Evergreen College.

YouTube taught me, just like everybody else.

Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:53 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QT has signs but less than 25% wear them Tulsa Had to go back to the truck to get a mask and relized they didnt care

Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:39 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

We donated.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:27 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sportsdad60 wrote:
We donated.

Send cash in my direction. CA is too far gone.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:37 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I don't know if there are more churches or cannabis shops in Oklahoma City.

They seem to have as many as Seattle or Everett.

And it's just medical marijuana for now.

Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:47 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jackass wrote:
I don't know if there are more churches or cannabis shops in Oklahoma City.

They seem to have as many as Seattle or Everett.

And it's just medical marijuana for now.

College town. Check out Bellingham

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:16 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Went to Tinker AFB for the first time. Checked out the commissary which is in stones throw of the main gate. Weird, there were a few people maskless outside. Had some resisters inside the commissary, who wore partial coverings (nose uncovered).

If you are forced to wear a mask, express your displeasure by writing something on the front. Sort of like writing FTA on your helmet while deployed. You know, "Fun, Travel, Adventure" which was once the advertising slogan, right? I just want to extend the advertising.

Went to Costco, they apply the same rules as WA state, so a face shield and not a mask is ok. Had a decent coffee selection, unlike Iowa which was atrocious.

Went to BassPro in OKC. Finally there was a significant percentage of people not wearing masks. Some had the neck gaiters but not pulled up. They need to get rid of them entirely.

Went Wal Mart, Bass Pro, Academy. Decent amount of guns, very, very little ammo. Components and powder almost non-existent.

Sat Dec 05, 2020 5:33 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jackass wrote:
Went to Tinker AFB for the first time. Checked out the commissary which is in stones throw of the main gate. Weird, there were a few people maskless outside. Had some resisters inside the commissary, who wore partial coverings (nose uncovered).

If you are forced to wear a mask, express your displeasure by writing something on the front. Sort of like writing FTA on your helmet while deployed. You know, "Fun, Travel, Adventure" which was once the advertising slogan, right? I just want to extend the advertising.

Went to Costco, they apply the same rules as WA state, so a face shield and not a mask is ok. Had a decent coffee selection, unlike Iowa which was atrocious.

Went to BassPro in OKC. Finally there was a significant percentage of people not wearing masks. Some had the neck gaiters but not pulled up. They need to get rid of them entirely.

Went Wal Mart, Bass Pro, Academy. Decent amount of guns, very, very little ammo. Components and powder almost non-existent.

Ass Pro.....No.......!!!!!!!!

Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:51 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

golddigger14s wrote:
jackass wrote:

Ass Pro.....No.......!!!!!!!!

What? It's the same as Cabela's, they just embrace the Ass part. Kinda like Cabela's pricing.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:13 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Cabelas has gone down a bigger drain since Ass Pro took over.

Sun Dec 06, 2020 12:39 am
Reply to topic   [ 464 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 31  Next