Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:29 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 2370 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140 ... 158  Next
 Good News - Bad News Thread 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Couldn't resist, yeah clogs and kicky boxing

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Fri Jul 15, 2022 4:50 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sportsdad60 wrote:
Good news. Took our first paying clients who are VRBO'ing our neighbors house on our boat to Wild Horse Island for a hike. We do this weekly anyway so why not invite paying clients for the trip?

Good news, we made the hike (wife and I did our normal goat climb and clients did their own thing)

Bad news. Yamaha 150 was running rough upon approaching shoreline.

We arrived back at the boat before clients and started brainstorming. Main engine would start but run rough. Then I notices some ever-so-faint blue smoke whisp.

Fuel ⛽️ contamination? When we topped off the tank 3 days before I filled up the truck with diesel. Wife said "hey red handle next to it, let's fill up the boat too". I did, and dint read the label. I put 10 gallons of red diesel into my 24 gal boat tank.

Good news, our friend just happened to have his 24 ft Ebbtide 15 min from Wild Horse Island. I had a tow rope (risk management) and he towed us 3/4 mile back to our neighbor dock.

We waived the fee for our clients but they insisted and paid for the trip.

More good news, Tommy, my boat mechanic 1 mile down the road said he'll drain the tank and lines, put fresh gas in and check the engine.."unlikely any damage to the engine due to the mixture ratio" and the fact we went slow over to Wild Horse.

I get the dumbass award of the year!

Update: Got the boat back today. $460 dollar lesson to READ THE FARKING PUMP, DON'T ASSUME.

Boat guy said "you did nothing but really lubricate the inside of the engine really good with 50/50 gasoline/diesel."
He removed/disposed of, 24 gallons of gas/diesel, flushed the system, replaced internal fuel filter, Water fuel separator, added 5 gallons of gas, took it down to the boat dock and got her bottom wet and ran the engine. Everything okay. WHEW!

Tomorrow we're going lake trout fishing on The Flathead (out our back door) and checking all systems before heading for our annual 10 day Ft. Peck walleye trip. Going to downrigger for some King salmon too. Yeah, Ft. Peck has Kings!

Tue Jul 19, 2022 2:36 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Great news Brian! I think you got off cheap. :bigsmile:
Go slay some fish and forget about it
:thumbsup2:

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Tue Jul 19, 2022 5:04 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Good to hear Brian.

Tue Jul 19, 2022 5:37 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Bad news: Wife's new hip $65K

Good news: My co-pay is $200
:bigsmile:

Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:37 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Good: Got some much-needed rain.

Bad: Now I have to cut the grass!

Sat Sep 03, 2022 10:52 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

golddigger14s wrote:
Bad news: Wife's new hip $65K

Good news: My co-pay is $200
:bigsmile:

I still work for Madigan. I say this everyday at work; Thank God for TRI-Care. People complain about it, but not about the bill. Hope all goes well with the wife's surgery.

There are times when the situation as it occurs, dictates the course of actions that follow.

"I stand for the National Anthem, always have, always will"

On days like this, I often wonder what Gary Gordon and Randy Shughart would do...

Sat Sep 03, 2022 8:00 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

How about bad news/good news?
I watched a neighbor die today..... I saw him literally 10-20 mins before he collapsed on his porch, i got alerted by the other neighbor screaming.

The community came together multiple neighbors had CPR training, every one stepped in. Honestly he was gone when i first saw him, but he had the best chance since he passed out in the front yard while his neighbors were reroofing and another had brought him dinner minutes earlier.

Even though i have basic CPR training, it was already handled so instead i guided the ambulances in. The GF has dealt with a lot of this being a caregiver so she helped with the neighbor who was pretty upset about the deal

I love this neighborhood everyone is close and shares tools or leftovers

Mon Sep 05, 2022 9:27 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Good news: I found him before he could cause any trouble.
Bad news: He didn't live very long. :bigsmile:
Attachment:
IMG_0357.JPG

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Sep 06, 2022 5:03 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

shaggy wrote:
How about bad news/good news?
I watched a neighbor die today..... I saw him literally 10-20 mins before he collapsed on his porch, i got alerted by the other neighbor screaming.

The community came together multiple neighbors had CPR training, every one stepped in. Honestly he was gone when i first saw him, but he had the best chance since he passed out in the front yard while his neighbors were reroofing and another had brought him dinner minutes earlier.

Even though i have basic CPR training, it was already handled so instead i guided the ambulances in. The GF has dealt with a lot of this being a caregiver so she helped with the neighbor who was pretty upset about the deal

I love this neighborhood everyone is close and shares tools or leftovers

I'm sorry to hear that. Very cool that the neighbors did all they could to help, most neighbors don't even know each other anymore.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Tue Sep 06, 2022 5:20 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

usrifle wrote:

I'm sorry to hear that. Very cool that the neighbors did all they could to help, most neighbors don't even know each other anymore.

The last 5 years everyone has really come togather, everyone has started lending a hand, loaning tools and really looking after each other. It's wild.

My neighbor that was broken up about it is a stay at home mom with HS aged kids, and she looked after this guy, even dropped off dinner 15 mins or so before he collapsed. We are all looking after her now since this hit her hard.

Tue Sep 06, 2022 8:06 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

shaggy wrote:
usrifle wrote:

The last 5 years everyone has really come togather, everyone has started lending a hand, loaning tools and really looking after each other. It's wild.

My neighbor that was broken up about it is a stay at home mom with HS aged kids, and she looked after this guy, even dropped off dinner 15 mins or so before he collapsed. We are all looking after her now since this hit her hard.

Sounds like a great neighborhood! It used to be like that in the old days, but i'm glad to hear it still exists in places. God bless your neighbor for being there for him, and the same for you and the other neighbors that are there for her now.
:bow:

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Tue Sep 06, 2022 8:19 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Good: Having 3 acres that I can shoot on.
Bad: Cutting the grass even with a riding mower even just 1 acre. I'm worn out.

Sun Sep 11, 2022 1:37 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

good news,
about an hr ago, paying for groceries when I see a guy with a basket just walk out the door, was like WTF, yelled hey and next thing you know 3 guys running off to him I get done paying and walk out they got him in arm arrest one guy got the basket just then 2 more come running out, I pointed to his truck,

bad news they let the fucker go and he drove off

Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:34 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Good news....Just tried Five Guys burger joint for the first time Damn good burger and the fries are killer
Bad news....They are about a 35-40 min. drive from me

Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:18 am
Reply to topic   [ 2370 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140 ... 158  Next