Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:03 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 2312 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 155  Next
 The WTF Thread? What makes you go: Wait, WHAT?! 
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Arisaka wrote:
WaJim wrote:
Rix86 wrote:
Oh it'll be stripped threads, but it's not the fault of the aluminum heads, it's installation.
I can count the number of times I've seen this in Toyotaland in the past 20+ years on one hand. Nearly no iron heads. All aluminum.

Aluminum = Heat transfer=no ping on shit 10% plus alcohol gasoline = more expense for customers= aluminum plug fail when two or more valve seats are close or abutting plug hole.

=

Asshole governments that could give two shits about engine longevity vs fuel economy which is crazy shit because they live off the tax they make per gallon of fuel.

I'm Cornfused

Better cornfused than cornholed, my friend.

Prollem is Volumetric Efficiency =BTU heat produced by combustion converted to motion is higher when heat from combustion is transfered into rotational energy during combustion and NOT transferring it to cooling....but due to detonation of fuel during combustion and erosion of valve seats the 10% or more alcohol fuel doesn't like incensed compression+heat=BTU.

The Engine....It PINGS!

Ping is pre ignition of volatile fuel before the complete compression process,,,before the spark plug fires

The On Board computer immediately dumps ignition timing To counteract the PRE-ignition

This is called retarding THE TIMING,

I'm sorry and not to be non-PC but retarding the timing removes ......acceleration.

This in turn results in bad fuel economy, google catch 22

Yeah ....lets keep putting a CORN product in our fuel tanks......

Frikken STUPID

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:45 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Rix86 wrote:
Oh it'll be stripped threads, but it's not the fault of the aluminum heads, it's installation.
I can count the number of times I've seen this in Toyotaland in the past 20+ years on one hand. Nearly no iron heads. All aluminum.

What's the fix?
Threaded insert?
She doesn't have money and doesn't want to take it to a dealer.

My 2002 Duramax has aluminum heads, Cummins guys said they would melt after 10,000 miles.
Still waiting. Hahahaha

Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:07 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Guntrader wrote:
Rix86 wrote:

What's the fix?
Threaded insert?

My 2002 Duramax has aluminum heads, Cummins guys said they would melt after 10,000 miles.
Still waiting. Hahahaha

Time-Sert or Helicoil... I've seen both work amazing.... and both fail..

Follow the instructions.

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:02 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Guntrader wrote:
Rix86 wrote:

What's the fix?
Threaded insert?

Still waiting. Hahahaha

I had to use one of these on an old kawasaki head:

https://www.jpcycles.com/product/911-632/v-twin-manufacturing-heli-coil-sav-a-thread

I removed the head to drill it. Not sure if you could get away with drilling it in the vehicle. Maybe grease up the drill bit and tap to catch the shavings

Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:28 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Time-cert
Then offload stupid Ford escape as quick as possible

Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:15 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

WaJim wrote:
Rix86 wrote:

Aluminum = Heat transfer=no ping on shit 10% plus alcohol gasoline = more expense for customers= aluminum plug fail when two or more valve seats are close or abutting plug hole.

=

Asshole governments that could give two shits about engine longevity vs fuel economy which is crazy shit because they live off the tax they make per gallon of fuel.

I'm Cornfused

Uh....
Wut?

Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:17 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:08 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

'Revolutionary' flashlight uses a water activated fuel cell.... yet is touted on the TV commercial as being waterproof.
Figure a little water may be good to keep it running.

https://www.amazon.com/Hydralight-Flash ... B076JJSJ97

Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:56 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

WaJim wrote:
Arisaka wrote:
WaJim wrote:
Rix86 wrote:

=

I'm Cornfused

Better cornfused than cornholed, my friend.

Prollem is Volumetric Efficiency =BTU heat produced by combustion converted to motion is higher when heat from combustion is transfered into rotational energy during combustion and NOT transferring it to cooling....but due to detonation of fuel during combustion and erosion of valve seats the 10% or more alcohol fuel doesn't like incensed compression+heat=BTU.

The Engine....It PINGS!

Ping is pre ignition of volatile fuel before the complete compression process,,,before the spark plug fires

The On Board computer immediately dumps ignition timing To counteract the PRE-ignition

This is called retarding THE TIMING,

I'm sorry and not to be non-PC but retarding the timing removes ......acceleration.

This in turn results in bad fuel economy, google catch 22

Yeah ....lets keep putting a CORN product in our fuel tanks......

Frikken STUPID

https://www.pure-gas.org/index.jsp?stateprov=WA

$1.90 here in OK BTW. :bigsmile:

Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:06 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Guntrader wrote:
'Revolutionary' flashlight uses a water activated fuel cell.... yet is touted on the TV commercial as being waterproof.

Except the replacement fuel cells cost how much?

Once activated, you can't stop the reaction, so it keeps going.

Instead of a battery lasting 6 months because you use the flashlight 10 mins once a week, you have 2 days. Period. and it's done.

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:19 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:
Guntrader wrote:

Instead of a battery lasting 6 months because you use the flashlight 10 mins once a week, you have 2 days. Period. and it's done.

The ad I just saw on TV says that when the "battery" dries out you just get it wet again....repeat.

Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:25 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

golddigger14s wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:
Guntrader wrote:

The ad I just saw on TV says that when the "battery" dries out you just get it wet again....repeat.

You can only do it 2 or 3 times....

A guy that does 'as seen on TV' product reviews reviewed it, and it sucked..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uc5npvDaDlk

Thomas Paine wrote:

Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:29 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have a lot of rechargeable/non-rechargeable batteries, and solar stuff I'm not worried. But hey with the rain you guys have a water light might be a good idea. :bigsmile:

Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:20 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

https://www.thenewstribune.com/news/loc ... 56730.html
"A Tacoma woman has caused a social media firestorm after telling the mother of a disabled child to put her girl “out of her misery.”"
How can anybody be that vile?

Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:54 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Rix86 wrote:
WaJim wrote:
Rix86 wrote:

=

I'm Cornfused

Uh....
Wut?

Incensed combustion was supposed to be INCREASED.

Aluminum heads will remove combustion heat from the chamber better than cast iron.....less apt to ping/detonate.

An Iron head on an engine with same combustion chamber will net more BTU and pressure because the inverse is true.

But you'll have to run a fuel with a higher octane number to keep the combustion process from pre-ignition.

An iron headed race engine will have a sharper tone to the exhaust than an aluminum......same with Diesel engine design.

The new diesels use aluminum alloy head, anyone can hear the difference between an older Dodge with a cummins and a newer chevrolet duramax.

Aluminum is a better heat sink than cast iron.

it also quells pre ignition.

Ever wonder why all the late model cars have plastic intake manifolds....?

It isn't because they're cheaper....they may be, but.

Its all about intake reversion and pulse.....and which plenum disturbs intake flow the least.

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2312 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 155  Next