Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:13 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 683 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 46  Next
 Netflix shows that don't suck 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

AVOID the film "The American." Horrible.

I suffered thru "The American" this week, on Netflix, staring George Clooney. I suspected correctly that it would be atrocious, and it was. The only redeeming quality which you can skip thru the film to see is some very generous female nudity... The gun stuff is so poorly done.

Clooney plays an assassin, who kills one guy sent to kill him. Clooney, armed with a PPK, and the assassin armed with some long gun. Clooney of course doesn't take the superior weapon from dead assassin #1, but then stalks assassin #2 and gets him with the same anemic PPK. Later, Clooney mail orders and receives a disassembled Mini 14 and painstakingly assembles it. In Italy, no less. No explanation on how he acquires a bunch of ammo or other key parts. He calls it an M14. Then he builds and threads a silencer from common parts in found in an auto garage.

Some other atrociously bad gun stuff. Test fires the gun something like 5 times and calls it good, which apparently was enough to test accuracy and reliability and dial in the scope. Late in the film, something really really dumb happens with the rifle. I'll leave the spoiler in case you want to torture yourself. Among the worst "serious" films using guns as a main device. "The Assassin" is truly remarkable at how bad it is.

Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:24 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yeah, "The American" was terrible. Don't bother.

Even the 3rd season of "Shooter" is starting to lose me. More Hollywood-style operating and gunplay. You really have to suspend disbelief, which is difficult for me. Maybe I just need to stick to non-fiction/documentaries.

Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:59 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The wife has started watching Nurse Jackie lately.
I find it mildly entertaining

Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:58 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Guns4Liberty wrote:
Even the 3rd season of "Shooter" is starting to lose me. More Hollywood-style operating and gunplay. You really have to suspend disbelief, which is difficult for me. Maybe I just need to stick to non-fiction/documentaries.

That, along with the shaky camera that gives some of us motion sickness are a real bummer. It could have been such a good show...

Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:50 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sportsdad60 wrote:
The wife has started watching Nurse Jackie lately.
I find it mildly entertaining

She definitely has zero fucks to give.

"I'm Hub McCann. I've fought in two World Wars and countless smaller ones on three continents. I led thousands of men into battle with everything from horses and swords to artillery and TANKS! I've seen the headwaters of the Nile, and tribes of natives no white man had ever seen before. I've won and lost a dozen fortunes, KILLED MANY MEN! And loved only one woman, with a passion a FLEA like you could never begin to understand. That's who I am. NOW, GO HOME, BOY!"

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones". Albert Einstein 1947

Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:08 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Not Netflix but upcoming movies.

Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:53 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Trying to enjoy Designated Survivor. Was doingbgood until they suddenly started in on gun control. One lie and bullshit story after another. Fake news and misinformation pissing me off.

"A nation grown free in a single day is a child born with the limbs and the vigour of a man, who would take a drawn sword for his rattle, and set the house in a blaze that he might chuckle over the splendour." Sydney Smith (1771-1845)
Spoiler: show
NOW YOU DID IT...
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:32 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

A.O. wrote:
Trying to enjoy Designated Survivor. Was doingbgood until they suddenly started in on gun control. One lie and bullshit story after another. Fake news and misinformation pissing me off.

Ah yes ... my experience exactly.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:40 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Damnation is pretty decent, watched 9 episodes in two days. Basically about bank corruption in the 30s that drove farmers to strike. Has a early days of unions forming kinda feeling to it.

"I'm Hub McCann. I've fought in two World Wars and countless smaller ones on three continents. I led thousands of men into battle with everything from horses and swords to artillery and TANKS! I've seen the headwaters of the Nile, and tribes of natives no white man had ever seen before. I've won and lost a dozen fortunes, KILLED MANY MEN! And loved only one woman, with a passion a FLEA like you could never begin to understand. That's who I am. NOW, GO HOME, BOY!"

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones". Albert Einstein 1947

Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:17 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Another Life

Haha haha haha haha hahahahaah

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:31 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Not much of a review, amigo. :wink05:
Does that mean it's a really funny comedy or that it was a waste of electricity to make it?

The Right to Buy Weapons Is the Right to Be Free

Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:39 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Isildur wrote:
Not much of a review, amigo. :wink05:
Does that mean it's a really funny comedy or that it was a waste of electricity to make it?

I'm struggling with the thread title.

Possible the worst show ever. I mean good lord, it's got it all. I only watched an episode and a half. I will leave the real reviews to others. Avoid.

Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:44 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pablo wrote:
Another Life

Turd. I got less than 20 minutes in, with much fast-forwarding, and gave up. Horrible.

Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:59 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The Great Hack

Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:03 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

leadcounsel wrote:
Pablo wrote:
Another Life

Turd. I got less than 20 minutes in, with much fast-forwarding, and gave up. Horrible.

Yep, That is ALL the review anyone needs.

Didn't we used to have a thread with Netflix, Prime, etc shows that DO suck?

Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:04 am
Reply to topic   [ 683 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 46  Next