Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:09 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 2753 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170 ... 184  Next
 The OFF TOPIC thread 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:
7mm Rem mag is better than 6.5CM

that is all. as you were.

Yes it is.

As I was.....

Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:07 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Planned 4 solid days of fishing.
Actual was 2 days, due to 30-40 mph winds and BIG thunderstorms on Ft. Peck Lake (Missouri Breaks to the locals)

Mind you, Fort Peck lake is the most unpredictable lake I've ever navigated. No internet, no cell phone, only NOAA weather on the emergency radio to check conditions. This lake is crazy town.

1" hail damaged my brand new F350 hood on the 2000 Ford. THANK GOD we didn't take the 5th wheel and new truck.

Only 10 walleye in 2 days of fishing, but it was glorious when they hit.

80-90 deg weather forced us into another retirement decision....buy a truck camper with A/C. We're looking at a 2019 Lance 1062 tomorrow after a safe journey home (2 days there, 2 days back) We spent more time traveling than fishing so next year, we are booking for a camp site for TWO WEEKS. We figure we can get 7 days out of 14 for good fishing.

Thankfully our son dog sat for us and we were dog free for 6 days.

Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:06 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sportsdad60 wrote:
Mind you, Fort Peck lake is the most unpredictable lake I've ever navigated. No internet, no cell phone, only NOAA weather on the emergency radio to check conditions. This lake is crazy town.

Obligatory: Montana ain't so great now, is it?

There are some options for navigation that you should look into. I'd actually be interested to know how well they work on inland bodies of water since I've only done inshore/offshore navigation

Open CPN is a free charting program that uses digital charts and integrates GPS and other data if you have it. I don't see a chart for Lake Fort Peck on the NOAA website but there are other sources. Some chart sources charge a fee others are free

https://opencpn.org/

Navionics is another app. I'm not a big fan of it for sailing but it might work for what you are doing. iNavX is similar but I haven't used it

https://www.navionics.com/usa/

Both of those keep the chart on the device, so even if you don't have cell reception the chart will still work

If you're looking for wind conditions there are a ton of apps for that. Find wind, predict wind, sail flow... They all just gather wind data from weather stations and put them together in a neater format. Navionics and iNavX can integrate that data but more features cost more moneys

Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:41 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks, I have a few apps for wind prediction and storms, what not, but they only work when I have cell service.

Ill look into a stand alone GPS

Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:51 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Waiting for the backordered ammo shipment?
Forget about it!
https://www.breitbart.com/border/2021/0 ... -to-texas/

Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:04 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

surevaliance wrote:
Forget about it!

Superb comments :bow:

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:08 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

surevaliance wrote:
Forget about it!

Aguila said something like 98.5% was 22lr, not something really used by the cartel.

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:53 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Who plays World of Tanks?

Hit me up in game for a platoon. Also my clan is recruiting.

In game name is ... SporkBoy.

Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:58 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Temp feels like it's dropped 20 degrees in the last hour, with a cold breeze and black skies. Should be a good storm..

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:30 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Amazon burns through workers so quickly that executives are worried they'll run out of people to employ, according to a new report.
:ROFLMAO:
https://www.businessinsider.com/amazon- ... age-2021-6

"Amazon has been hiring hundreds of thousands of workers for roles in its warehouses, which it calls fulfillment centers, but those employees have been quitting almost as fast as they can be hired, according to a huge report from The New York Times published on Tuesday.

Many of the over 350,000 workers Amazon hired from July to October stayed with the company "just days or weeks," the report said.

:thumbsup2:

Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:52 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

surevaliance wrote:
Amazon burns through workers so quickly that executives are worried they'll run out of people to employ, according to a new report.

"Amazon has been hiring hundreds of thousands of workers for roles in its warehouses, which it calls fulfillment centers, but those employees have been quitting almost as fast as they can be hired, according to a huge report from The New York Times published on Tuesday.

Many of the over 350,000 workers Amazon hired from July to October stayed with the company "just days or weeks," the report said.

Well put the illegal aliens to work! :thumbsup2:

Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:10 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sportsdad60 wrote:
surevaliance wrote:

Well put the illegal aliens to work! :thumbsup2:

It's in the works.

Those pesky crises at the border keep slowing things up.

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:17 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Speaking of Amazon ethics...
Amazon driver gets nasty and calls police when caught creating hazard by obstructing intersection.
https://www.itemfix.com/v?t=cic1il

Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:29 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

what did i telly'all? people are on the edge man...

Quote:
A woman went berserk and became violent Monday morning after a McDonald’s manager told her she could not mix slushie flavors.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2021/06/woman-goes-berserk-punches-mcdonalds-employees-wouldnt-mix-slushie-flavors-video/

watch the vid in the link :thumbsup2:

i was surprised the slushie addict din't get her ass beaten much worse and didn't have her drawls pulled over her head... shiiiit :bonghit:

Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:06 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

They have slushies at McDonalds!?

Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2753 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170 ... 184  Next