Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:14 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 23265 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1031, 1032, 1033, 1034, 1035, 1036, 1037 ... 1551  Next
 What has MADE your day today? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PMB wrote:
mcyclonegt wrote:
Arisaka wrote:
mcyclonegt wrote:
Guy at McDonalds asked me if my order was for here or to go? I needed a goof laugh.

Damn Matt, you really know how to spoil yourself with the top shelf restaurants
!!

Driving between Olympia and Bremerton at 5am leaves little options. An ice tea and breakfast burrito tides me over until I get to work and make some real food at 9.

I fixed that for myself... I eat an early lunch and an early supper, and that's it most days. :thumbsup2:

What is "supper"?
I have:
Breakfast
Lunch
Dinner
Brunch
Snacks
What part of the country are you from that has this thing you call "supper"?

Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:00 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

golddigger14s wrote:
PMB wrote:
mcyclonegt wrote:
Arisaka wrote:
mcyclonegt wrote:
Guy at McDonalds asked me if my order was for here or to go? I needed a goof laugh.

!!

Driving between Olympia and Bremerton at 5am leaves little options. An ice tea and breakfast burrito tides me over until I get to work and make some real food at 9.

I fixed that for myself... I eat an early lunch and an early supper, and that's it most days. :thumbsup2:

What is "supper"?
I have:
Breakfast
Lunch
Dinner
Brunch
Snacks

You actually don't understand what I said? :bigsmile:

Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:04 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

In my part of the US we don't have anything called supper when it comes to eating.

Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:36 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

golddigger14s wrote:
PMB wrote:
mcyclonegt wrote:
Arisaka wrote:
mcyclonegt wrote:

!!

What is "supper"?
I have:
Breakfast
Lunch
Dinner
Brunch
Snacks

No one in the greatest state in the union uses the term Supper? I find that VERY hard to believe.

Nemo Omen
JM Marlin 39M
Tikka T3 Tactical(.308)
BAR(.308)

Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:37 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Jagerbomber35 wrote:
golddigger14s wrote:
PMB wrote:
mcyclonegt wrote:
Arisaka wrote:
mcyclonegt wrote:

!!

What is "supper"?
I have:
Breakfast
Lunch
Dinner
Brunch
Snacks

No one in the greatest state in the union uses the term Supper? I find that VERY hard to believe.

Uh what state are you in?
594/1639/gas&liqour taxes have canceled out WA's "greatest state" status.

Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:49 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

golddigger14s wrote:
Jagerbomber35 wrote:
golddigger14s wrote:
PMB wrote:
mcyclonegt wrote:
Arisaka wrote:
mcyclonegt wrote:

!!

What is "supper"?
I have:
Breakfast
Lunch
Dinner
Brunch
Snacks

Uh what state are you in?
594/1639/gas&liqour taxes have canceled out WA's "greatest state" status.

I'm referring to Oklahoma. Isn't that what you keep saying?

Nemo Omen
JM Marlin 39M
Tikka T3 Tactical(.308)
BAR(.308)

Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:14 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Swallwell held an anti-gun rally outside NRA headquarters.

Well publicized beforehand.

18 people showed up.

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:20 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Selador wrote:

18 people showed up.

And they were likely paid staffers.

Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:47 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

SporkBoy wrote:
Selador wrote:

18 people showed up.

And they were likely paid staffers.

:ROFLMAO: ...and CNN plants....

I've been to the NRA headquarters over a hundred times, it's not really conducive to protests :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:07 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Read some KOMO blurb ...

"In Washington state, the number CPL holders has increased 55 percent in the past six years. In January 2013, 396,102 concealed pistol licenses were issued, compared to 612,919 in January 2019. "

The more the merrier, I say! Even though constitutional carry should be the national default.

Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:49 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Samuel graduated Sammamish HS last night. I cried like it wasn't a thing and yes, indiscreetly wiped my face on the inside of my brother's sportscoat. When Sam crossed the stage to receive his diploma, Trent and I stood up on the bleachers side by side and according to my former mother in law, "blocked out the sun". Fine, whatever, we're tall, you're short, may we both politely invite you to f*ck off.

Sam was accorded three awards--one for graduating with a GPA above 3.5, one for having given over 200 hours in community service (mostly ESL assistance to Spanish-speaking students), and another, which he refused to wear due to personal reasons, from the National Honour Society. His (fairly) new girlfriend, the daughter of a state representative, graduated with the same awards--although she wore her NHS cord.

They connected when both were tutouring ESL students--Sam with the aforementioned Spanish speaking ESL students, M. with Spanish speaking and Viet speaking ESL students.

Did I mention that Sam took off his robe and mortarboard and rocked right the hell out with three other graduating students, as part of the scheduled events, Sam playing the electric bass for a rendition of Queen's "Don't Stop Me Now"? He did. It was awesome.

Sam crossed the stage carrying the pocket Bible his great-great-grandfather carried into battle in the Great War. Truman, Old Papa, who died when I was around 8, gave it to me prior to his death and asked that if I ever had a son, that the Bible be carried during that son's HS graduation. Truman, my Old Papa, never finished high school, never crossed the stage. Now he has--in the form of a 102 year old cloth bound pocket Bible marked with 100 plus year old bloodstains.

Another token he carried in his shirt pocket when he crossed the stage was a tiny 19kt (the British were weird with gold) Cross of Lorraine, worn by his great grandmother during the British liberation of Bergen-Belsen, when she--at age 17 1/2, just a bit younger than Sam--was tasked, with other Canadian nurses hastily attached to the British regiment, with the duty of recording the condition of surviving victims of the camp.

Grammie wrote Sam a letter in 2004, to be opened on his HS graduation day--ten pages, handwritten front and back, with her life story and her expectations of Sam, along with the Cross and her request that he carry it at his graduation. Good thing I throw substantial offspring, otherwise he would've been a little top heavy.

Sam will be attending the University of British Columbia come fall; his gf is off to Mt. Holyoke, one of the Ivy League's "seven sisters". I am exhausted and elated and feel a thousand years older today.

I should note that Sam missed his entire eighth grade year and most of his freshman year with crippling anxiety and depression. Like, he couldn't leave the house anxiety. No one expected him to graduate on time, certainly not with honours and definitely not with enough college credits--earned with AP tests--to enter university with sophomore standing. And he did. He did it all. Never, never ever never, give up on your kids.

That is all.

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun."
~Tenzin Gyatso, aka His Holiness the Dalai Lama

"We who are strong have an obligation to bear with the failings of the weak, and not to please ourselves."
~ Romans 15:1

"Ils Ont Les Armes, On Les Emmerde, On A Le Champagne!"~Charlie Hebdo, November 2015

Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:17 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

glockgirl wrote:
Samuel graduated Sammamish HS last night. I cried like it wasn't a thing and yes, indiscreetly wiped my face on the inside of my brother's sportscoat. When Sam crossed the stage to receive his diploma, Trent and I stood up on the bleachers side by side and according to my former mother in law, "blocked out the sun". Fine, whatever, we're tall, you're short, may we both politely invite you to f*ck off.

Sam was accorded three awards--one for graduating with a GPA above 3.5, one for having given over 200 hours in community service (mostly ESL assistance to Spanish-speaking students), and another, which he refused to wear due to personal reasons, from the National Honour Society. His (fairly) new girlfriend, the daughter of a state representative, graduated with the same awards--although she wore her NHS cord.

They connected when both were tutouring ESL students--Sam with the aforementioned Spanish speaking ESL students, M. with Spanish speaking and Viet speaking ESL students.

Did I mention that Sam took off his robe and mortarboard and rocked right the hell out with three other graduating students, as part of the scheduled events, Sam playing the electric bass for a rendition of Queen's "Don't Stop Me Now"? He did. It was awesome.

Sam crossed the stage carrying the pocket Bible his great-great-grandfather carried into battle in the Great War. Truman, Old Papa, who died when I was around 8, gave it to me prior to his death and asked that if I ever had a son, that the Bible be carried during that son's HS graduation. Truman, my Old Papa, never finished high school, never crossed the stage. Now he has--in the form of a 102 year old cloth bound pocket Bible marked with 100 plus year old bloodstains.

Another token he carried in his shirt pocket when he crossed the stage was a tiny 19kt (the British were weird with gold) Cross of Lorraine, worn by his great grandmother during the British liberation of Bergen-Belsen, when she--at age 17 1/2, just a bit younger than Sam--was tasked, with other Canadian nurses hastily attached to the British regiment, with the duty of recording the condition of surviving victims of the camp.

Grammie wrote Sam a letter in 2004, to be opened on his HS graduation day--ten pages, handwritten front and back, with her life story and her expectations of Sam, along with the Cross and her request that he carry it at his graduation. Good thing I throw substantial offspring, otherwise he would've been a little top heavy.

Sam will be attending the University of British Columbia come fall; his gf is off to Mt. Holyoke, one of the Ivy League's "seven sisters". I am exhausted and elated and feel a thousand years older today.

I should note that Sam missed his entire eighth grade year and most of his freshman year with crippling anxiety and depression. Like, he couldn't leave the house anxiety. No one expected him to graduate on time, certainly not with honours and definitely not with enough college credits--earned with AP tests--to enter university with sophomore standing. And he did. He did it all. Never, never ever never, give up on your kids.

That is all.

Flat out awesome! Congratulations to Sam and job well done, mom!

Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:16 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well Jen it has to be said....

Spoiler: show
Attachment:
IMG_20180926_074952.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

So, when does that "Old enough to know better" shit kick in???
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:17 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That is soooooo cool GG.

Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:44 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Waking up to a belated "Happy Birthday" message from a friend in another Time zone.

I have never been, am not, and will NEVER be an NRA member. They sold me out a dozen times, just like they have you!

"while CZ, SIG, FN, and Izhmash (hum...) are playing Hardball, American manufacturers are too busy playing Lawyerball."

Want High end Russian military gear? PM me!

Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:05 am
Reply to topic   [ 23265 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1031, 1032, 1033, 1034, 1035, 1036, 1037 ... 1551  Next