Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:01 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 23255 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1063, 1064, 1065, 1066, 1067, 1068, 1069 ... 1551  Next
 What has MADE your day today? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Guntrader wrote:
Regulating my grandfather clocks.
The Pearl was about 1 minute per day slow, now it's within 5 seconds per day.
Not done with it yet.
My Howard Miller is about + 1/4 second per day which is good because it goes backwards a couple seconds when I wind it every week.
As long as I don't move it, then all bets are off.
Large wood clocks hate being moved, bumped, or temperature/humidity fluctuations.

Collecting mechanical watches and clocks has been a hobby of mine for 20+ years.

This sounds very time consuming.

"I'm Hub McCann. I've fought in two World Wars and countless smaller ones on three continents. I led thousands of men into battle with everything from horses and swords to artillery and TANKS! I've seen the headwaters of the Nile, and tribes of natives no white man had ever seen before. I've won and lost a dozen fortunes, KILLED MANY MEN! And loved only one woman, with a passion a FLEA like you could never begin to understand. That's who I am. NOW, GO HOME, BOY!"

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones". Albert Einstein 1947

Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:11 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I enjoyed this link about the Second Amendment........................

https://thewashingtonstandard.com/the-f ... sarm-them/

The Father Of The Bill Of Rights Warned: The Best Way To Enslave The People Is To Disarm Them!

“How many times I have broadcasted on air that you either deal lawfully with corrupt anti-gunner politicians for violating our Bill of Rights (Article 2, Section 4, US Constitution), or you will be disarmed. There is no in-between. If Americans do not want to learn from history, then Americans will learn from experience in the present only to have wished that they had learned from history.” -Bradlee Dean

From a blog: Political Correctness - the belief that one can pick up a turd by the clean end.

Benjamin Franklin: It is the (civic) responsibility of every citizen to question authority.

Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:22 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The Wife and I made dinner for 21 people in a Condo....and it went well. :bigsmile:

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:47 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

mcyclonegt wrote:
Guntrader wrote:
Regulating my grandfather clocks.
The Pearl was about 1 minute per day slow, now it's within 5 seconds per day.
Not done with it yet.
My Howard Miller is about + 1/4 second per day which is good because it goes backwards a couple seconds when I wind it every week.
As long as I don't move it, then all bets are off.
Large wood clocks hate being moved, bumped, or temperature/humidity fluctuations.

Collecting mechanical watches and clocks has been a hobby of mine for 20+ years.

This sounds very time consuming.

Not really, but it's something I enjoy.
Write down the time gained or lost each day.
Take the time gained or lost in 7 days without winding, divide by 7 and compare to the measured daily average.
(if people bump it or inside temperature fluctuates your daily time could be a little off).
Turn the pendulum adjustment screw clockwise two full turns to gain 1 minute per day.
I wear a white glove on my left hand to hold the pendulum, fingerprints can stain the brass and I dont want to polish it.

My Pearl was within 2 seconds per day this morning, wee how it stays this week.

Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:35 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

usrifle wrote:
The Wife and I made dinner for 21 people in a Condo....and it went well. :bigsmile:

You should write a book!

So, when does that "Old enough to know better" shit kick in???
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:47 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Traut wrote:
usrifle wrote:

You should write a book!

I'm not that good. :rofl9:

Beef short ribs and chicken fettuccine with Salads and fresh fruits.
People had to balance trays in their laps because of lack of table space but it worked out.
Did I mention I hate cooking outside of my own Kitchen and BBQ space?
Yeah, it was a challenge but it went pretty well.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:20 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

usrifle wrote:
Traut wrote:
usrifle wrote:

You should write a book!

People had to balance trays in their laps because of lack of table space but it worked out.

You're in Maui... Aren't you...

Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:20 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Great 4 days with old neighbors and my oldest son and his GF. Sri Lankan food, brisket, steaks, no holds barred!
Gun range, Wild Horse Island hike, fishing, and focking off all over the lake.
The boy and his GF head home tonight.

Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:36 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Two scumbags arrested in Florida for stealing sandbags.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/hurricane-do ... ing-police

The Volusia County Sheriff’s Office says a deputy spotted the men about 5 p.m. Monday along a road that’s off Interstate 95 and I-4. One man was loading the bags into a pickup as the other man acted as a lookout, the sheriff’s office said.

Thaylon A. Lewis, 43, and Joseph Colombo Jr., 45, “are the first to be arrested for looting during a state of emergency,” the sheriff’s office said in a Facebook posting.

"If someone thinks they are going to commit a crime during this state of emergency, they are wrong," Flowers said. "We will take them to jail and they will spend the entire storm in our jail."

Flowers added that the judicial system is currently enforcing no bond for those types of crimes during the state of emergency.

Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:39 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I won a buckshot mold from https://www.martysarms.com He is buddies with http://www.bubbarountreeoutdoors.com and they posted a drawing on a Facebook slug and buckshot reloading page. I entered and was given the choice between a .32 cal ( single 0) and .37 (triple 000). I chose the .32. These things are very nice. Check them out if you need a mold. Will post pics.

"I'm Hub McCann. I've fought in two World Wars and countless smaller ones on three continents. I led thousands of men into battle with everything from horses and swords to artillery and TANKS! I've seen the headwaters of the Nile, and tribes of natives no white man had ever seen before. I've won and lost a dozen fortunes, KILLED MANY MEN! And loved only one woman, with a passion a FLEA like you could never begin to understand. That's who I am. NOW, GO HOME, BOY!"

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones". Albert Einstein 1947

Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:20 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Took Huey out for water retrieve training today. He did great and earned his favorite treat

Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:44 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Arisaka wrote:
Took Huey out for water retrieve training today. He did great and earned his favorite treat

Good boy Huey!

So, when does that "Old enough to know better" shit kick in???
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:47 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

usrifle wrote:
Traut wrote:
usrifle wrote:

You should write a book!

Beef Short Ribs?

Recipe?

Bone-in, or boneless?

Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:47 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

My Neighbor John an AmVet that's 86 yrs old wants to send his 5 shotguns one 22 to his son in Houston Texas..

He comes to me for advice.....

As an Owner I buy,,,,,never have sent any firearm anywhere.

Yesterday we box all 6 of these up and I'm reaching out to people I know on what carrier to use to send to Houston FFL.

My neighbor John, as I'm asking what protocol is ....he gets the bright Idea to swing by Marys Pistols.

He comes by today @ 11 am, I'm all excited to tell him that long guns may be good to send USPS...cheaper than Fed Ex

He Tells me he swung by Marys Pistols and they took all six and is handling it all for him...packaging labeling shipping to correct FFL etc...

Mid South Sound Best Gun Shop ever!

Marys Pistols.....Tyler st Tacoma.

Thank You so very Much!

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:30 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

My hall GF clock is within 2 seconds in 5 days (0.5 seconds/day) after only 2 adjustments.

Could have been within 1 second, but since it doesn't have a second hand, that is about within measurable limits eyeballing the minute hand.

I'll leave it alone for a few weeks and keep an eye on it.

Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 23255 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1063, 1064, 1065, 1066, 1067, 1068, 1069 ... 1551  Next