Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:08 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 23249 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 950, 951, 952, 953, 954, 955, 956 ... 1550  Next
 What has MADE your day today? 

GOA Challenging NFA constitutionality.
Supreme court Accepted 2a case.
Getting $1,200 back from taxes

Inherited a cool handgun.

"Give them bread and circuses, and they will never revolt."

Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:22 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Passed my murder board/certification so I'm officially allowed to start teaching. My first class begins Feb 25. Only took eight months.

Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:11 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

golddigger14s wrote:
Passed my murder board/certification so I'm officially allowed to start teaching. My first class begins Feb 25. Only took eight months.

I didn't know people had to take classes to commit murder.

You sure you didn't just get scammed?

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:32 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Selador wrote:
golddigger14s wrote:

It's called a murder board, because the evaluators verbally, and mentally beat the crap out of you. Although some 12 year old Glenfiddich is starting to reduce the pain. :bigsmile:
I'm one of the few that got a first time go. Most people have to go back for round two.
:party:

Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:25 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

golddigger14s wrote:
Selador wrote:
golddigger14s wrote:

It's called a murder board, because the evaluators verbally, and mentally beat the crap out of you. Although some 12 year old Glenfiddich is starting to reduce the pain. :bigsmile:
I'm one of the few that got a first time go. Most people have to go back for round two.

Well congrats man!!

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:34 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pablo wrote:
golddigger14s wrote:
Selador wrote:
golddigger14s wrote:

Well congrats man!!

Thanks, it's like the job interview from hell. Or for you military types it makes the promotion boards look like a cakewalk.

Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:45 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

While waiting at the airport, texted the Dread Princess to ask what the little girl is doing... "She is playing with her ponies and flying dragons over them pretending that the ponies are being eaten one by one."
That's my girl!

Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:28 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

We've been getting into ham radio the last couple months. In December, I passed my Technician exam. Woohoo! Got my call sign after a long 2 weeks... So cool. I've been talking a little bit on the local repeaters, trying to get over my mic fright.

While I was studying, PTHubby was seeing what I was doing and it piqued his interest. He started studying.... With his background in electrical engineering, computer, geek - he got more and more excited as he studied.

He gave me a General book for Christmas. I started studying for my General. Last week, we both went for exams again. I got my General. Woohoo! So cool... and I can use my General privileges right away - KE0TZE /AG. PTHubby took Technician - aced. Took General - passed. Took Amateur Extra - passed. Woohoo! So cool... and he's waiting and waiting with no call sign until the FCC is put back to work processing forms.

Kinda strange - he outranks me but can't talk without his call sign. But I generously offered to let him use my call sign 3rd party. :bigsmile:

Today we participated in Winter Field Day with our radio club. It was the first time we've actually seen High Frequency in action. I talked to someone in Atlanta, GA (we were in Boulder,CO). My boys talked to people in AL, MI, CA, SC, WA, GA, NM, MO, and Canada. It really hit home that these radio waves were bouncing off the ionosphere and ground - so cool! Totally made my day.

Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:34 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PTmorgan wrote:
We've been getting into ham radio the last couple months. In December, I passed my Technician exam. Woohoo! Got my call sign after a long 2 weeks... So cool. I've been talking a little bit on the local repeaters, trying to get over my mic fright.

While I was studying, PTHubby was seeing what I was doing and it piqued his interest. He started studying.... With his background in electrical engineering, computer, geek - he got more and more excited as he studied.

He gave me a General book for Christmas. I started studying for my General. Last week, we both went for exams again. I got my General. Woohoo! So cool... and I can use my General privileges right away - KE0TZE /AG. PTHubby took Technician - aced. Took General - passed. Took Amateur Extra - passed. Woohoo! So cool... and he's waiting and waiting with no call sign until the FCC is put back to work processing forms.

Kinda strange - he outranks me but can't talk without his call sign. But I generously offered to let him use my call sign 3rd party. :bigsmile:

Today we participated in Winter Field Day with our radio club. It was the first time we've actually seen High Frequency in action. I talked to someone in Atlanta, GA (we were in Boulder,CO). My boys talked to people in AL, MI, CA, SC, WA, GA, NM, MO, and Canada. It really hit home that these radio waves were bouncing off the ionosphere and ground - so cool! Totally made my day.

Congrats !!! :thumbsup2:

Field Days are fun!

Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:45 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PTmorgan wrote:

This warms my cockles.

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:49 pm
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

PTmorgan wrote:

It's really cool ain't it. I contacted a couple people on HF, internationally when I had my shack set up. Really rad stuff.

1911 Pistolsmithing
Firearm Refinishing
GLOCK Certified Armorer
CMMG Authorized Dealer
NEMO Arms Authorized Dealer
http://www.blackhammerarms.com
http://www.facebook.com/blackhammerarms
https://www.instagram.com/blackhammerarms/

Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:19 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I got a hug.
It wasn't from a wagunner, or a relative.
It's the little things in life that count.
:bigsmile:

Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:40 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

golddigger14s wrote:
I got a hug.

No pictures... fail. :facepalm2:

Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:11 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

AR15L wrote:
golddigger14s wrote:
I got a hug.

No pictures... fail. :facepalm2:

I think you are confused.

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:10 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Travel trailer washed, wife's car washed, new hot tub set on the patio. Not too bad.

Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 23249 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 950, 951, 952, 953, 954, 955, 956 ... 1550  Next