Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:15 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 23265 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1358, 1359, 1360, 1361, 1362, 1363, 1364 ... 1551  Next
 What has MADE your day today? 

It was at the tail end of errands.... starts with a 20 spot -- six pack - can o chew - 2 packs of cheese ($0.77 each at SW) and some coleslaw --- left me with a fiver..... wasn't planning on finding any screaming deals at GO, and I try to temper myself from 'stocking up' too much at GO until I've tried it or know its good.....

So I was left with a fiver --- two rolls of sausage - a pack of Nabisco Coconut Dreams :thumbsup2: - a box of Toll House cheese crispers (had to try - thinking about using in meatloaf) - a box of CocoPuffs 'Brownies' (had to try :bigsmile: ) I got a nickel back from my fiver.

I went back - with another fiver - and got four rolls of sausage and another box of CocoPuffs - they were good!
So -- six pounds of sausage in the freezer for $6 I'm thinking is enuff -- I wanted to get more, but thats already taking up alot of space in the freezer..... I've been trying to clear out some space in the freezer so I can cook up a ham bone and make BIG batch of ham and beans.

Of the ten voices I hear in my head, only three keep telling me NOT to shoot....
Do I go with the majority or common sense?

Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:40 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

JohnMBrowning wrote:
It was at the tail end of errands.... starts with a 20 spot -- six pack - can o chew - 2 packs of cheese ($0.77 each at SW) and some coleslaw --- left me with a fiver..... wasn't planning on finding any screaming deals at GO, and I try to temper myself from 'stocking up' too much at GO until I've tried it or know its good.....

So I was left with a fiver --- two rolls of sausage - a pack of Nabisco Coconut Dreams :thumbsup2: - a box of Toll House cheese crispers (had to try - thinking about using in meatloaf) - a box of CocoPuffs 'Brownies' (had to try :bigsmile: ) I got a nickel back from my fiver.

I went back - with another fiver - and got four rolls of sausage and another box of CocoPuffs - they were good!
So -- six pounds of sausage in the freezer for $6 I'm thinking is enuff -- I wanted to get more, but thats already taking up alot of space in the freezer..... I've been trying to clear out some space in the freezer so I can cook up a ham bone and make BIG batch of ham and beans.

So what you're saying is their security cameras aren't working?
:popcorn:

Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:50 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Praise the dear Lord, home safe after a 2 week trip.

Some observations;
So, from Flathead lake MT (Home) to MN, travel with a slight tail wind, about 11 mpg.

Returning, I'm getting about 10.3 mpg with a slight head wind.

2340 miles logged, and 7.5 gallons of DEF. Diesel cost was $946.

The Sumo springs make the 5th wheel rig stable, unlike our first big trip from MT to CO. IMO, money worth spent.

We are glad we chose a 5th wheel under 36' because a couple 38-41 footers pulled in to the state park and couldn't maneuver into their spot or were just too big.

One place we dumped our tanks after dry camping in Northern MN was disgusting, Deer River MN. There are a lot of rookie RV'ers out there that don't know to WEIGHT THE ELBOW DOWN when dumping. Nothing worse than seeing/smellng floating Baby Ruth bars all over the place.

The smoke from MT followed us to MN after about 3 days.

Although KOA's are probably the most expensive to stay at, we love them for overnight stops enroute to final destination for several reasons;
-Predictable
-No riff raff in crappy RVs
-Consistent power surge for AC regardless of capacity of the RV place.
-Most have water even in winter months once south of Idaho (this is a winter observation from last year)
-They enforce "Quiet time" from 10pm to 7am. As an early-to-bed guy I appreciate this!

It was great spending 2 solid days doing work around the farm for Dad, now 91. I suspect this might be the last summer, he's slowing down big time.

And lastly, At 5am, brushing your teeth with Cortizon....you probably read that story in the OT topic.

Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:31 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Funny article lampooning Democratic party intolerance of dissent and hypocrisy regarding defund the police vs private security details. Got a good laugh out of this:
https://babylonbee.com/news/cori-bush-hires-mercenary-army-to-beat-up-anyone-who-doesnt-want-to-defund-the-police?utm_source=jeeng

Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:06 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Seattle seems to not like their city attorney

City Attorney Pete Holmes at risk for not advancing to November's general election
https://komonews.com/news/local/city-attorney-pete-holmes-at-risk-for-not-advancing-to-novembers-general-election

Quote:
According to updated results released Thursday by King County and the Washington Secretary of State's office, Ann Davison, an attorney who ran for Lieutenant Governor last year as Republican, is in the lead with 34.5% of the votes followed by Nicole Thomas-Kennedy, a former public attorney, with 33.19% of the votes. Holmes is in third place with 32.2% of the votes, putting him at risk for not advancing to the general election in November.

Not going to get my hopes up. If he gets knocked out in the primary most of his votes will probably go to the other lib

Seeing Holmes and Davison in the general election would be super interesting though

Is Seattle fed up enough to vote for a Republican?

Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:16 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RocketScott wrote:

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
You funny guy.

Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:18 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

AR15L wrote:
RocketScott wrote:

You funny guy.

We make sure this neveh happen! icon_eek

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:46 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pablo wrote:
AR15L wrote:
RocketScott wrote:

You funny guy.

We make sure this neveh happen! icon_eek

Whaaa? Vote for literal Nazis? Are you serious?

Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:13 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:34 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

>

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:21 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Put a deposit down in Texas (Our other "home" for the winter) for a Lifted Club Car gas golf cart for our traveling there to down, via streets in Port Aransas and the beach. The cost of renting one monthly went from 400 to $650 last season. Fock that! That cost me $2600 last year.
Added a bunch of shit to it, grill guard, premium sound, cup holders for PAX in the back, blah blah.

Basically I got a new 2021 F350 dually and the wife gets her new beach cart. LOL!

Not sure if it made MY day but it made my wifes day.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Last edited by sportsdad60 on Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:20 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sportsdad60 wrote:
Put a deposit down for a golf cart..............

You KNOW you are a geezer when..........

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:28 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sportsdad60 wrote:
Put a deposit down in Texas (Our other "home" for the winter) for a Lifted Club Car gas golf cart for our traveling there to down, via streets in Port Aransas and the beach.
Added a bunch of shit to it, grill guard, premium sound, cup holders for PAX in the back, blah blah.

Basically I got a new 2021 F350 dually and the wife gets her new beach cart. LOL!

Should have got a Mahindra roxor.. :wink05:

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:31 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pablo wrote:
sportsdad60 wrote:
Put a deposit down for a golf cart..............

You KNOW you are a geezer when..........

Hey, at least the seats are grey so if I have another shitepisode....it won't be as noticeable.

Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:31 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:
sportsdad60 wrote:
Put a deposit down in Texas (Our other "home" for the winter) for a Lifted Club Car gas golf cart for our traveling there to down, via streets in Port Aransas and the beach.

Should have got a Mahindra roxor.. :wink05:

Wouldn't fit on the board walk to the beach.

Here is last years wiener roast, one of many on the beach.
I'm proud to say, these are all our retired friends. And we're the youngest couple!

Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:35 pm
Reply to topic   [ 23265 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1358, 1359, 1360, 1361, 1362, 1363, 1364 ... 1551  Next