Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:08 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 28626 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1668, 1669, 1670, 1671, 1672, 1673, 1674 ... 1909  Next
 What has pissed you off today? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That's an older style generator transfer switch which keeps you from pumping your generator juice out to the street and electrocuting the guys working on the power lines. It let's you selectively chose which devices or circuits you want to run off the generator when the power is out. Dont feel bad...I used to have at least one person call me during or after every power outage with "problems" with their transfer switches.

So, when does that "Old enough to know better" shit kick in???
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:19 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

zombie66 wrote:
Not entirely sure if this qualifies as “being pissed off” more like “I feel like a fucking idiot”…..

So our house has a generator hook up right next to the fuse panel in our garage and when we bought the house 5 years ago we bought all new kitchen appliances fridge,stove & dishwasher and about a year and a half ago our dishwasher stopped working so we just washed dishes by hand as we both never had a dishwasher growing up and it is just the wife and I.

Fast forward to today and the contractor doing our remodel told us when he ripped out the kitchen he would try to see what took a shit with the dishwasher and if need be replace it so he using his tester and finds that the direct power wire coming from the wall was a no-go so he took a peek at the fuse box thinking the breaker might be toast and he informed me that he was really not super comfortable with swapping it out (which he was upfront with us about not diving too far into electrical issues), he then looked at the generator hook up and noticed that one of the switches was in the middle position and clicked it off, then tested the power again with good results and turned on the dishwasher and it fired right up.

I could NOT fucking beleive that I almost bought a brand new dishwasher and was gonna attempt to change out a breaker when all that was wrong was a stupid fucking switch was bumped slightly…..FUCK!!!!

I almost did the very same thing with the big freezer full of meat and fish in the garage, wound up being the GIF outlet... It was a good thing that my son, the CG marine electrician was home on leave the next week, I just ran an extension cord to it till he was able to get to it. FUKKK!!!! :bigsmile:

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:11 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Pablo wrote:
Indeed. I would have thought someone homemade that bugger. Cool!

That’s a pretty standard gen set transfer panel from about 15 years ago. They’re a lot more selectable than current panels but much less user friendly.

A little confusing but if you have a low load generator they’re great for selecting the zones you want to prioritize.

Glad to hear you saved a big expense J! Sounds like your contactor is a good dude!

Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:21 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks, I really think we hit a homerun with this one.

Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:42 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yeah, that's good. Take him at his word that he doesn't "feel comfortable" rooting around in your breaker box. Don't think a G.C.'s bond, insur, and license allow that. It's not difficult to change out a breaker, if it had come to that. Purely a liability issue. Do post pics of the project.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:01 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sinus211 wrote:
Pablo wrote:
Indeed. I would have thought someone homemade that bugger. Cool!

That’s a pretty standard gen set transfer panel from about 15 years ago. They’re a lot more selectable than current panels but much less user friendly.

A little confusing but if you have a low load generator they’re great for selecting the zones you want to prioritize.

Glad to hear you saved a big expense J! Sounds like your contactor is a good dude!

Mine just inputs back into the panel with it's own breaker switch. Idiot lock out trigger guards even, main must be OFF to allow input (for obvious reasons). I can turn on or off any circuit I want. But damnit not enough gen to run AC. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :rofl9:

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:32 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

shelled pistacios...... never had em until about 10 minutes ago. who the frickity frack voluntarily eats these little demon pebbles? fml. never again.

1st world problems i know.

Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:00 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

IRackNBack wrote:
shelled pistacios...... never had em until about 10 minutes ago. who the frickity frack voluntarily eats these little demon pebbles? fml. never again.

Pistachios are amazing.

I keep a couple lbs on hand for a healthier snack. High in protein and good fats, and has a decent selection of nutrients and vitamins as well.

Quote:
A typical serving size of pistachios is one ounce or 49 kernels. When you consume 1 ounce of raw pistachios, you get the following healthy nutrients thanks to pistachio nutrition:

159 calories
7.7 grams carbohydrates
5.7 grams protein
12.9 grams fat
3 grams fiber
0.5 milligram vitamin B6 (25 percent DV)
0.3 milligram thiamine (20 percent DV)
0.4 milligram copper (20 percent DV)
291 milligrams potassium (8.3 percent DV)
34 milligrams magnesium (8.5 percent DV)
1.1 milligrams iron (6.1 percent DV)
0.6 milligram zinc (4 percent DV)
14 micrograms folate (3.5 percent DV)
30 milligrams calcium (3 percent DV)
146 international units vitamin A (2.9 percent DV)
1.6 milligrams vitamin C (2.7 percent DV)
0.8 milligram vitamin E (2.7 percent DV)
0.4 milligram niacin (2 percent DV)

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:12 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

IRackNBack wrote:

It's easier to eat if you take the shells off... :bigsmile:

Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:37 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

lmao. i did that. still not worth the trouble.

Massivedesign wrote:
IRackNBack wrote:

Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:42 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:
IRackNBack wrote:

:ROFLMAO: :rofl9: :ROFLMAO:

Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:42 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

IRackNBack wrote:

Massivedesign wrote:
IRackNBack wrote:

Helluva lot better than sunflower seeds.

Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:00 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

IRackNBack wrote:

Eat enough and you get a free stomach ache.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:20 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

zombie66 wrote:
Not entirely sure if this qualifies as “being pissed off” more like “I feel like a fucking idiot”…..

So our house has a generator hook up right next to the fuse panel in our garage and when we bought the house 5 years ago we bought all new kitchen appliances fridge,stove & dishwasher and about a year and a half ago our dishwasher stopped working so we just washed dishes by hand as we both never had a dishwasher growing up and it is just the wife and I.

Fast forward to today and the contractor doing our remodel told us when he ripped out the kitchen he would try to see what took a shit with the dishwasher and if need be replace it so he using his tester and finds that the direct power wire coming from the wall was a no-go so he took a peek at the fuse box thinking the breaker might be toast and he informed me that he was really not super comfortable with swapping it out (which he was upfront with us about not diving too far into electrical issues), he then looked at the generator hook up and noticed that one of the switches was in the middle position and clicked it off, then tested the power again with good results and turned on the dishwasher and it fired right up.

I could NOT fucking beleive that I almost bought a brand new dishwasher and was gonna attempt to change out a breaker when all that was wrong was a stupid fucking switch was bumped slightly…..FUCK!!!!

Have exact same box.
Watch for the gen/line switches getting hot and disintegrate, just fall apart and crumble. Have gone through 3 so far and will eventually replace all when I get a chance.

Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:41 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Is no one going to mention the Rob Zombie poster next to it?

Say You Love Satan

Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 28626 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1668, 1669, 1670, 1671, 1672, 1673, 1674 ... 1909  Next