Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:21 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 28555 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1701, 1702, 1703, 1704, 1705, 1706, 1707 ... 1904  Next
 What has pissed you off today? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Don't over think it. Money goes into their account - after that MYOB.

Sat Jan 01, 2022 2:54 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Seems like I can't post anything, anywhere, without getting banned.

FB, reddit, other sites...

I post data, cites, and factual statements, and end up being banned, or my posts deleted as 'off topic'..

Someone posts a thread about 'The far right will have a fascist dictator controlling the USA by 2030'.. LOL.. and I ask for anything the right is doing to further that supposed agenda, while pointing out all the fascist/dictatorial things the left is doing.... and comment gets deleted as 'off topic'.

I go to a post on the LAPD officer that shot/killed that girl in the store and ask what would happen, if i, as a citizen, did the same thing, and what punishment I'd face, or if I'd get off by calling it a 'terrible accident'... Banned, while others post how brave this guy is shooting at a man in a crowded area that wasn't near anyone else.

I ask the 'moderators' who blocked me if they can point out anything I said that was untruthful, or ask how it was 'off topic' when it was directly related to the situation at hand, and they block me as well.. LOL

Seems like dissenting opinions are no longer allowed, anywhere...

The balkanization continues

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:29 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:
Seems like I can't post anything, anywhere, without getting banned.

FB, reddit, other sites...

I post data, cites, and factual statements, and end up being banned, or my posts deleted as 'off topic'..

Someone posts a thread about 'The far right will have a fascist dictator controlling the USA by 2030'.. LOL.. and I ask for anything the right is doing to further that supposed agenda, while pointing out all the fascist/dictatorial things the left is doing.... and comment gets deleted as 'off topic'.

I go to a post on the LAPD officer that shot/killed that girl in the store and ask what would happen, if i, as a citizen, did the same thing, and what punishment I'd face, or if I'd get off by calling it a 'terrible accident'... Banned, while others post how brave this guy is shooting at a man in a crowded area that wasn't near anyone else.

I ask the 'moderators' who blocked me if they can point out anything I said that was untruthful, or ask how it was 'off topic' when it was directly related to the situation at hand, and they block me as well.. LOL

Seems like dissenting opinions are no longer allowed, anywhere...

The balkanization continues

Stop dividing America!!

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:32 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

There was a time 15-20 yrs ago when a LGB hat used to be an accepted P.C. thing... what happened to all those old T shirts, flags and hats? Or does the new LGBTQ shirt include "Time to Qualify"......... I'm confused.

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:52 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

WaJim wrote:

There was a time 15-20 yrs ago when a LGB hat used to be an accepted P.C. thing... what happened to all those old T shirts, flags and hats? Or does the new LGBTQ shirt include "Time to Qualify"......... I'm confused.

Im let down. I tuned in here expecting to hear a good ol neighbor rant!! :bigsmile:

Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:55 pm

WaJim wrote:

And I remember a time when LGB only meant a German large-scale model train company...

What have YOU done to defend your gun rights against the idiots in DC and Olympia today?

Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:58 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Going over the power bill for last month

The meter reading says that we somehow used more than twice the amount of power than the month before and way more than twice the amount from the same period last year

Called the power company..."Well it is the winter and heating costs go up". Our furnace and water heater are gas. Nothing has changed in the past month, haven't started a welding business or a grow op, or run a smelter in the backyard. Christmas lights were all LED

Only thing I could think of is bad meter but the power company swears up and down that it can't be that. It's one of those smart meters

Wed Jan 05, 2022 7:52 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RocketScott wrote:

The meter reading says that we somehow used more than twice the amount of power than the month before and way more than twice the amount from the same period last year

Called the power company..."Well it is the winter and heating costs go up". Our furnace and water heater are gas. Nothing has changed in the past month, haven't started a welding business or a grow op, or run a smelter in the backyard. Christmas lights were all LED

Only thing I could think of is bad meter but the power company swears up and down that it can't be that. It's one of those smart meters

Ever since they changed my Meter to one of those electronic one's, my bills have gone up with no change in usage. I swear they just tack on more charges when the temp drops.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Wed Jan 05, 2022 7:56 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

usrifle wrote:
RocketScott wrote:

Ever since they changed my Meter to one of those electronic one's, my bills have gone up with no change in usage. I swear they just tack on more charges when the temp drops.

Used to be, PSE would estimate the bills part of the time and then when they actually read the meter they would adjust to account for actual consumption. Most meters here now can be read remotely so I don't think that's the case anymore. Not sure how they do it in hillbilly country.

So, when does that "Old enough to know better" shit kick in???
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:49 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It’s like an electronic slot machine on your power box, you trust them, right?
House/PSE always wins!

Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:56 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Traut wrote:
Used to be, PSE would estimate the bills part of the time and then when they actually read the meter they would adjust to account for actual consumption. Most meters here now can be read remotely so I don't think that's the case anymore. Not sure how they do it in hillbilly country.

This bill said that they actually read the meter on 11/29 and then again on 12/29. The previous bill said that the reading on 11/29 was an estimation, so that may be part of it. The previous bill was a little lower than average but not by much. Past three months were: 710, 650, then 1301 kWh. For comparison, in the summer with the AC running the use was right around 1200 kWh

I turned a bunch of breakers off and the meter said we were still using 6.199 kW of power. I've got the drier going right now and it still shows 6.199 kW

Even though it's a smart meter it's not connected to the internet. They still have to send someone up the holler to wave a magic voodoo box in front of it to read the thing

Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:12 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Amazon promised delivery date was FIVE days back, saw has not even shipped yet. Standard.

Amazon CS is basically not a thing. Not surprised but still pissed.

Fck those guys.

Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:41 am
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Pablo wrote:
Amazon promised delivery date was FIVE days back, saw has not even shipped yet. Standard.

Amazon CS is basically not a thing. Not surprised but still pissed.

Fck those guys.

In my experience Amazon CS is the best in the business. Get on chat with them or if you’re unhappy just cancel the order. Post holiday season with a snow storm that’s just melting off now, how much can you really expect from them or any company?

Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:51 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

RocketScott wrote:
I turned a bunch of breakers off and the meter said we were still using 6.199 kW of power.

That's a lot of juice. Maybe a wire froze and is now leaking under the house.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Wed Jan 05, 2022 11:40 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
RocketScott wrote:
I turned a bunch of breakers off and the meter said we were still using 6.199 kW of power.

That's a lot of juice. Maybe a wire froze and is now leaking under the house.

Hahahhahahahahaha :thumbsup2: :wagwoot: :bow:

Wed Jan 05, 2022 11:45 am
Reply to topic   [ 28555 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1701, 1702, 1703, 1704, 1705, 1706, 1707 ... 1904  Next